Choosing android or windows phone in 15K range

bubusam13

Human
Hi, guys, I have to open this new thread because I am totally confused which phone to buy. So help me choosing one.

My necessities:
1> Crisper display
2> Good talk time, network reception as my calls are of utmost importance
3> Should last atleast 2 years.

Which models I am interested in:
1> No HTC (my gf and bro say no to HTC :( )
2> Xperia Neo V (It felt quite heavy, I read about heating issues, and I heard a lot that Sony's battery doesnot last long)
3>Xperia Ray (I actually liked it, its slim, crisp display but display is small and narrow on the bad side. And again I don't trust Sony battery. And one of my friends sony got bricked out of no reason)
4> SE LWW (nice phone but display :( )
5> Moto Defy+
6> Dell Venue
7> Samsung Omnia (But the shopkeeper told me I cannot use Bluetooth for file transfer)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
If WP is your Choice.
Prefer this
Samsung Omnia W I8350: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com Recommended

over this
Nokia Lumia 710: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

PS.WP 7.5 has currently has some major issues like no BT Transfer and several others.
If you can live with(or without it) those features and want an elegant looking Interface with easy to use System then you should not face any major issue with a WP Phone.

If Android is your choice.
Motorloa Defy + is around 16k or so.
So instead of Defy+ Consider SE Neo V

Else.
Xperia Mini Pro.(QWERTY Hardware Keyboard but small screen)/Live With Walkman

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest you to go for android over windows, it will give you a lot of customization options with a lot of apps and games which windows phone lacks and there are a lot of other things also which will bother you in windows phone, you will get it bored from it after some time so go for android.
I don't why your gf and bro are against HTC, it has the best phones.Anyways it your decision.So the best option you are left with is Neo V

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Okay, NeoV. Aniwz, today I visited Dell store and the Dell Venue looks WoW!! How is the website Saholic. Its prices are low.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Windows Phones are much better than Android (if you sacrifice in term of Bluetooth)
Go for Samsung Omnia W i8350

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^Worse than the bulk is the build quality with flimsy flaps on top. But its not like there are many other options. Despite these shortcomings, Neo V is still amongst the better options in its range.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
your bro & gf are against HTC cause they never heard about it? cause they think HTC is another emerging Chinese company? Desire S is the best deal at that budget. build quality is better than Neo V. Though with Neo V you'll have service at your doorstep. And about heating issue or battery, 90% Android mobiles have these. you can't do much about it. If its android, it'll have issue.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
They don't like HTC because they are SE fans.

Aniwz, how is Xperia Pro? Does it have any lagging issues?

And can we port Sony's Timescape UI on other mobiles ?

Top Bottom