CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S MONSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
I got my friend to buy the power monster. I made him assemble a PowerHouse as he wanted a PC he won't upgrade for good 4 yrs. I said OK " 8) how much wud u spend " He said upto 1.5 LAKH :shock: {U ppl don't b amazed he is in merchant navy and gets huge pay}. I said Ok get on the work take out the pen and note down the things I am saying.
I started with :

AMD ATHLON 64 FX-55 (Rs.41000)

ASUS A8N-SLI (Rs.11500)

THERMALTAKE VENUS 12 (Rs. 2000)

Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2600 TV/DVI/DVI 256MB GOLDEN SAMPLE [6800 ULTRA] (Rs.35000)

LITEON 16x DUAL LAYER DVD-WRITER (Rs.5000)

2* WESTERN DIGITAL RAPTOR 740GD 10K RPM SATA I (Rs.10000*2)
[in RAID 0]

KINGSTON HYPERX 1GB PC4400 DUAL CHANNEL KIT (Rs.16000)

ANTEC PERFORMANCE PLUS 1080 AMG (Rs.8500)

This whole setup amounted to Rs. 1,49,000 which after some negotiations with the vendor came to 1,43,000.

he purchased NO MODEM :cry: , NO FDD :cry: . :lol:
He had a Sony Flat 19"monitor and a Creative Inspire 5700 (which was earlier coupled with a P3 600mhz 810e based computer || shame, shame :lol: ). he wud live till 8th september and i 2 after my board and all other exams like aieee, iit jee etc. wud enjoi his pc errr... monster. :wink:
I just played a few stages of DOOM3 at high quality with 4xAA and 8xAF yet the FPS was always above 60. nice naa!!

borg

In the zone
hmmm. great system but I doubt that he won't have to upgrade for 4 years though. There will always be something that will have to upgraded within that timeframe.

wORm

Journeyman
Yeah, what [flAsh]'s friend has bought would probably be standard equipment in 2 years time. Cool system though.

chaos

Broken In
wORm said:
Yeah, what [flAsh]'s friend has bought would probably be standard equipment in 2 years time. Cool system though.
True. SLI-setups having 2 vid cards should be common by that time. One card just can't beat 2.

Harman

Right off the assembly line
I Wanna buy a second-hand PC!! :p

Hey, in case ur pal wants to sell :shock: his monstor, tell him 2 contact me...
I'll buy dat (50% depri.) !! :twisted: :twisted:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
chaos said:
wORm said:
True. SLI-setups having 2 vid cards should be common by that time. One card just can't beat 2.

:shock: :shock: R U NUTS!!! :lol: :lol:
How many ppl do today own a GFX card even as low as FX5200.???
Moreover The setup he has is based on SLI ; so he can plug another 6800Ultra (certainly it shud b of GAINWARD ONLY!!! :wink: ) . Do u think FX series to b common in next 2 yrs??? :shock: :shock: Well I don't think so.
EVEN AFTER ALMOST 1.5 Year of LANUCH OF FX-51 HOW MANY PPL CAN BUY IT???(CERTAINLY NOT ME :lol: ). What about the two raptors (that can eventually b upgraded to 8 drives)???? the more raptor u hav in RAID 0 the more speed u get.

In my words it's a pure BEAST :twisted: :twisted: and nothing else :evil: :evil:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
chaos said:
wORm said:

Moreover The setup he has is based on SLI ; so he can plug another 6800Ultra (certainly it shud b of GAINWARD ONLY!!! :wink: ) . Do u think ATHLON 64 FX-55 to b common in next 2 yrs??? :shock: :shock: Well I don't think so.
EVEN AFTER ALMOST 1.5 Year of LANUCH OF FX-51 HOW MANY PPL CAN BUY IT???(CERTAINLY NOT ME :lol: ). What about the two raptors (that can eventually b upgraded to 8 drives)???? the more raptor u hav in RAID 0 the more speed u get.

In my words it's a pure BEAST :twisted: :twisted: and nothing else :evil: :evil:

fnatic@play

Broken In
Good golly.. miss MOLLY!!!.. thats a KILLER.... hey,.. make him get 2 ultra cards.. hehehehehhehe <evil>

bt don think it'll survive for 4 years...tho.

anwyays...KILLER!!!!
peace

krisjr

In the zone
killer,super killer,assasin man..i can only dream to own it..damn ...keep it under lock and key and do take UPS..isko kissi ki nazar na lage

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
grinning_devil said:
:roll: .. gud config m8!!

but one has to keep satisfied with what we have....
otherwise we'll loooose our sleep on dat!!! :wink:

i'm already loosin mine grinne......btw i dun have words to describe such a config (Psssst is there anything beyond Moster and beast :lol:)......4 yrs is a lot of time and i dun know if it will sustain that much.....but again who needs 4 yrs when u can get the juice right now and plus a few more of ur friends progressing in Merchant navy and will leave u findin for another monster in yet another upgrade after whatever period may that be :lol:

Ok now lets get back to our regular ol Pc Config :cry: :lol:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
[flAsh said:
]
chaos said:
wORm said:

Moreover The setup he has is based on SLI ; so he can plug another 6800Ultra (certainly it shud b of GAINWARD ONLY!!! :wink: ) . Do u think ATHLON 64 FX-55 to b common in next 2 yrs??? :shock: :shock: Well I don't think so.

I wanna bet SLI will be damn Cheap and common in another 1 and half year . Even thats too long a time . Among 12 of my friends here in Nagpur i have the 2 nd lowest configuration Card even at Geforce 6600GT. The lowest is 9600XT Hercules of Sachins.
And Chip Magazine recently carried out the Same Navy merchant story where a friend of the authors ( Marco ) wants a system proofed for another 4 years. And he did get him another monster It was the Main story of Chip Magazine .
Wonder how many Navy merchant Stories are there !!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Well if u hav lots of money to spend, :x {As i told u ppl he is in merchant navy lives on board of a ship 8months and earns a lot} U really get confused what to buy as u can buy anything. I just gave him the specifications, but he was the one to spend money :wink: . So I can neither cheer nor cry b'coz it's not my PC.
so I am happy b'coz with this PC he "ll rememeber me where ever he is :D and this brings a big smile on my face.
I am happy with my new laptop sent by brother who is in Singapore as it has got a 6800Go MXM with 256MB DDR3. My laptop rocks bcoz it is based on Athlon64 FX-53 (mobile version). its my desktop and my gaming console.

One thing i hate that there are few ppl :evil: who instead of appreciating alwez say criticizing words. These ppl can never inspire anyone only criticize!! :evil:

anyways he is enjoing DOOM3 in Ultra mode and I am enjoig ,my studies as exams ahead from 1st march

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
[flAsh said:
]
One thing i hate that there are few ppl :evil: who instead of appreciating alwez say criticizing words. These ppl can never inspire anyone only criticize!! :evil:

Well now mate thats why they are called critcs :lol:

we cant change anyone's opion now can we???? :wink:
views are views and some ppl kinda try to find out every dam possible fault in a thing.....may be its in thier nature or sometin.....let em have thier share of opinions and share their point of views :D

we dun need to be bothered about such things so lets just take it in healty spirits :wink:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
allwyndlima!! u r right!! can u believe sumone to 2 say FX-55 to b common in 2 yrs.!!! that damn costly stuff!!
abyway we can't change these ppl. they criticize b'coz they can't see anyone ahead them, so instead of friendly competition they start useless argument. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom