Chassis fan trouble

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
My problem is that my chassis fan keeps spinning @ ~2950 rpm, needless to say it makes noise like a jet engine:-x... Anyone has idea how 2 decrease it?? or do i need 2 replace it(but i dont think so because it worked fine with my old mobo & PSU)??:?::?:

CONFIG:
INTEX 450W PSU
ASUS P5QPL-AM
e7500 @ 2.93GHz
2 GB RAM
MSI N8400gs.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Is the connector of your fan 3-pin or 4-pin? Is it connected to the motherboard or to a spare connector from the PSU? Is it connected the same way it was to your old mobo?

OP
Chaitanya

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
ok it was connected by3 pin connector as it was in old mobo:neutral:

but i could find a nice solution here

How to Create a Three-Speed Fan Control Without Spending a Dime | Hardware Secrets :grin::grin::grin:

OP
Chaitanya

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
ok.... problem solved.............

instead of running fan @ 12v I made it run @ 7v by putting +ve on +12v & -ve on +5v.... it works.... i got it here

How to Create a Three-Speed Fan Control Without Spending a Dime | Hardware Secrets

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
^The possibility of that kind of solution (and some alternatives) is why I asked you about the kind of connector you're using and how you used to connect it, but you didn't reply. I wanted to be able to judge your level of understanding first, otherwise it might have been useless or even risky to suggest that kind of improvisation.

Top Bottom