Can partition magic 8 be used with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
I have also tried PM8 on Vista Ultimate on one of my friends system..I think PM8 doesn't work in Vista.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
O i dint know you could do that...ill check it out...wer do i find it?

COntrol Panel->Administrator Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management System

And better than that, go to *gparted.sourceforge.net
Download the liveCD and boot from it.

By the way, in case you wondered, GParted is FREE and OPEN SOURCE.

OP
jasku

jasku

In the zone
COntrol Panel->Administrator Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management System

And better than that, go to *gparted.sourceforge.net
Download the liveCD and boot from it.

By the way, in case you wondered, GParted is FREE and OPEN SOURCE.

Thanks dude!

ksvprasad

Broken In
Hi guys, I dont know if you are still after this solution. However, I would like to include it for anyone who is searching for a solution. You dont really need Partition Magic or any other disk partitioning tool in Vista as this can be done in the Operating System itself. There is no use installing a lot of software unless you really have the need for it.

Vista has an in-built Shrink and Merge tools which can be used to partition or combine partitions. Go through the following steps and you will see how easy it is...

*systemsonline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=120&Itemid=49

Hope this helps any of you who would like to partition their disks in Vista.

narangz

Web developer
Hi guys, I dont know if you are still after this solution. However, I would like to include it for anyone who is searching for a solution. You dont really need Partition Magic or any other disk partitioning tool in Vista as this can be done in the Operating System itself. There is no use installing a lot of software unless you really have the need for it.

Vista has an in-built Shrink and Merge tools which can be used to partition or combine partitions. Go through the following steps and you will see how easy it is...

*systemsonline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=120&Itemid=49

Hope this helps any of you who would like to partition their disks in Vista.

Yes, Prasad is right. You can view the link he's given or check this with images:

*techiesrealm.com/blog/2008/04/partitioning-your-hard-drive-in-windows-vista/

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
you guys, why do you need partition magic if vista has inbuilt facility to shrink & expand feature.

it works great for expanding capacity of your drive or reallocate them itself.

to use this feature:
rt click on computer-click manage-click on disk management
& rt click on partition which u wanna shrink or expand..thats it. [most of guys herein digit knows well abt this feature]:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom