Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
read this... Why I Moved To Medium Format :: Phase One IQ140 Review • Photography By Zack Arias

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It was only Fuji XS1, but about 10 days ago Sony announced RX10. Now Olympus announced its Stylus 1. Looks good... Will other camera manufacturers produce these kinda cameras?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nikon is also launching a retro small camera with D4 sensor...it will be in same league...no news of canon

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, waiting for Nov 5th to know the full spec. But it doesn't seems to be in the league of Stylus 1 or RX10. It's like single focal length FF compact... Will see what actually it is in few days...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You're right Sujoy. It's a DSLR (range finder style). Looks good and nice pricing... :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I'm looking for a 70-300mm Lens for my D3100

confused between Tamron A17 & A005
also Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

sujoyp

Grand Master
whats tamron A17 & A005 ??

for 70-300 ..nikon 70-300 VR is the best...for a little less you can also get Tamron 70-300 VC USD

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
whats tamron A17 & A005 ??

for 70-300 ..nikon 70-300 VR is the best...for a little less you can also get Tamron 70-300 VC USD

A005
A17

A005 is around 25k
A17 is around 8k

i can buy A005 but need some clarifications between A17 & A005

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys, is it possible to capture long exposure shots in point and shoot cameras?
i am assuming long exposure = lower shutter speed ? [i am noob so correct me if i'm wrong]

my cellphone sucks in capturing photos, i have shaky hands so almost everyphoto gets blurry. many point and shoot cams feature anti blur/anti shake feature but does it work?

also, moving objects gets very blurry in my cellphone, even when its moving at slow speed [ie: a cyclist]. does this problem also exists in P&S cams?

ps: i've never owned any digicam before

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
@happy : I was intrigued by your question and did some research . Seems that Canon G series is very capable of long exposure quality shots and Long exposure = More shutter time ( Total time during which shutter is open ). See the photo in the first link. Its awesome

P&S Long Exposure | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Long Exposure Wide Angle Capable P&S: Canon PowerShot Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

@happy : I was intrigued by your question and did some research . Seems that Canon G series is very capable of long exposure quality shots and Long exposure = More shutter time ( Total time during which shutter is open ). See the photo in the first link. Its awesome

*www.flickr.com/photos/surfma/5326038064/
*www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2929545#forum-post-37299869

sujoyp

Grand Master
@zangetsu ....Nikon 70-300 VR is still better then that tamron 70-300 Di VC USD ...but if price difference is more then 4-5k then Tamron is the choice

what confusion do you have regarding that lens??

@happy any camera which have manual modes like Shutter speed mode or Manual mode can be used for long exposure..
if shooting a person/subject in low light is the problem then you need to increase the ISO or use flash ...if the subject is still like a scenary then take support of any flat base and then take the pic at night

capturing a cycle in daytime would not be a problem for any P&S but if light is low like 6 in the evening then u have to use flash to capture the shot

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Purchased Canon 600D combo pack from flipkart. Here's my first snap from the cam.
Cant attach from tapatalk :O

raja manuel

In the zone
hey guys, is it possible to capture long exposure shots in point and shoot cameras?
Yes, though it depends on the camera. Any P&S with manual mode can do it. Less sophisticated cameras that don't have manual mode do have some modes that use longer exposures, such as firework mode - I have used my Fujifilm AV100 in fireworks mode on a tripod for group photos in low light and it worked fairly well. Even lower spec (read cheaper) Canon P&S that support CHDK should give you all the controls you need for long exposure phtography.

i am assuming long exposure = lower shutter speed ? [i am noob so correct me if i'm wrong]
Longer exposure means the shutter is open for longer. Shutter speed of 1/50 is longer than 1/500 – not sure if this is what you meant by lower.

my cellphone sucks in capturing photos, i have shaky hands so almost everyphoto gets blurry. many point and shoot cams feature anti blur/anti shake feature but does it work?
Do you get blurry photos outdoors in bright sunlight or only in low(er) light situations? If the latter, it is most probably the result of longer exposure. If your cellphone cam has autofocus you can stop pressing the shutter button once the camera starts trying to focus; this can reduce the camera shake.
Anti-blur/shake, even on a DSLR will only help you to a certain extent. It depends on how long the exposure is.

also, moving objects gets very blurry in my cellphone, even when its moving at slow speed [ie: a cyclist]. does this problem also exists in P&S cams?
Moving objects blur because the shutter speed is too slow (long exposure). You need short exposure to freeze movement. Again, manual mode is your friend and how well a P&S can do this depends on the model in question.

Top Bottom