Chikka Messenger - Send Free SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
cancer10 said:
In rediffbol, can u send unlimited free sms to any mobile pones?

Does it actually work? I really doubt it ... I presume that i've used it bfore and it absolutely sucks....

OP
C

cancer10

ClubHost.in
The newer version works fine.

BTW, In your last message you said that u can send 27 messages through Chikka...where can I see how many messages I have sent?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok.. im using hutch. My number is 981186XXXX

I tried with 0.

Tell me all the combinations i should try and enter!

Thanks 4 ur help!

Charley

Just Do It
In my comp the chikka software doesnt load on startup nor on clicking the chikka file.. Why is that?It reads the hard drive and then stops.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well its not unlimited. coz yesterday i saw available credits as 46 and 2de its 32. so i guess certain number of sms' are alloted to each account per day. anyway its fine for me. i use it to send national sms as it costs me rs.2 per national sms (hutch karnataka).

nevertheless a great service!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There are limitations, 30 SMS per day to Indian networks. Many other operators are supported with 20 - 30 SMS limit per day. Moreover, you gain credits when you receive a reply from a mobile, which increases the credit limit for the day. So if your credit for the day is over, you can wait for a mobile user to reply to your message so that you’ll regain a credit. Otherwise, you can wait 24 hours from the first time your account was active for the day to receive your daily message credits. However, Credits not used during the day are not carried over to the next day. To check your available credit, from your Chikka Messenger client, click on the Control Panel button and select Options, then click on Show Available Credits. You can have SMS forwarded to your mobile if you are offline and also you alert your friends when you go online in Chikka messenger. I hope they will start MMS as well soon as its already available in Philippines. Chikka's revenue comes from the revenue earned when a mobile user replies to message sent from Chikka Messenger. Yes, there is a 5 message limit per buddy, until they reply back. Thats the only downside, other than that, it works really well !

OP
C

cancer10

ClubHost.in
Vishal Gupta said:
Yes, there is a 5 message limit per buddy, until they reply back. Thats the only downside, other than that, it works really well !

I have a solutions for this :lol:

After you send 5 sms and do not get a reply from your friend, just delete his/her name from the list and then you can send another 5 sms without even getting a reply from them.

Isn't that kewl?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
cancer10 said:
Vishal Gupta said:
Yes, there is a 5 message limit per buddy, until they reply back. Thats the only downside, other than that, it works really well !

I have a solutions for this :lol:

After you send 5 sms and do not get a reply from your friend, just delete his/her name from the list and then you can send another 5 sms without even getting a reply from them.

Isn't that kewl?

does this really work? did u try it?

Charley

Just Do It
Vishal Gupta said:
There are limitations, 30 SMS per day to Indian networks. Many other operators are supported with 20 - 30 SMS limit per day. Moreover, you gain credits when you receive a reply from a mobile, which increases the credit limit for the day. So if your credit for the day is over, you can wait for a mobile user to reply to your message so that you’ll regain a credit. Otherwise, you can wait 24 hours from the first time your account was active for the day to receive your daily message credits. However, Credits not used during the day are not carried over to the next day. To check your available credit, from your Chikka Messenger client, click on the Control Panel button and select Options, then click on Show Available Credits.

How wud one know whether the sms is delivered or not in India or abroad?

You can have SMS forwarded to your mobile if you are offline and also you alert your friends when you go online in Chikka messenger.

How do I set both?

Charley

Just Do It
cancer10 said:
Read the FAQ from their site

:lol: I did do that the same day before even installing the softie and there aint anything mentioned abt the two queries i mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom