Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah they will release new models in Jan soo clearing up stock ....but I think for P&S latest is the best ....even I will be eyeing something for parents as my Sony T700 is very old now and dad's not satisfied with that

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Guys, Canon have slashed price for many cameras including G1x, G15, S110... Check out if anyone of you or your friends looking for cameras...

lol.. I feel stupid paying 10K more 1 year back.

Not aware of other cameras in the market but G15 at 20K sounds like a great deal.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I haven't seen any price slash since its launch for G15, G1x, S110. This is the first time they are slashing for these cameras. It's about two years for G1x and more than a year for other two. Given this price scenario, one have a choice to consider this camera along with the popular RX100. :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You can shelf the idea of buying D7000 and get RX100, then. And also keep your D3100, you will have both DSLR and large sensor compact. :)

And Canon increased the price of DSLRs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
No I want a D7000/D7100 too ....RX100 my dad can use...the used RX100 is also selling for 26k ...lets see this year if I get incriment I am gonna get both of them :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I was watching PS video tutorial in youtube. I came across this video, it was funny and kinda true??? to an extent I think.

Is this only me? Am I alone? :D Check out this video and tell me I am not alone :hissyfit:

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Lot of cameras getting/gonna be announced this week.

Canon N100 with a rear camera, is little new. Bigger sensor and good aperture range. Good :)

TZ60 seems impressive... VF, MF, RAW, 30x, lens ring... very impressive :thumbs: but NO touch screen :(.

I don't know whether Canon SX600 is the successor of SX260/280... It's more like a cheaper version of the series. If it's the successor, then it will sure gonna sxxk big time, not because of TZ60's impressive feature but Canon have downgraded a lot. Too small aperture (the smallest I have ever seen for a non-weather sealed camera), zoom dropped, from digic 6 to a newer digic 4+ and doesn't seems to have manual exposure modes...

sujoyp

Grand Master
then SX600 is not successor...its called a cheaper version...

TZ60 is old one...isnt it...or name is old ...

whats sony launching...hope to see something in HX series

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
then SX600 is not successor...its called a cheaper version...
Yeah, like S200 :)

TZ60 is old one...isnt it...or name is old ...
Nope, there is FZ60 but no TZ60. FZ is bridge camera series, TZ is travel zoom series.

whats sony launching...hope to see something in HX series
I haven't seen any new notable sony.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think this is the first bridge camera to have dual grip. Yes, it's from Samsung... WB2200F. :)

But fixed lcd, not many physical controls as I expected after seeing the design, no hot shoe, no lens ring, and I guess no RAW. Just the design looks PRO, not the features. :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
A new find...

I am using chdk for about 2yrs. This is the first time I am noticing this. I was shooting for bokeh photo project. I couldn't see the LCD as I was shooting outdoor in the middle of the day. Subject was getting overexposed, increasing the shutter speed leaves the background dark, so I thought of shooting in RAW and hoping that it would give little more flexibility when editing to get the details.

To get some decent bokeh from a compact, I was using all the zoom I could use, including digital zoom. The jpeg files are as I composed but the RAW files didn't use the digital zoom and covered more things in the frame than the jpeg i.e., jpeg was shot @ 240mm and RAW was shot @ 60mm (native focal length)

*imageshack.com/a/img401/2030/5r37.jpg *imageshack.com/a/img689/7331/rijc.jpg

Left if RAW, right is jpeg. Both are same shot, untouched (just resized to post)

sujoyp

Grand Master
but nac in this way did u get more detail in RAW file then jpeg with digital zoom....was it useful to shoot in RAW??

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nope, after cropping sharpness lost. As far as sharpness in concern no matter whether it's RAW or not, images loses its sharpness when cropping. But with digital zoom it has more details than the cropped image but it is little noisy. The one thing more evident from RAW is, better shadow details.

Here is side by side comparison. Left is RAW cropped, right is digital zoom used... Both the images are touched/enhanced. (original images are posted in the previous post)
*imageshack.com/a/img14/9595/n6hs.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
someone please give me a quick review of Canon 600D. One of my friends is planning to buy it and the tech specs and flickr pics look pretty good. Any real world gyaan that I should know about it, or is there a better cam in the 30-35k range?

raja manuel

In the zone
someone please give me a quick review of Canon 600D. One of my friends is planning to buy it and the tech specs and flickr pics look pretty good. Any real world gyaan that I should know about it, or is there a better cam in the 30-35k range?
Well, I have a 600D and these are some of the the major differentiators in that price bracket (as far as I know). Some of these are Canon-specific, and not just 600D specific
* Built-in wireless flash commander (not just a trigger) which is great for someone who is willing to shell out for a compatible flash
* EOS Utilities is an extremely capable tethered shooting solution that comes free with the camera
* DPP is a very capable RAW developer that comes free with the camera (and gives great results), plus DLO too, I believe. Nice selection of free picture styles created by users. DPP has been described as the gift that keeps on giving, and I can see why
* More hardware buttons, matrix layout for the menu, and menu items active on highlight for very quick access to settings
* Separate Flash Exposure Compensation control
* Electronic First Curtain (though I guess other brands should also have this)
* Magic Lantern

The 'feature' that bugs me the most is using the in-built flash as autofocus assist in low light. I always wonder if it will trigger someone's epilepsy when it goes off.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys its time for me to sell off my trusted D3100+18-55 combo ...After lot of thinking I decided to get D7000 and not D7100

D7100 still cost almost 25k more and I could not justify that much price difference.

Soo basically I was asking you what price should I quote for my combo D3100+18-55 ...3yrs old and 28k (max is 100k)shutter counts ...in perfectly working condition ...New is 22k ...is 14k+shipping fine??

Top Bottom