Camera talk...

JabeshRaja

New to this forum
Hi All,

I am looking to Buy a new point and shoot camera. budget 15K max.

Purpose: Picture my 6 month old baby (mostly inside home).

Pls help

divya magvani

Broken In
Pranav it seems u r interested,in goeilla pod btw which cam u hav if dslr den for near 3.5k on flipkart if micro 4/3,action cam,digital cam dan for 2k

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pranav Gorillapod SLR Zoom will be the minimu for an SLR with lens
Joby GorillaPod SLR Zoom & Ball Head Bundle (Black/ Grey): Buy Online @ Rs.4850/- | Snapdeal.com

@jabesh as I said before I would go for S110 ...it have great low light capability so you dont have to put flash while taking pics indoors.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Pranav it seems u r interested,in goeilla pod btw which cam u hav if dslr den for near 3.5k on flipkart if micro 4/3,action cam,digital cam dan for 2k

Naah, not really interested, just couldnt believe that a small gorilla pod can handle 3kgs :>

I dont get the need for a gorillapod if you have a DSLR that doesnt fall on its own face... I have never felt the need for one with a DSLR, with a Point and Shoot I see why it'd be good.

EDIT: Nvm, seems pretty useful. I didnt really look into them earlier.

sujoyp

Grand Master
it can be useful pranav ...just grab a gorillapod and put it around your arms with DSLR + 70-300 and you would look like a G.I.Joe man :D :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am looking to Buy a new point and shoot camera. budget 15K max.
Purpose: Picture my 6 month old baby (mostly inside home).

@jabesh as I said before I would go for S110 ...it have great low light capability so you dont have to put flash while taking pics indoors.
:+1: S110 does have large aperture which helps your shooting condition (indoor), equipped with large sensor means better IQ esp. in low light and you have other frills like touch, wifi and all and finally that's one helluva pricing for this piece of camera, you can get it for around 16k. It was once selling north of 25k. If you can find any coupons, that's even better. Don't hesitate coz it's little out of your budget, it's really worth. Don't miss it, grab before it goes out of stock.

- - - Updated - - -
x----------------------x--------------------------x----------------------x---------------------x

I have an ebay coupon, now I am thinking of buying something from ebay India. And giving priority to something related to photography. If I don't find anything interesting in my budget or not convinced with the quality of the product, I will buy something else, like pen drive...

Budget - 1000 (max) may be + 50-100 for shipping. Not a paisa more than that.

Things I am thinking of...
Flash bouncer: I know the power of my in-camera flash is not high, so diffusing it would give very less light. Would it be a nice choice to buy one for my compact? Esp. does that elastic grip will fit my flash :) Come on don't laugh. :-x

Flash Bounce Diffuser Reflector Soft Light BOX Elastic | eBay
Cloth Flash Bounce Diffuser Reflector Soft Light BOX Elastic Nikon Canon Sony | eBay

Reflector: I think this could be a nice choice. But I am little doubtful about the quality of the product.

5 IN 1 42" DSLR Studio Light Mulit Collapsible Foldable Disc Reflector BAG | eBay

Is there any thing else strikes your mind that would be helpful for my photography? You can suggest anything as long as it comes under my budget and related to photography and esp. I could use it with my compact camera SX130.

JabeshRaja

New to this forum
thanks NAC and SUJOYp

:+1: S110 does have large aperture which helps your shooting condition (indoor), equipped with large sensor means better IQ esp. in low light and you have other frills like touch, wifi and all and finally that's one helluva pricing for this piece of camera, you can get it for around 16k. It was once selling north of 25k. If you can find any coupons, that's even better. Don't hesitate coz it's little out of your budget, it's really worth. Don't miss it, grab before it goes out of stock.

- - - Updated - - -
x----------------------x--------------------------x----------------------x---------------------x

I have an ebay coupon, now I am thinking of buying something from ebay India. And giving priority to something related to photography. If I don't find anything interesting in my budget or not convinced with the quality of the product, I will buy something else, like pen drive...

Budget - 1000 (max) may be + 50-100 for shipping. Not a paisa more than that.

