CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S MONSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
Nice system ... maybe we should run a benchmark comparison with my PC against your friend's ;)

Oh btw, in 4yrs it will become old and obsolete (4-5 years back the Athlon 700 MHz and a Geforce 2 GTS was the fastest thing you could dream for, and now ...) ... which is why IMO it is best to buy a mid-range system, and upgrade later, when even better stuff is available.

supersaiyan

In the zone
watch american idol for high critiscism :wink: :wink: ne ways i think that the config is futureproof and performance. sli will be advancing a lot with gigabyte's 3d1 launched.also the 6800gt will be enough for atleast 2-2.5 years. but u can dish out the useless not required things like a soundcard fancy keyboard and mouse. and yes buy 2*512 mb ram instead of one 1gb ram. will save u few hundred bucks and a few more if u can bargain well. then with the money buy more games. that's wht i did.
BE SMAERT DON'T BE A RETARD. :wink:
KIDDIN

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
supersaiyan said:
watch american idol for high critiscism :wink: :wink: ne ways i think that the config is futureproof and performance. sli will be advancing a lot with gigabyte's 3d1 launched.also the 6800gt will be enough for atleast 2-2.5 years. but u can dish out the useless not required things like a soundcard fancy keyboard and mouse. and yes buy 2*512 mb ram instead of one 1gb ram. will save u few hundred bucks and a few more if u can bargain well. then with the money buy more games. that's wht i did.
BE SMAERT DON'T BE A RETARD. :wink:
KIDDIN

Nice tip, but i can't make him understand!! he loves gadgets. For example take his 1st day mod, He had bought a liquid cooling system from sumwhere in abroad and now has installed it all by himself to overclock his FX-55 to 2.89 GHz and GF 6800 Ultra to 475/1280 Mhz and is determined to push it further ahead.
What he says " I OVERCLOCKED JUST FOR FUN"

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
The liquid cooling system is sumthing called nVENTIV Mach II and according to my friend CPU's temperature after OC was -10C. yes I mean - (ie -ve). same was the case for VPU and its RAMS.
another Nice thing about this system is that alongwith GPU, HDD, CPU, RAM, GFX card's RAM, Norhtbridge, Southbridge ; PSU can also b cooled. NIce naah!! he says it cost him $350. I said U R MAD. and he said U WILL CALL ME MORE MAD WHEN I OC MY BABY TO ANOTHER HIGH EXTENT

aadipa

Padawan
i can only say

when i first bought my PC some 4/5 years ago

P3 650Mhz / 512MB 133MHz / TNT2 32MB was best i could get.

btw i opted for P3 550 / 128MB @ 100MHz / i810
saved few thousands

lasted for good 2.5 years after which WinXP made me to start upgrading.

It is more of what u need presently than what u can get.

indro

In the zone
yup , its a goddie , and anyways AMD drops the current fx lineup whenever they lauch a new Fx ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom