Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
ILC season is just around the corner. As compact camera market share is dropping, ILC is increasing. Business for the camera manufacturers have been good this year. I am expecting around 10 more cameras this year. At least one FF from Canon and from Nikon's side every category has a latest model but D300s line is pretty much looks like abandoned. Whether Nikon ditched that line up or taking time to make one exceptionally well? God knows... 6yrs is too long, I would say they ditched and have no idea of bringing an update. But who knows, they may surprise us...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think nikon lineup is good for now...I know a fast shooter like D300s is missing but look at the overall list of DSLR...I dont think anything is missing
D7200 is good enough but not a competitor to 7DII .

ILC season is just around the corner. As compact camera market share is dropping, ILC is increasing. Business for the camera manufacturers have been good this year. I am expecting around 10 more cameras this year. At least one FF from Canon and from Nikon's side every category has a latest model but D300s line is pretty much looks like abandoned. Whether Nikon ditched that line up or taking time to make one exceptionally well? God knows... 6yrs is too long, I would say they ditched and have no idea of bringing an update. But who knows, they may surprise us...

OMD-E10 Mark ii was launched yesterday, and who knows, we might have Sony A7000(?) ready for September. I'm actually excited about a true successor to NEX-7, an APS-C flagship from Sony which can actually compete with Olympus MFT and Fuji in terms of build and JPEG output. A6000 is good, but it doesn't emit that aura of confidence you get from holding a well build camera which can take on any weather and any condition. Also, some new E-Mount lenses can help too.

sujoyp

Grand Master
regarding small ILC , I would literally want a advance P&S with 1 inch sensor, 24-70mm FOV , aperture 1.8-2.8 aperture, Iso till 12800 . but I want an external flash shoe and a small smart bounce flash accessory too. The cam should be pocketable.
And all this in 30k :D plzzzz
.................................................................................
OMG just checked Sony RX100 iv and it have same specs...but no flash shoe ...and priced too high ;)

regarding small ILC , I would literally want a advance P&S with 1 inch sensor, 24-70mm FOV , aperture 1.8-2.8 aperture, Iso till 12800 . but I want an external flash shoe and a small smart bounce flash accessory too. The cam should be pocketable.
.................................................................................
OMG just checked Sony RX100 iv and it have same specs...but no flash shoe ...and priced too high ;)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5, that one is really tiny. I had hard time believing that it was an interchangeable lens camera before the guy swapped the lenses....I think it is smaller than the RX100 too.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
OMD-E10 Mark ii was launched yesterday
Yeah, along with the announcement, dpreview has posted their review. This is super fast... :)
I thought you're talking about RX100 M3 until I read your updated line. So your dream actually does exist ;)

What about RX100 M3? It's almost as same as M4 and it will be in your price bracket after M5 reaches your dealer's shelf. ;)

You know what, you don't have to wait that long and that too with no external flash option. You can very well go for LX100 right away...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yeah, along with the announcement, dpreview has posted their review. This is super fast... :)

I thought you're talking about RX100 M3 until I read your updated line. So your dream actually does exist ;)

What about RX100 M3? It's almost as same as M4 and it will be in your price bracket after M5 reaches your dealer's shelf. ;)

You know what, you don't have to wait that long and that too with no external flash option. You can very well go for LX100 right away...

Nac its 800$(around 50k) LX100 ....I wont pay that much for a fixed lens cam :) it should be around max 500$ and with hot shoe ...
I will not ignore the use of external flash...at least I want an option :)

@amlan can you put the cam+pancake lens inside your pocket (any pocket) ;) I dont think so...and if you need to carry a bag then I will prefer DSLR

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
and this guy seems to have written the ultimate faceoff between a mirrorless and a normal DSLR

Mirrorless Cameras – Everything You Wanted to Know

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nac its 800$(around 50k) LX100 ....I wont pay that much for a fixed lens cam :) it should be around max 500$
Just wait a little while, it will come there eventually or at least used/refurbished one will come in your budget ;)

- - - Updated - - -

and this guy seems to have written the ultimate faceoff between a mirrorless and a normal DSLR

Mirrorless Cameras – Everything You Wanted to Know
Wow!!! It should have taken loooooong time to compile that article. I got overwhelmed by just looking at the size of the post. :eek:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac technology never waits...you know that...right now its latest...tomorrow hybrid AF system 100 AF point and a new alloy design will be latest...price should be correct when needed :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup, thats true. But the best way might be to buy just as the price drops. Since there is hardly any difference in 2 variants. Like you can get the RX 100 II

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I came across these two lenses, but I am not sure what's the difference. Pretty much everything seems the same, including price but they are listed as two different product. Google didn't help much or I didn't punch right keywords.

Nikonians have any idea about these two? What's the difference between the two? Which one is better?

50mm f/1.4 vs AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

My guess is, the first is fully manual while the second one could use AF if the body has AF motor. Am I right, here?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac both are AF lenses...one is with D and one is non-D ..

The "D" designation indicates that the lens transmits the focused distance to the exposure metering system for more accurate exposure, primarily during flash exposure.

Read more: Difference between a "D" lens and a non "D" lens.

even I have a non-D 50mm 1.8 lens ...these are older lens but AF on focus motor.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nac both are AF lenses...one is with D and one is non-D ..

even I have a non-D 50mm 1.8 lens ...these are older lens but AF on focus motor.
I am not seeing a "non D" as a classification in lens compatibility chart. Does it mean, non D are AI-s lens?

sujoyp

Grand Master
No AI and AIS are different breed of manual lens...a 50mm which dont have D is a non-D :D not joking ..really ;)

Nikon have initially developed 50mm AF f1.8 and f1.4 lens and then replaced it with 50mm AFD f1.8 and AFD 1.4

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
No AI and AIS are different breed of manual lens...a 50mm which dont have D is a non-D :D not joking ..really ;)
:D :D
Nikon have initially developed 50mm AF f1.8 and f1.4 lens and then replaced it with 50mm AFD f1.8 and AFD 1.4
The sole reason for confusing is, not marking it as "non D". So should I consider this as "D" version when checking lens compatibility chart (just for compatibility checking).

Bhphotovideo classify the "non d" version as "AIs/manual focus only lens"

I guess the one in my previous and this one are same.
50mm f/1.4

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac AI/AIS lens will have that mentioned..yes the link may have the AIS 50mm 1.4 ..cause its not mentioned as AF lens

if lens is AF then it will be either D or non-D

Top Bottom