Canon SX 130 IS vs Sony DSC - H55

karthik.13

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I cant decide between SX 130 and H-55. Both are almost around the same price and with same features. SX 130 uses AA batteries which is my main concern. I'm not a pro wit cams. l just need cam for family occasions, group pics wit friends. Also i need good flash for taking pics at night. Bulkiness is not an issue for me. cam sometimes used by my parents also so i need a good both auto and manual controls.

Some ppl said canon has AA battery issues. I wanna know AA battery or Li-ion battery is good for digi-cams.

sujoyp

Grand Master
looks I would suggest you H55 just coz its hasselfree for u...u can carry it everywhere...your parent can easily take pics...photography is not your hobby then I would go with H55

Doono abt others but I had an olympus digicam with AA cells...and it took me 12-14 hours to charge it...soo had to purchase an extra pair of cells...not happy with AA cells:-?

OP
K

karthik.13

Ty for the reply. :)

Yes, photography is not my hobby, i just need cam for family and friends pics.

I'll be shooting some pics at night times too so clarity at night is important.

Also I wanna know how many shots can AA battery provide vs Li-ion battery.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Night time photography with a point and shoot digicam is absolutely useless...very difficult to get a clear pic..

U can get Sony WX1 for night photos...it have Sony G lens with f/2.4-5.6

viveksingh87

Hi,

I was planing to purchase a camera I gone through 3 camera.

Canon Sx130
Sony H55
Nikon L120

For canon i found that battery backup is not good otherwise it will be a good option as compare to sony. in picture quality. Price for both have no difference..

and nikon one is little expensive as compare to both and also its little bulky...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi,

I was planing to purchase a camera I gone through 3 camera.

Canon Sx130
Sony H55
Nikon L120

For canon i found that battery backup is not good otherwise it will be a good option as compare to sony. in picture quality. Price for both have no difference..

and nikon one is little expensive as compare to both and also its little bulky...

Check Nikon S9100 instead. much better than L120 I think.

viveksingh87

Hi
Thanks for suggesting Nikon S9100 and i saw it. Its really good but .. my budget is about 15000.

I m more concern about canon Sx130 performance. with alkaline and NIHm battery.

Sony is good but i saw canon and nikon are specially for camera manufacturing. so thinking about nikon L120 because that comes in my budget.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hi
Sony is good but i saw canon and nikon are specially for camera manufacturing. so thinking about nikon L120 because that comes in my budget.

Dont go by that logic...Nikon is poor in P&S department then sony and canon..

BTW canon have printers, scanners, and lot more devices...its not an only camera manufacturer like nikon.

SX130 IS have a very good performance but the only 2 bad things are its pencil cells and bulky...remaining all positive

aroraanant

Explorer
@karthik- go fot H70,its better than H55 and it just costs 1k more tan H55.Also gave a look to nikon S8100 and also S9100 if it is in ur budget.

@viveksingh- L120 is a great cam, n if u wish to buy a compact camera and S9100 is out of ur budget then u can also try S8100

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi, Instead of starting a new thread I believe its a good to ask my query here itself.
while searching for the above said cameras of Nikon I came acroos this camera:
Nikon India Private Limited
Though my budget is around 15k but still I'll manage to spend this much as its one time investment for along time for me .
Its got 36X zoom with full HD recording and stylish as well.
Please give your reviews... Its stunning ..

Sounava

In the zone
Hi, Instead of starting a new thread I believe its a good to ask my query here itself.
while searching for the above said cameras of Nikon I came acroos this camera:
Nikon India Private Limited
Though my budget is around 15k but still I'll manage to spend this much as its one time investment for along time for me .
Its got 36X zoom with full HD recording and stylish as well.
Please give your reviews... Its stunning ..

Don't buy the P500. If you can spend that much see if you can get the Panasonic FZ40 (also called the FZ45,same camera).

Top Bottom