Things I am thinking of...
Flash bouncer: I know the power of my in-camera flash is not high, so diffusing it would give very less light. Would it be a nice choice to buy one for my compact? Esp. does that elastic grip will fit my flash :) Come on don't laugh. :-x

Flash Bounce Diffuser Reflector Soft Light BOX Elastic | eBay
Cloth Flash Bounce Diffuser Reflector Soft Light BOX Elastic Nikon Canon Sony | eBay

Reflector: I think this could be a nice choice. But I am little doubtful about the quality of the product.

5 IN 1 42" DSLR Studio Light Mulit Collapsible Foldable Disc Reflector BAG | eBay

Is there any thing else strikes your mind that would be helpful for my photography? You can suggest anything as long as it comes under my budget and related to photography and esp. I could use it with my compact camera SX130.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac I think the reflector is good enough and it can be used in various type of photography irrespective of camera and flash

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ What do you think about the quality of the reflector? Will it last long? I don't wanna worry later about the quality and my decision. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
the seller is good one...soo hope the quality is good too ...I bought flash stand, holder, umbrella, background from that seller...all are good quality

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ That's good to hear that.

Seems it was selling much cheaper few weeks/months ago. As of now this is the only product, I have narrowed down (photography accessories). Most likely I will place my order tomorrow or by Sunday. Guys if some other photography accessory crossed your mind, please let me know.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Nac: the next accessory on my list is a set of macro converter lenses. It costs about Rs. 300 odd depending on your camera Macro converter - Ebay . This and a reverse mounting ring (since I now have a couple of fully manual lenses). I felt that this was stuff that I would use more frequently than a reflector or studio lights.

kaz

right here
How about image quality with macro converters? Anyone ever tried one? I am also interested in getting one :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac yeas buy one and use it carefully...if by chance you couldnt use it...ship it to me at reduced price...I will be happy to take it ....I was also planning to get reflector for soo long but dont want 5 reflector set and I wont use it soo much to pay 1000 RS.

@kaz I have macro convertor set and reverse ring too :D

macro convertor are just like magnifying glass set.. 1+,2+,3+ 5+ etc ....pic quality is fine...but you will need good light to use it and also a stable hand.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@Nac: the next accessory on my list is a set of macro converter lenses. It costs about Rs. 300 odd depending on your camera Macro converter - Ebay . This and a reverse mounting ring (since I now have a couple of fully manual lenses). I felt that this was stuff that I would use more frequently than a reflector or studio lights.
May be when I own a DSLR I will think about this, but now this doesn't belong to my compact camera world. ;) Thanks for the suggestion :)
I was also planning to get reflector for soo long but dont want 5 reflector set and I wont use it soo much to pay 1000 RS.
1k is too much? :unsure::blink:
Sujoy, somebody hacked your TDF id and posting some funny comments like the one above :D
Come on, it's not even costs 1% of your gear's worth.
@nac yeas buy one and use it carefully...if by chance you couldnt use it...ship it to me at reduced price...I will be happy to take it ....
Yeah, sure. And it would be my first WTS thread.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sujoy, somebody hacked your TDF id and posting some funny comments like the one above

LOL :D ...I mean we have other priorities too ...like I want a simple bag soo that I can keep the cam safe and do not attract too much attention that of a DSLR bag...
Also I will be going to Ajanta alora or Tadoba this month (khajuraho cancel coz of dad) which will again cost me

I almost cried when people at my friends marriage started thinking that I am a photographer and nobody talked to me...I was soo angry with the camera bag that looks like a camera bag those marriage photographers usually have ...I will not take my cam to any party place till I have a colorful looking casual bag

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I almost cried when people at my friends marriage started thinking that I am a photographer and nobody talked to me...
:rofl:
Did you see that offer for used X100. Nice pricing, just one year old camera for 36k. That's really nice and top of that he gives all the extras he has for the camera. The thread should have closed by now, may be coz of he is new.
This would be a nice camera for wedding and parties. Yeah, can't afford right now. Just a week back some digits disappeared in bank account. :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I forgot that you had the same compact as me. In which case you might want to save up for the gorillapod. I've been using it fit some years and its amazing for long exposure shots.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac someday I will get one of those big sensor non removable lens cameras ...basically problem with those is they are not small enough to fit into pocket...then whats the use...I have to carry a bag anyways

Top Bottom