Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Soon you can go out and dare to shoot in the rain, beach with your D7000.

In terms of features, in every way D7000 is better D3100 right? Other than size and weight...

No way I am shooting in rain...I dont have weatherproof lenses ;)

yes beach and low temperatures it will work fine ....my friends D5100 was not working good at -4 degree at simla

yes D7000 is a good alround DSLR with lots n lots of features ...specially have to learn the focus system...its confusing with soo many options.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ash,
SX50 or P520 is pretty much same as the compacts, just that it does have more zoom. It's not an upgrade.

If he really wants to upgrade, he can very well get 1100D or D3100 (which are DSLR) in his budget. If he can shell out little extra, he can get a telephoto zoom lens too with 1100D.

Yes, people do spend lot of money for their hobbies. If he is not too serious, and if this is "just for hobby" he is better off with the compacts he already have.

By the way, what are the compacts he have now?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ ashs1
get canon sx50 its the best superzoom out there (except FZ200) sony HX300 is also good but canon have advantage in better ISO and tilting screen

@nac I am thinking to get a compact for fun and holidays ....cant lug this whole DSLR + lenses everywhere ....specially on others party

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, You have decent mobile camera, and I guess your old compacts are still working fine. I think, they should suffice for fun and holidays... Don't spend money on compact, you won't like it. (unless, you buy the one you were interested... RX100)

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL RX100 is still in my list

yes mobile cam is descent but not good for print ...and dad says old compact is not taking good enough shots ...what worries me is when I give my dslr to others to take my pics it either comes blurry or shaken or dark or some problem ...what if same thing happens at the time of my marrige ... I can not take my marrige pics :D :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
compact is not taking good enough shots ...
Yes, that's what I was coming to say. After using DSLR for years, compacts don't make good photographs :D
At least one of your colleagues or your friends or your siblings or your cousin would know how to use a DSLR??

sujoyp

Grand Master
soo u are saying stick to dslr only ...

how about nikon j1 as companion ...it also have that 1 inch sensor of RX100 and its cheap and with a adapter it can make my 150-500 to a wooping 405-1350 :D and people are actually loving it ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, stick with your DSLR. When you want to be light, take tammy or prime with you (size down your gear). Don't carry all of them... Still you think DSLR is heavy to take it to every place, and care more about IQ you can go for a compact. But J1 is not the solution, esp. when you're thinking of mounting it with Sigma (come on, you can carry that bazooka, but not D7000 ;)

You can sure buy a new compact for your family members.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
soo u are saying stick to dslr only ...

Since you already have a DSLR (and buying a better one), if you make a poll, I'll vote for RX100 or or a good compact that fits in the pocket for your dad (I assuming you'll use it too from time to time).

I don't think a beginner level DSLR (1100D - only one I've used) will be significantly better than Rx100 as long as you know the limitations of your compact.
The main thing will be you could put it in your pockets & have it with you more often than DSLR.

sujoyp

Grand Master
the D7000+150-500 combo will be 300gm more heavier then D3100+150-500 ...total weight up from 2100gm to 2400gm :shock:
seems like I have to start pushups again :D

regarding j1...hmm its good but not pocetable...soo will not be a good idea...
prime lens is not going to make anything light...a D7000+50mm 1.8d is still 1 KG package ;)

I think something like RX100 is best chance.

@gen beginner level...u mean my D3100 :( comon its better then RX100 :D ...but requirement is pocketable soo RX100 wins

I will get something like RX100 when it will be one month left to marriage ...right now within week my D7000 is comming :D

I wished to get a used D7000 for 33-34k (current market rate) and with remainiing money would have get a new 50mm 1.8D ..my old 50m have too much fungus now..cant use it for bokeh

but now will have to spend full amount...damn:twisted:

kaz

right here
Whats the difference in between these lenses?
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G ED
and
AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kaz one is with VR and other without VR .....and belive me VR cost a lot ..lens cost increase drastically with VR and without VR

kaz

right here
Actually I got confused..On online stores there is 2 models of 55-200 with VR, one with ED and other without..I guess they have missed ED while typing :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
waiting for tomorrow ....soo much excited ...at last my semipro body is comming with all functionality I needed

Have booked it and it will be delivered tomorrow night :hyper::clap2:

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL ...I am already day dreaming ...D7000 have a complicated focussing system...will have to give it time to understand ...

sujoyp

Grand Master
bought locally...for 46k..he will get stock from somewhere ...dad not ready for online buy which I was getting for 43k

Top Bottom