Can Broadband be shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
hey i do have adsl linked. My telephone bandwidth is increased for 256Kbps speed already....i have bb connection ....its still continuing, but my plan is limited & doesnt have free net @ night.
One of my friend told that he had brought some1 others ADSL router & connected with his telephone line, even without having ADSL link with Bsnl, he was able to run net with all that tweaks...

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
i dunno details....he did dats 4 sure and he telling dat i too can have d same thong done, so somehow i can use his router to run his bb......during night...

aadipa

Padawan
Well if you have ADSL activated, then try your luck. You don't even need other router. Just give correct username/password in the router or dialer whatever you use, though I suspect the username is bound to perticular phone number.

dabster

In the zone
yeah, I know that it won't work if u take somebody's modem..And not possible for this guy's case (7km and all...)
Although I wanted to know that It can be shared with PC's on LAN or not....
I have found other thread by paragkalra which says that it can be done....

So guys get that, even though the BSNL guys may say that it can be used on single comp (1 computer only) and can't be shared, You may share the Broadband over your LAN...
Well if you have ADSL activated, then try your luck. You don't even need other router. Just give correct username/password in the router or dialer whatever you use, though I suspect the username is bound to perticular phone number.

No dude it is not...

Last edited:

vrnoormd

Broken In
You can use your friend's BB in your home at the codition of Telephone exchange is u and ur friends are same, and you can get any startup plan of BSNL BB and activate the ADSL link in your telephone line. After wards u can use ur friends username and password and connect the BB.

I have tried it. Its really working at mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom