Camera talk...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
help me out please...

doubt about these two:

1. Lenspen NLP-1 Lens Cleaner - Lenspen: Flipkart.com - Rs. 425

2. Photron Lenspen Lens Cleaner - Photron: Flipkart.com - Rs. 325

which one should i go for?? both seem to be standard Lenspen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
bro its as simple..1st one is the original lenspen....and 2nd one is photron companies duplicate lenspen ;) Get 1st

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I bought the NLP1 for Rs 325 from ebay,it was the original Canadian one. Photron is a copy.

Here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/177942-dslr-dilemma-13.html

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
oh right.. i thought i saw you post it somewhere... thanks.. i will get the nlp1

@sujoyda okay!! :) thanks

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends,

I currently own a Sony WX 150 P&S Camera. The picture quality is good enough. But I see a lot of my friends using DSLRs on their trips.

Is it worth moving to DSLR?
I know I'll get answers like DSLR is for those who are serious about photography and willing to experiment and learn. I'm more into casual photography. What I'm looking for is snaps with excellent clarity with short learning curve.
I tried Sony A58 in Reliance Digital and really liked it. I found it very simple to use. Will it be a good upgade to WX 150, or should I look into other models?

Or WX150 is good enough for my needs?

Kindly suggest.

BTW I'll be off to USA in a month. I'll be working there for 2 months. If a DSLR is really required for my needs, I might pick one up from there since the cost tends to be about 10-20% cheaper compared to India.

sujoyp

Grand Master
y just a dslr ...check out the m4/3 range from olympus, panasonic, fuji ....these give excellent pic quality and dont have the bulk to carry arround...
you can also check sony RX100 or RX100 II which have pic quality as good as dslrs...I have checked it personally ;)

I was about to suggest A58 but stopped myself coz you are a casual shooter who wants great quality...do note that when you are able to change lens u will have to buy them too...and then u need to maintain them...think about that

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I guess, WX150 is good enough. As far as learning curve is concern, it would be same for all the cameras be it CSC or DSLR or advanced compact.

Two things, if you are buying it in USA. There may not be India warranty if you bought there and there may be customs issue (you may have to pay custom duty) when you return back to India.

sujoyp

Grand Master
no no no custom duty ...just dont bring the box along u ...keep everything just like u are using them from long time...and if possible register them on customs when boarding flight back

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^ only if you can make them believe that you have used the item regularly before coming to India, then customs is not charged.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but I came and went with my cam and 3 lenses almost 10 times from kolkata customs and dhaka customs...no body stopped me ever

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I have brought multiple electronic items from Europe and Asia, and have never paid for customs. Customs need to be paid if the item is in its box pack and never used during the stay abroad. So for getting the camera, custom charges will not be a problem.

Leaving the customs discussion aside, I have another question for DSLR users. When you go on a holiday (beach/pool), how do you manage to keep your DSLR with you? What do you do when you're not allowed to carry the camera in certain places like temples? Yo ucan't even keep them safe outside. A P&S is better in these cases since you can just keep them in the pocket, and no one would notice you're carrying one.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Usually in temples, theaters, historical monuments, water parks etc they'll allow you to carry the cam. They just need to make sure you don't shoot, so you can always leave your memory card or battery with them for that purpose.

Water parks usually have lockers, so you can stash you camera there too

And usually these people are pretty tolerant if you tell them upfront, they know they can't stop everything. Mobiles will enter, and all of them have cameras (and good ones) these days

sujoyp

Grand Master
just put them back in your bag :) thats the reason some people buy camera bag that look like a normal tourist bag, you can just carry ur camera safely without getting noticed

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
At some temple, the security open your bag. :\

anyway, just tell them you are not comfy leaving such a costly cam with them.

sujoyp

Grand Master
they will say keep ur bag with ur friend and go one by one...I have a bad bad experience at kalighat temple..I told them that I will put the cam back but they literally pushed me away :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, Canon have slashed price for many cameras including G1x, G15, S110... Check out if anyone of you or your friends looking for cameras...

Top Bottom