Can Broadband be shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey friends,
My friend is having BSNL broadband. He has paid in advance for 1 year & now he is not going to use it as he is going to college.

His plan is 256Kbps/1GB limited. Can i some how use this BSNL connection on my pc without going to his home.?????

Third Eye

gooby pls
My neighbourhood asked me to share my unlimited broadband but i told him broadband can't be shared.you must have adsl router.

satyamy

Alive Again...
ya broadband can be shared
i too have tried this
the only thing is u need some connection
i mean u both must live in same area & have a lan connection

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
well dataone can be like just bring a lan card & connect a lan wire to his comp and do some ICS

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
Hi friends,
I live far away(7kms) from his home. so i cant connect it thru lan.
But can i buy a new adsl router & can connect with my current telephone line....? or is it necessary to use only his router?

aadipa

Padawan
Since user name/pasword for dataone are bound to telephone number, you cannt access his a/c from your landline. Even if your exchange has not yet activated username - phone nio binding, you will still need ADSL activated on your phone line to use it. And only way to get ADSL activated is to get a dataone connection yourself.

Other option is to have your friends landline phone shifted to your place, the dataone connection also get shifted with it, it costs Rs 600 only. But this may not be possible if there are other users of same landline phone number.

So pactically there is no solution to it.

mediator

Technomancer
it_waaznt_me said:
If you can bring his router to your home, you'll be able to use his account.
No, this is not correct! Router only stores the user info as a confirmation for the ISP regarding a specific line. Taking router to others place wont help as @aadipa said! U need that line to use the broadband!

SO there's practically no solutions for this to mah knowledge except for Wi-MAx !! But thats a huge thing!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
return_of_vengeance said:
hey friends,
My friend is having BSNL broadband. He has paid in advance for 1 year & now he is not going to use it as he is going to college.

His plan is 256Kbps/1GB limited. Can i some how use this BSNL connection on my pc without going to his home.?????
only way to use it that u have also to take a dataone connection urself so u have ADSL link activated on ur line & then u can use his account from ur line.

[offtopic] dig a hole in the ground & search where his telephone wire goes, cut it and use bb by ur router:lol:[/offtopic]

Third Eye

gooby pls
@return_of_vengeance: Broadband can't be share but you will take his broadband to home.if you got his telephone and adsl modem then ask him to give telephone wire to your home and then pay money. :D Koi bhi kam free may nahi hota :D

In your case Broadband connection cannot be shared...Also note the important point....one should have a broadband connection to access his or his friend's broadband connection....Also note that at a time "two users cannot share a broadband connection from two different locations....."

By LAN the internet connection can be shared....

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
too bad you don't hae ADSL connection, i share a single 2mbps account with four other computers but for some reason(lucky for us!), everyone gets constant speeds of 2048kbps!

Third Eye

gooby pls
jz2linkinpark said:
too bad you don't hae ADSL connection, i share a single 2mbps account with four other computers but for some reason(lucky for us!), everyone gets constant speeds of 2048kbps!

Wow,Very Fast Speed !
Can you tell me what is your monthly download data ?

dabster

In the zone
this is true that you can't use broadband just by bringing adsl router of somebody, The ADSL link needs to be activated,
Though I have no Idea why they say that it can't be shared....(I know BSNL people say that...)

Right now, the modem is connected via LAN, But the USB cable is provided so you can use ADSL router thru it, so that LAN card is free, and it may be used to connect to some other computer....

Though I haven't tried but What you people think...
Has anyone tried it...

Third Eye

gooby pls
This is not sharing "Bring his/her adsl modem and then configure it" (the main thing you also need his/her telephone wire).How he/she can connects to internet if you brought his/her modem ?

mediator

Technomancer
@dabster ... Thats a daily activity at mah home! Desktop to ethernet and lappy to USB! But in @ROV's case its practically impossible as he lives 7 kms away. For simple distances like 50 meters or so Wi-Fi wud have worked! But 7 km is too much!

MangyaSal

Right off the assembly line
NO U Can't share!!!

No !! Cant Share !! Keep In Mind !! You Cant Because They R Giving Subscription Of High speed Net With Telephone, Why Do They Give "you" Without That!! Look They Can Sell That Without That Land Line Like Other Isp Do!! But They R Using Their Mesh For Communication !! Although U Can Set Ur Router For Ur Pc Need!! Or On Ur Telephone No The Connection Will Take Place With & With Only Ur Friends Telephone No!! So In Ur Case Their Is No Chance I Guess!!! Well I Tried These Things On Mtnl But It Wont Happen!! There Is Some Software Check Cycle To Give Exact Location Of Ur Land No!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom