Codemaster's game FUEL makes a world record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Guinness World Records presented Codemasters and Asobo Studio with a certificate that officially documents:
“Largest playable area in a console game: The largest playable environment in a console game is 5,560 sq mi (14,400 km²), and is featured in FUEL (Codemasters, 2009). The area features rivers, deserts, forests and mountains and was demonstrated at the offices of Guinness World Records, London, UK, on 20 May 2009.”

Some sources which mention this :-
*community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355419
*maycontaingamers.blogspot.com/2009/05/fuel-is-named-biggest-console-game-of.html
*www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/05/22/fuel-has-largest-playable-environment-in-a-console-game-ever/
*www.gamersdailynews.com/story-11479-FUEL-is-Officially-the-Largest-Console-Game.html

The game is coming to PS3, X360 followed by PC (PC will be out on 29th June).

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I think this is the 1st game that will require 2GB memory( now finally GTS 250 2GB versions will have a meaning).

*www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/fuel2009/index.html

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^29th June buddy.

Any racing game from Codemasters = Awesome. I mean, come on, who didnt like DiRT and GRID ?

tkin

Back to school!!
I think this is the 1st game that will require 2GB memory( now finally GTS 250 2GB versions will have a meaning).

*www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/fuel2009/index.html
Probably not, its a console game, consoles have a very small(although fast) memory, the main reason crytek said porting crysis to consoles is impossible. I have seen gameplay graphics, they are not that good, like any other racing game(not even close to Burnout paradise), it will definitly need large amount of RAM but graphics looks like anything a 9600GT can handle properly.

A graphics card only renders the scene that comes in view, at a time you can see a fairly small amount of region(not the complete field), instead they are loaded in memory, when it just comes in view, they are processed by GPU and CPU and shown in the screen. Rendered frames and materials are not stored in GPU for a long time, thats why GPUs need fast memory but not a large amount of it.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
Well, GRID is pretty good simmy-arcadey fun but let's see what they do with FUEL.

Need for Speed : Shift is going to be pretty exciting (at least for me it is). Some of the folks from Richard Burns Rally and GTR2 are working on it and it's supposedly one of the best sims ever made (Yes! a sim!). I'll believe it when I see it.:!:

Till then, it's Live for Speed (www.liveforspeed.net) for me :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, GRID is pretty good simmy-arcadey fun but let's see what they do with FUEL.

Need for Speed : Shift is going to be pretty exciting (at least for me it is). Some of the folks from Richard Burns Rally and GTR2 are working on it and it's supposedly one of the best sims ever made (Yes! a sim!). I'll believe it when I see it.:!:

Till then, it's Live for Speed (www.liveforspeed.net) for me :p
NFS Shift is aiming to be the next GRID, I hate this, I want illegal street race, police chases, drifts that don't suck, drags and mostly canyons. I want nitros, street cars to crash into, obstacles, shortcuts............
mostly I want non glitchy graphics, like Burnout Paradise.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
FUEL is supposed to be the most anticipated racing game of this year.

But the best racing game I ever played is NFS Most Wanted. It's just perfect in almost every aspect.

Last edited:
OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yes, for me, FUEL is one of the most awaited. For me, the best racing game is DiRT followed by GRID and then Burnout Revenge. NFS dosent make an appearance in my list.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes, for me, FUEL is one of the most awaited. For me, the best racing game is DiRT followed by GRID and then Burnout Revenge. NFS dosent make an appearance in my list.
Not even NFS MW? That's a bit weird, again, most people have different tastes, I for one still play MW on weekly basis.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
i liked MW too much, but now Burnout Paradise showed new meaning to race, and its graphics seems perfect for me. No un-necessary crappy effects, like in NFS series, and drifting is lot more fun.And realistic damage modelling that has never been seen in any games till now[GRID: exception and GTA4 comes close].

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Burnout Paradise has the most breathtaking gfx ( as of now ). The speed of vehicle is also great & you get much more climate effects than any NFS series.
But the story behind NFS MW was just so great ( personal opinion ) & on the contrary undercover was an disappointment.

BTW, does ne1 know if FUEL has some cop chasing & illegal street racing like nfs mw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom