Camera talk...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The A6000 is a great cam, way better than the EOS M and all.

If by shutter speed your mean burst speed then yes, the NEX or A series will clock 11 frames per sec. In shutter speed they top out at 1/4000 of a sec.

oh,I had seen an Ad for a certain Mirrorless when I was in Doha airport last month
couldnt see the brand but its shutter/burst speed was 1/64000 or something like that

raja manuel

In the zone
How to calibrate?does it involve opening the lens up? Ive done it to my old Tamron 28-200mm but I dont have the heart to do it to my newer lenses

The amount of calibration required is measured using a focus test. The actual calibration is a software instruction to the camera. I've never heard of anyone opening up a lens for microfocus adjustment. You can do the calibration yourself only if your body supports microfocus adjustment - if not it can be done only by the service centre.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Electronic shutter ? There is no way a metal, or even a fabric shutter can go that fast.
CHDK is for canon compacts. If I am right all of 'em are electronic shutter including the large sensor compacts. One of the advantage of compacts :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup my CHDK ed canon sx120 used to go to 1/16000 or so. Required a huge amount of light to shoot. The max I've seen most DSLRs do is 1/8000 with most like the nex topping at 1/4000.

Burst is amazing though on a mirrorless. 11fps means that you can get bubbles and baloons bursting and all

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Usually, camera makers announce some models in Q2. I expect some quite no. of bridges and large sensors this time. And many of them are due for a very long time.

Fuji HS bridge;
Though Fuji announces large sensors, they didn't bring them India.

Nikon Px000 large sensor;
Do they have any plan to compete against the likes of G3x, RX10 II, FZ1000?

I know Olympus has stopped making entry level compacts, but what happened to their large sensor compacts? Did they stop that too?

Panasonic bridge is due. Can we expect successor of FZ200 this quarter? or Is FZ1000 the successor? And they don't have any bazooka update since FZ70.
And the same applies to LX7/LX100... both these didn't come to India as well.
Lately, Panasonic didn't bring any travel zoom too. TZ30 was the last one.

I don't know, Samsung is busy engineering NX1 and forgot they had EX series. Will they ever make it again?

On the other hand, Sony is keep launching large sensor compacts. Even after 4 generations, you can still find 1st gen RX100 in market.

$hadow

Geek in making
And not to mention that FZ series successor will be going to enjoy the fan base already laid in by F series.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
CHDK is amazing
tried it last month on my A1200

Sadly my 1200D doesnt support magic lantern so I cant try that out :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
CHDK is amazing
tried it last month on my A1200

Sadly my 1200D doesnt support magic lantern so I cant try that out :(
That's a nice camera. Looking back, there were cameras with f/2.8, VF and that too a base model. We can't find such cameras today.
You know, I had a dream last night that I bought 1200D. I was really surprised that I bought a DSLR and in my sleep grunting why did I bought it now at higher price. I should have bought it when there is a deal around dasara. :D I really that it was real until I got up. :lol:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
That's a nice camera. Looking back, there were cameras with f/2.8, VF and that too a base model. We can't find such cameras today.
You know, I had a dream last night that I bought 1200D. I was really surprised that I bought a DSLR and in my sleep grunting why did I bought it now at higher price. I should have bought it when there is a deal around dasara. :D I really that it was real until I got up. :lol:

lol I know that feel,I bought 1200D for 37k with a tripod
now its exactly 27k and I just bought an external flash + 50mm Prime for 10k total :D and exactly a week later 50mm STM released :(
So far Ive spent 50k totally on my camera and atleast 17k was the total loss incured right after my purchases(10k for price drop,7k for misc purchases with sd cards etc ) :D :p

A1200 was a great camera,especially since I bought it in 2012 in US for $80 when midway through my trip,my sony camera battery died out on me,wouldnt even charge and I couldnt find a replacement battery
A1200 is awesome except for the slow shutter speed and slow startup
picture quality is pretty good,wonder why we went to using smartphone cameras in the first place(except Lumias and Sony Exmor phone cameras)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] ..get one soon bhai.. :) its even comming in dreams :D

@kkn thats not loss incurred..thats just psycological ;)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
wait [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] doesnt have a dslr? I thought you did :O
if not pick up a 1200D asap,its a steal at 27k
so much that im tempted to pick up another :D :p

- - - Updated - - -

btw guys hows flickr as a private cloud storage? for private photos only?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
lol I know that feel,I bought 1200D for 37k with a tripod
now its exactly 27k
It happens man... and esp. electronics. Price falls more frequent than anything else...

@nac ..get one soon bhai.. :) its even comming in dreams :D
:D You know, I just don't have a heart for spending a lot. First I should make that kinda money and most likely I will have my heart convinced to buy one. ;)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Prices fall the day you buy something. That does not mean you made a mistake. It just means that the fun is worth the buying it now

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
:D You know, I just don't have a heart for spending a lot. First I should make that kinda money and most likely I will have my heart convinced to buy one. ;)

Me too,my phone is now 2.5 years old,I had an option to spend on a phone this time but I decided to buy a 50mm and flash instead of a phone
everything gets outdated so fast,rather buy a camera,they dont really go "outdated"
my 20 year old EOS 500 can still use my 50mm prime and my year old 1200D can still use my 20 year old Tamron 28-200mm
whereas my 2.5 year old 720 will get strange looks and people asking me "you still use that dinosaur" :D :p

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Tell me about it, I am using a decade old Nokia ;)

Hahaha, even older Nokias such as the N8 are some of the best cameras ever made till date
Id still grab one to use as a point and shoot !!

Wait for 1040,940,940XL apparently they might have a triple xenon flash :O
even if itll be priced as a proper flagship,itll be totally worth it

But 1st,pls grab a 1200D , its an absolute steal :D
If you can take amazing shots with a high zoom,I cant imagine what you will be able to do with a L series lens and a dslr :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am almost done with my photogear shopping...now I am saving for car :) and then travel around to click pics ...mumbai have soo many places around but by bike cant go soo long and taking cam on local train is not good idea

Top Bottom