Changing File Property from System file to Normal

gameranand

Living to Play
I downloaded some files in my college but unfortunately that PC was infected badly so it basically changed all the files properties to System Files and Hidden. As the files are system files so I am unable to unselect the hidden property which is a real pain for now as I have to use the Folder options again and again to access them. How do I change the property back to normal ??

There was a DOS command but I forget so anyone still remembering it please make me remember. Also are there any GUI Third Party software for this then it would be really good because the file names are weird and long and it would be a pain to write full names in DOS. :)

You know what nvm. I got it.
here is the solution and software if somebody needs it in future. Really handy tools for anyone and the best part is that its completely free.
Attribute Changer

ratul

█████████████████
go to the location where the files are in DOS and type:

Code:
attrib *.*  -s -h /s /d

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
Nothing better and efficient way than above command. I'm telling you, I literally saved lives of many people by that command :p

haha, me too, my college pc has these nasty viruses, which hides everything and makes shortcuts for every folder, everybody comes to me running when their device is infected.. :p

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Nothing better and efficient way than above command. I'm telling you, I literally saved lives of many people by that command :p

haha, me too, my college pc has these nasty viruses, which hides everything and makes shortcuts for every folder, everybody comes to me running when their device is infected.. :p

Try using Attribute Changer and you'll see. I also made some files normal with that command but sometimes it becomes pain when file names are large or say that there are lot of files at different locations.
Attribute Changer basically adds a option in Right Click menu to change the Attributes. :)

ratul

█████████████████
Try using Attribute Changer and you'll see. I also made some files normal with that command but sometimes it becomes pain when file names are large or say that there are lot of files at different locations.
Attribute Changer basically adds a option in Right Click menu to change the Attributes. :)

you don't need to type in the names bro, the *.* part in the command automatically changes all the files and directories (/d) to their normal attributes in the current working directory of cmd...
btw, i don't need the attribute changer, already use DOpus instead of Windows Explorer, which gives more advanced options :p :
*i.imgur.com/aESh2aT.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Seems like you aren't used to CLI. Anyways, you not at all need to type full file name, just hit first few letters (any count), and hit tab; you'll see the magic. For all files, follow the *.* method as already said.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Seems like you aren't used to CLI. Anyways, you not at all need to type full file name, just hit first few letters (any count), and hit tab; you'll see the magic. For all files, follow the *.* method as already said.

Yes I know what *.* means but my problem was that I scattered the files to their designated locations and there were a lot of them so putting them together was pain for me and there were many folders where different files have different properties so *.* was not much of use for me. Thats why I preferred a Third party Software for it. Attribute Changer worked.
As ratul said I guess Dopus will also work like because it have basically the same options as AC has. :)

Top Bottom