Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I just upgraded to a new Workstation with the following configuration

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
2X1 GB Kingston ValueRAM KVR667D2N5/1G DDR2 667 RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 with 256 MB DDR3 RAM

I m out of the touch from games for quite some time, have been busy in work & studies. Now, I m not that of an avid gamer on PC but still I would like to play some lite & timepass games, which games can I play easily on this config? I play games at resolution of 1024X768, 4X AA & 4X Anis, nothing more. Right now I have in mind

1) NFS MW - A good time pass game

2) Is burnout available on PC? I really love this stress buster game on XBOX :D

3) Some FPS like Quake 4, Doom 3, Half life 2 series etc.

4) Will Crysis run?

I am more into FPS & Survival Horror games, plz recommend me some games which will run fine on my config.

I am also thinking of ordering a XBOX 360 Wired Gamepad for use with Windows Vista, will that be a good idea? It helps in car racing, survival horror & Third person shooter games but not FPS.

1.NFS MW-without any hassles:D.on highest settings and res.
2.Yea it is.
3.You should try GUN(gr8 adventure game),silent hill 2(the best in the series).resident evil 4.indigo prophecy aka farhenheit etc etc(google is always there)
4.crysis will run fine giving 30-35 FPS on 1024*768,0XAA,Med to high settings on XP.If u plan to use it on vista then play on med settings.
Happy gaming.
DO TRY GUN,the best adventure game i have played till date

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, now I need to clear something about the XBOX 360 Controller before I order it.

I have a total of $38 left in my MS Company Store. The wired controller is available for $25 while black colored Wireless controller is available for $30. Black colored one is more sexy in looks but I will need a wireless receiver for controller of $10 for using it with Windows Vista.

Now, I cannot buy the wireless receiver from Company store due to shortage of money, so I want to ask one thing, Does it comes with a USB cable? If it does then I will buy the wireless controller & use it with my computer after connecting with the USB cable supplied & will not use the Wireless feature at all.

Will it still require battery even when connected to computer via USB cable? (ideally it should not need battery if connected via the USB cable)

Black Wireless controller.
*img401.imageshack.us/img401/5963/blackwirelesscontrollerct1.jpg

Normal Wired controller

*img205.imageshack.us/img205/8913/wiredcontrollerqy1.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yup GUN is one of the best adventure game, horse riding was awesome, u can feel the realism in the way horses animate. Its cowboy ishtyle game, so don't expect doom 3 type gameplay

Indigo Prophecy is yet another innovative game, a must play.

SH 2 is a bit slow but the best psychological survival horror game with a great storyline and amazing music + ambiance. Not all will like it, and my intuition tells u wont like this game as it involves brainstorming session of puzzles and some figurative interpretation.

Instead play Condemned :Criminal Origins, all melee combat psychological survival horror game, its difficult and scary since u have to go near the enemies and hit them with shovel, pland, pipe, paper cutter, axe, hammer etc, enemy animation is superb.

Prey is another recommendation, its a beautiful game with nice environment and innovative gameplay, It has got good storyline.

If u like post apocalyptic, open world, realistic ballistic and totally random experience each time u visit a particular are again, then go nowhere get S.T.A.L.K.E.R Its one of the best game i hav played and never get bored, even today i play this game. It has got 7 endings and the most atmospheric setting, u will be scared in some levels and u will make some friends in the game.

Mafia - an old but precious one, must play if u liked The Godfather movie.

PS: Btw you were a gamer by any chance ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's totally out of the league.I think gx_saurav was referring to the EA's Burnout series which is a console only game till now.;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
PS: Btw you were a gamer by any chance ?

Millions of year ago, when PS was launched in India, I became a gamer.....then switched to PCs from Mac for Quake 3 arena, then some games....but then stopped playing games & came into 3d animation & architectural modeling...

I am still not a gamer, just for some time pass.

Will Unreal Tournament 3 run?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, I have got my hands on the following games. I am installing them right now but not running as I have to return the DVDs

1) UT 3

2) NFS MW

3) Crysis

Also, I have ordered the XBOX 360 Wired gaming controller.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^dude, you could have just added 2$ more and gone wireless...

I cannot add money to it, now why the hell I ordered the tumbler.:(

Wired is better, it has a 9 feet cable which is quite bit long. Wireless drains battery very quickly wile wired gets electricity from the USB port.

@Gx there is not game that wont run on ur pc except those incompatible with vista.All games will run at highest settings and crysis and GOW @ med-high:D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Cool then, I can't wait to play my favorite Doom 3 & Quake 4 again alongwith HL2 series,..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Cool then, I can't wait to play my favorite Doom 3 & Quake 4 again alongwith HL2 series,..
Doom 3(Quake 4 and Prey share the same engine with some modifications) runs even on 845 integrated core.

Yours is certainly better, u can play most ofthe games released till now.

Doom 3(Quake 4 and Prey share the same engine with some modifications) runs even on 845 integrated core.

what do u mean by most??
His rig can play each n every title in the market:D

what do u mean by most??
His rig can play each n every title available:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom