Choosing a hathway plan, your views on it.

flyingcow

Shibe
I am tired of my BSNL 900rs plan, promised to give 4mbps "superspeed" , but only gives 1.7 mbps. After 8 gb gives 256kbps. I told them to put me on a 4mbps capable port, but they wouldnt. So I have decided to choose hathway plan - Zip 5 max, 5mbps upto 25 gb and post 256 kbps, price- 1200. I wanted to know about their service ans customer care, is it better than BSNL?? or I am degrading from bsnl? If you have any previous experiences with hathway please share them

Hrishi

Are you a heavy downloader ??? Cause honestly FUP is a PITA for them. Whereas Latency and Online Gaming experience is opposite to that.:)
And where do you live ??[ City , to be precise.]

[And don't punch me in the face for it.] :p

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
I live in Aurangabad Maharashtra.

Yes I am a heavy-medium downloader, i.e. Youtube, torrents (movies/games) , and Gaming these are the top priority.

Cause honestly FUP is a PITA for them. Whereas Latency and Online Gaming experience is opposite to that.:)

I dont get what you mean? what is PITA? you are saying pings are bad or good?

Thank you.

Yes I am a heavy-medium downloader, i.e. Youtube, torrents (movies/games) , and Gaming these are the top priority.

Thank you.

PITA: Pain in the A$$
He meant that if u are heavy downloader then u will cross FUP in no time and u have to survive entire month with 256kbps speed

Hrishi

Thank you.

Well , if you are a heavy downloader then your FUP limit will expire within the first week of month or so. Then when the speed will come down to 256Kbps , how do you think you will get good gaming experience online ??

I am just asking this because I don't get how 25GB FUP+256Kbps suits a Heavy download + Superior gaming experience.

PITA: Pain in the A$$
He meant that if u are heavy downloader then u will cross FUP in no time and u have to survive entire month with 256kbps speed

This.

^^ you say Hathway Latency is excellent?

Nayyyy..!!! Neither I am saying that their latency is bad.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
I ususally download 15 gig.

Wont the rest 10gb be sufficinet for gaming and 360p youtube?

Or shoul I get 2mbps unlimited?

Hrishi

I ususally download 15 gig.

Wont the rest 10gb be sufficinet for gaming and 360p youtube?

Or shoul I get 2mbps unlimited?
Well that depends how much you-tubing are you going to do . :p , though 10 GB should be sufficient for gaming , unless you stay hooked to the PC every now and then.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
will the 10gb for gaming AND youtube be stuff??(youtube only 360p)
Cant really say about youtube vids, but around 1hr of videos

Hathway is the worst
I have used that shitty broadband...128 kbps unlimited around 5 year back
My experience
Speed sucks
Customer care sucks
Never get even the speed they promise.
Now using mtnl broadband and its awesome a little bit of problems though but speed is awesome

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Hathway is the worst
I have used that shitty broadband...128 kbps unlimited around 5 year back
My experience
Speed sucks
Customer care sucks
Never get even the speed they promise.
Now using mtnl broadband and its awesome a little bit of problems though but speed is awesome

That is bound to happen with 128 kbps! -.-

@flyingcow. Bro, call the number I PMed you. And, there is a purely UNLIMITED plan by Hathway (No FUP). 1 mbps for 2500 per month and 2 mbps for 4500 per month. :p

shreymittal

Being Human
there is a purely UNLIMITED plan by Hathway (No FUP). 1 mbps for 2500 per month and 2 mbps for 4500 per month. :p

Dude Hathway is S.HIT have used this f****** isp and guess wht this thing runs like a snail was having 512kbps never ever got more than 256kbps and out of 24hrs this internet con. has never been up more than 15hrs a day and about CC bsnl's CC is far better than hathway now about plans i m getting 8mbps till 160gb @ 2300/month far better than its 1MBPS UL. Its an PITA

d3p

PowerHouse
I am tired of my BSNL 900rs plan, promised to give 4mbps "superspeed" , but only gives 1.7 mbps. After 8 gb gives 256kbps. I told them to put me on a 4mbps capable port, but they wouldnt. So I have decided to choose hathway plan - Zip 5 max, 5mbps upto 25 gb and post 256 kbps, price- 1200. I wanted to know about their service ans customer care, is it better than BSNL?? or I am degrading from bsnl? If you have any previous experiences with hathway please share them

Dude, stay away from Hathway, if you are planning to play games online other than steam. Ping rates are enough to kick you out from every other server.

Top Bottom