Config for a good high end CPU

Aashrey99

The Prophet
According to the "*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html"

I ONLY NEED A CPU CONFIG. NOT AN ENTIRE RIG!

1.Purpose: FUTURE PROOF GAMING

2. Yes I am open to alternatives. (Please dont suggest AMD graphic cards)

3. Max Budget: 80k

4. OCing: YES!!!

5. OS: WINDOWS 7 64bit ULTIMATE

6. HARD DRIVE: I have enough space. DONT NEED ONE!

7. Screen Size: 24" (1920*1080)

8. Hardware Knowlegde: 7/10

9. I haven't built a desktop. This will be built by an assembler.

10. I am planning to purchase this system in last week of may or first week of june

11. Yes config has to be future-proof!!!!!!!!

12. No need for monitor, HDD, sound card, keyboard/mouse.

13. I live in Gopalpur, Orissa. Yes I am planning to make all purchases via online stores. Please suggest some good reliable ones.

14. I want a motherboard which is SLI compatible. Also a 580GTX would be nice. I plan to SLI this graphic card next year. I plan on playing high end games on the highest settings. I have crysis 1 and 2, BFBC2, Black Ops, MW 1 and 2, NFSHP etc.

masterkd

Padawan
if you are planning to buy last week of may then ask on first-second week of may..things are going to be very different then!!

OP
Aashrey99

Aashrey99

The Prophet
Ok, i appreciate the suggestion to wait. But I am not going with AMD. The new processors will take time to come to india. Mobos will follow later. So just suggest me with a config. LOL!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor | Intel Core i7 2600k | 16500
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | 3800
Motherboard | ASUS P8P67 PRO | 11500
RAM | G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL | 3200
Graphic Card | MSI N580 GTX | 27000
SSD | Corsair Fore 60GB | 7200
DVD Writer | LG 22X SATA DVD | 900
PSU | Corsair AX850 | 11500
Case | Coolermaster HAF 932 | 8500
| Total |80500

d3p

PowerHouse
@Aashrey99: I know that you can't get all these things whatever is listed out by Jas or may be by vicky.
Because in Berhampur none of these will be available as well as these retailers wouldn't have heard about these things previously & Finally you end up in having somethings else.

Answer my questions !...
1. Did you ever check what your local retailer deals with ??
2. Are you open to buy these things online ? Yes you are.

Suggestion:
1. Verify with your local retailers whether they can procure these ?
2. Market Study ? What & where its available ? RMA support ?

BTW i'm from Berhampur & i know the situations out there perfectly.

Don't take me wrong bro, its just a suggestion as i know the place.
Note: Don't trust IBM Computers @ Tata Bench Square [owner will qoute a high price on every parts & support is wost than pathetic.]

Next regarding your requirements, you have a knowledge of 7/10 on Hardware & you expect your reseller to assemble you PC ??? If you buy it online nobody will come to you for assembling.

I believe a good CPU can be assembled & later onwards can be debugged, if you have assembled it & you learn +, otherwise just like a small kid you ran down to the shop asking for support everytime.

If you want a assembled PC as well as covered with warranties, then go with Alienware or browse www.bragpc.com

Last edited:
OP
Aashrey99

Aashrey99

The Prophet
@jas: thanks bro!! much appreciated. PS: i was thinking about getting the antec 1200 TPQ. I read around some forums and people were really skeptic about a 1000W PSU powering 2 580's. plus if someone plans to do overclocking then the PSU will most likely get fryed, wont it? so do i get a 1200W psu?
PS: im really not updated on SSDs. Whats the advantage of having em?

@d3p5kor

A1: Im really not interested in the local sellers. I've had really bad experiences with them

A2: YES!

And I dont know the first think about market study. So you'll probably have to help.

Ummm.... Ok, heres the current situation. My dad is in the army, and he got posted to gopalpur. Currently im living in Kota. I will go to gopalpur after the BITTS paper on 20th May. I'm not really keen on going to a local dealer for the parts. they take time and its really ineffective. Also finding a dealer who can arrange stuff really fast is hard. I have located everything online except the CPU cooler mentioned by jas. And since your from around there, well thats great help. Once my papers are done ill give full time to this PC building work and all that. And your right with the assembly, ill do it myself.

Thanks!!!

d3p

PowerHouse
Well well i can only provide you help, only if i get rid of my work from US & come to orissa back.

BTW i have planned to come to my native on May end. So let me know, if any help is required on this.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
amd cards are better this time so dont carry misconceptions that amd cards are wrongly suggested.

if we keep open mindsets then we all may endup with unique configs but not bad configs.

and also cpu is your processor , the box is cabinet or chassis , and a fully assebled cabinet with all components is your rig.

external perepherals are seperate.

OP
Aashrey99

Aashrey99

The Prophet
amd cards are better this time so dont carry misconceptions that amd cards are wrongly suggested.

if we keep open mindsets then we all may endup with unique configs but not bad configs.

and also cpu is your processor

hehehe... sorry i know that my CPU is my processor. lol

PS: amd drivers SUCK for crossfire. and really nvidia has better drivers and performance in general.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Aashrey: Try googling LOL !..

AMD drivers also good when compared to NVidia's now a days & they perform better.

I will only agree if you use Linux, as AMD linux drivers are not easily available.

OP
Aashrey99

Aashrey99

The Prophet
OK OK, AMD's good, I get it. Hey Jas, where did you find the ASUS P8P67 PRO for 11.5k??
I found it for 12.5.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well Aashrey99, i suggest to stick with jaskanwar's config. Its the best for the price. You can find ASUS P8P67 PRO @ 11.5K IN SMC INTERNATIONAL. Order it online.

Go for antec 1200w TPQ if you have plans to sli a pair of gtx 580's. Its the best and priced around 14.5k. You can get it in BBSR as it has a distributor named ALFATECH here. Else order online.

Try corsair hydro cooler H70. Its more clean and effective imo. Noctua one mentioned by jas is also good.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@op
most of those cfx probs are things of dinosaurs time. amd crossfire is too impresive now. scaling is sometimes 2x the peformance of single card.

most of prices we mention fluctuate. :-D

cpu cooler is at itwares afaik.

try a corsair ax1200. antec is very noisy. leave ssd thus for now.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

batman h70 is greater than 4k. there the nh-d14 comes close and....
:-D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I would have recommended corsair ax1200 as well. Its gold certified as opposed to silver of antec. But its 4-5k more and the antec tpq oozes value at its price. It easily handled 4 gtx 480's but so can a corsair ax 1200.

Is the nh-d14 better than h70?

OP
Aashrey99

Aashrey99

The Prophet
@jas: the ASUS P8P67 PRO is 12.8k at SMC. ASUS P8P67 is 11k. I just checked it. :D

PS: whats the advantage of having SSD?

Top Bottom