CD Writer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I have a Samsung CD Writer. It keeps ejecting on its own all the time and it also causes errors even when written at slow speeds. HElp :cry:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Samsung! HUH! Tray alignment problems. Every body faces this at times, either get a geek friend to help you fix the tray or give it to Samsung to get the tray and the lens (?) problems fixed. Better yet, if its old and you can afford it, dump it and go for a newer drive thats not Samsung.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Tray problems are now a day-to-day activity for Samsung drives.....they just wont let u take control over them i guess and instead keep on ejecting and closing at thier own will :lol:

Just Service it with the Samsung Dealer or try for a new one and dun make that Samsung.....Either make it Sony Or Pioneer :wink:

Btw the Errors need not necessarily be the Drives problem but may be caused by some Read errors from the Hard Disk too :(

godsownman

Padawan
Sometimes Samsung rectifies the problem permanently but sometimes its your bad luck .

So dont experiment with your luck trash the piece and go in for a better company as all allwyndlima said sony or pioneer.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
well, well, well,
another day, another samsung tray problem...
today u'll get it repaired tomorrow it will be messed up again. i recommend, dont invest anything on your drive, and get a non samsung drive as soon as possible.

@mods/admins make a sticky for samsung tray problems:p

krishnathelord

In the zone
man if u cant throw away the samsung drive pls call me i would love to throw it using my hands

they are so supposed to be of the worst quality one can hear off.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- what is the error msg while burning at slow speeds ?
- if u have 2k or xp ,please post the event viewer error here
- do u have dma enabled in device manager ?
- check if u have 40 or 80 conductor cable for the drive . if its 80 , switch to 40 conductor cable and disable UDMA (but enable dma) in ur bios , if these settings are available .
- reinstall nero or ur burning s/w
- is ur writer attached to same ide controller as ur hdd or seperate , please give the details on the connection

Siddhant

Right off the assembly line
hey samsung drives are all like this. they all after
some time play this shit game. in my opinion just
get it replaced by a dvd writer.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
When I see someone post about a problem with a piece of hardware and someone else casually tells him to throw it out and get a replacement, I usually react with a frown. After all, the OP invested an appreciable amount of money in the hardware and telling him to junk it seems callous.

BUT in the case of Samsung CD drives, it's really the only sensible advice. Several years ago, I bought a Samsung CD-ROM drive that developed a tray problem within 3 months, and I've seen numerous others with the same problem. I told myself never again. I even sent a suggestion to Samsung about ways to solve the problem.

CD writers are relatively cheap now compared to what they cost a few years ago. If you can afford it, treat yourself to a Liteon or Sony writer.

As a stop-gap solution, if you have some mechanical skill, remove the small rubber belt that pulls the tray in and out. Go to an electronics parts shop and buy a belt that's slightly smaller. It will cost only a buck or two. That will probably cure the problem temporarily, but only for several months at the most.

technoteen

Journeyman
hey i guys i dont agree with you, i am using samsung drives from last six years, i have shifted from cd r, to cd rw, to dvd r and all the drives working with no problems at all. also samsung has the best read error correction capabilites

Kannan

In the zone
For my friend Samsung Cd-RW and CD-ROM didn't gave any problem till this date and has been working for around 3 yrs.

And dont worry Samsung Service are prompt and fast !!

Tray alignment generally starts when user pushes the tray instead of pressing the eject button to close.

sms_solver

In the zone
just shake the tray for a while.

As I've said earlier, never keep the tray empty! Do keep any CD (damaged will do).

This will solve the problem. I do have Samsung CDRW which is giving me same kind of problems

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@sms_solver: Keeping the tray occupied solves the random ejecting problem? I thought you said it solved the "tray does not eject" problem? In any case, do let me know as I've got a CDRW thats extremely insistent on ejecting every time you insert a CD.

detj2004

Broken In
I've been using Samsung CDRW 4 bout 11 months, but no probs as such. It works fine. Ya, well sometimes I get "Power Calibration error" but dat too doesn't cause n e damage 2 the media.
Another point is always use the button provided for ejecting/inserting the disks & never use the emergency exit unless there's a severe problem

I think Samsung Rulez...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom