Can I play games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I m gonna blast MS company store, I ordered the wired controller few days back but today I recieved the wireless controller.....grr....that too white, couldn't they just send the black one. :D

Now how do I use it in a PC? I can order the wireless reciever kit for PC from company store though as now I have money, I just need $3 more which now I have, but I want to use the wired version. Is there some cable for XBOX 360 remote which I can use to connect the wireless connector to my workstation via USB?

*img212.imageshack.us/img212/9623/dsc00821zl8.jpg

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
:D I don't know, I ordered Wired, they send me wireless for same price of $25.

I inquired a bit, seems like to use wireless controller in Windows I need the XBOX 360 wireless receiver kit cos data is transfered through wireless receiver only.

There is XBOX 360 play & charge kit, which connects the controller through USB to your computer & u play while the batteries are charging. The data is not transfered from the USB port but through the wireless receiver even in this case.

I find it better to order the wireless receiver kit from company store, & buy rechargeable batteries from the market for Rs 400 including the charger.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Eureka..I got crysis, just installed it & played for 2 mins, gr8 graphics but frames are skipping in my computer. I guess it's the same loading thing. Once the contents are loaded there is no skips anywhere in game. Crysis is beautiful & I am playing at every thing medium 1024X768 2x AA & automatic Anis.

I looked at the method by which crysis engine is made. It's a beauty as far as game developing is concerned, but bad thing is that the engine is still preety much RAW & needs severe optimisation, there are many areas where it can be optimised.

Not everything needs to be at high or medium, like shadows can be set to low...who pays attention to that & some other tweaks to enhance the quality.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
@gx_saurav : Instead of running on medium u can run Crysis on HIGH settings.
Just disable Anti-Aliasing and u can run it on all set to high.
Also download patch 1.2 :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ Ok, I will check this.

I installed the Natural Mod 1.2 extension to crysis, the visuals are better now/

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Today I got lost Planet, & in few days I will get gears of war. I am running lost planet at my settings in directX 9 mode to get 45 frames. In directX 10 mode it is giving only 20 frames.

The problem is solved when I disable anti-allising.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
"Secret Santa" gave me all the games. :D

The condition of XBOX 360 ports to Vista is very bad, Lost planet sux with keyboard & mouse, damn....I really need the XBOX 360 wireless reciever now :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^You gotta be kidding me.I actually completed the game with mouse+keyboard & it was easy as any other 360 port which I played like Gears Of War.Infact this was one of the few ports of 360 which had lesser buggy issues & also looked beautiful on the PC.;)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^considering the subject's long perpetual isolation from PC gaming, we can conclude that its quite downcasting to look at him playin game using mouse and keyboard...lol :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
he he...kind of, but I still used to play NFS Most wanted.

Will Stalker run? What kind of game is it?

I like story driven games, & UT 3 esqe games for frustration removal & timepass

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^If you like storyline driven games then definetly go for Bioshock,eyes closed.One of the best storyline based game of 2007.Also it has one of the best water effect so far.UE 3 engine baby.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
he he...kind of, but I still used to play NFS Most wanted.

Will Stalker run? What kind of game is it?

I like story driven games, & UT 3 esqe games for frustration removal & timepass
Stalker is a free roam kinda game, and A Life (the AI) is quite intelligent, everyone there survives like you, they eat, drink, sleep, kill you, switch weapons according to the opponent, loot the dead one, flank upon you, while mutant animals will be quite powerful, a pack of dogs will hunt u like pig and if u manage to kill all but one, the left one will run away for his life.

Bloodsuckers are the most powerful mutant, it will go invisible once it sees an enemy. And then you better rely on your eyesight and sound direction.

Controller is the only enemy that can control your brain, its freaky encountering them, but they are sissy at close combat.

Poltergeists can levitate objects and throw upon u without coming into direct sight of u.

Pyro monster can create fire breeze from any point in the space, and it is too invisible, just a brief spark is visible to identify it.

Snork are some human turned beasts, they will rip u apart so better watchout their leaps.

Zombies are intelligent here, they can reload guns, though u can swipe them out with one stab, but do it stealthly.

You get amazing suit while exploring the area, and some artifacts can give u amazing powers, like protection from radiation, more endurance, bulletproof cap, fire proof, electro discharge proof.

One more thing as it is RPG + FPS so the initial weapons are quite lame, though you can wait and expect some massacre b/w bandits and military, then just loot the dead ones to get some powerful weapon.Its more about how ur tactics are, u cant just blast anything, wait for right opportunity and then decide if u can really clear the obstacle or just sneak by. The bullet ballistic is realistic, so dont expect every bullet to hit right on the target where u pointed the reticle, but there are some modified weapons that u will find later on, which are more accurate and deadly as hell.

Man there are hell lot of options in Stalker, even if u play for a month u wont get bored.

There are 7 endings - 5 false and 2 true endings.

Stalker is more atmospheric than any game i hav ever played (except Silent hill 2). It has creepy feeling for some levels.

Yes the game will run on ur PC. I hope now you can decide if u really into this game

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nice game it seems....

Right now I have Unreal Tournament 3 & I m at level 3. I have Crysis & Lost planet in DVDs but not installed yet as I play one game at a time, it's less confusing this way. I will borrow STALKER from a friend & right now in few days I will get Gears of War from Secret Santa.

That's enough, UT 3, Crysis, Lost Planet & STALKER, let me finish these games first...then I will jump further :D

bkpeerless

In the zone
will xbox 360 controller work on pc without any problem ??
what is the cost in rs in india or there r special controller made for pc by mssoft

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The XBOX 360 wired controller is what you should buy from the market, It will work flawlessly in PC.

chicha

High without substance...
i tried my friends 360 wired controller on my pc, all i had to do was download some drivers and play, it played properly.

and PREY is not that good a game, it will give you a very bad head ache after 20 min of playing, the game looks nice but you will to some extent feel that you are playing HL.

i would not recomand this game.
call of juraz is also a nice game looks nice, its an action advanture game, you get to ride horses too :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i got STALKER today, nice game. I m playing at everything high with 1024X768 @4X AA & 4X Anis.

Will get gears of war tomorrow. That's it...any more games after playing all these only.

utsav

damn busy...
@ gx ,so much gaming :shock: .tere ko kaam dhanda nehi hai kya. bahar nikal aur gfs ke saath ghoom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom