Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hasselblad are medium format sensor camera..and you can get all pieces saperately

*default.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11134/000001af9/9fec/Hasselblad-H4D-40.jpg

*www.dvice.com/sites/dvice/files/images/hasselblad.jpg

please search ...I dont have much info about medium format :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey guys did you saw sony's new full frame DSLT A7 cost around 1699$ ...I think its awesome technologically..will read some reviews when its in the market.

Sony A7 and A7R Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Announcement

Man whats going on Olympus EPL1 body used selling for 7.5k and with kit selling for 9k ....thats damn cheap.

its much better then any P&S in the market and have micro4/3 sensor ....if somebody getting advance cam for 1st time I can recommend this :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
today was awesome day...got a deal with a person from banglore and bought his Sigma 150-500 APO OS DG HSM ...but I will get hold of it only on 1st or 2nd when I come back home :cloud9::hyper:

Sujoy, Congrats for the Sigma telephoto zoom lens. What happened to the money you were saving for upgrading to better body?

hey guys did you saw sony's new full frame DSLT A7 cost around 1699$ ...I think its awesome technologically..will read some reviews when its in the market.

Sony A7 and A7R Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Announcement
I checked it after seeing your post. After all it's not a DSLR. :smile:
Man whats going on Olympus EPL1 body used selling for 7.5k and with kit selling for 9k ....thats damn cheap.
its much better then any P&S in the market and have micro4/3 sensor ....if somebody getting advance cam for 1st time I can recommend this :smile:

You mean second hand, right?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Actually my plan was that dad will get me D7000 or D7100 as diwali gift and I will get this lens ...but sadly dad backed off and said he wants to paint the house interiors which will cost around same as my D7000 ....hmm soo D7000 got delayed till maybe forever and now I will get D7100 only when I get next chance :) :D

Right now its birding season and I need a better lens more then anything...soo my Sigma 150-500 is comming very soon :D

yes nac I am talking about used EPL1 cam and kit ...another offer on jjmehta was EPL3+kit for 15k ...thats also very nice deal.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
but sadly dad backed off and said he wants to paint the house interiors which will cost around same as my D7000
:( For the next 5-7 yrs, whenever you see the new wall paint in your house, you will be :-x

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL comon its just matter of some months ...my dad is not like that...he will keep my wish in mind somewhere ...you know eklauta ladka effect :D :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:D Then christmas it is...

When you get your D7000, your dad will get to use your D3100 and your lens collections including the new bazooka.

sujoyp

Grand Master
the new lens is just too heavy ...my 55-200 is just 500gm I think...and 150-500 is 1.8 KG add 400gm of D3100 that becomes 2.2 KG setup ....no one except me is going to use that combination...
I think I should go back to gym ....need strength to hold 2.2 KG for 2-3hrs hiking :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
ha ha ha lol...thats good example

look this is comparision of Sigma 150-500 with nikon 70-300 VR

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3270/2660675091_d99434c4e1_z.jpg

and the center lens is my 55-200 compared to 70-300VR

*www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikkor_DX_55-200mm_VR/images/Nik_18135_55200_70300_in.gif

can you imagine how small 55-200 is compared to Sigma 150-500 :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
no my tripod cant hold it...I am going to hand hold it...birding is not possible using a tripod which we will carry around...I may get a monopod if absolutly required ...but Sigma 150-500 have good optical stabilisation...it can shoot at 500mm at a shutter speed of around 1/800 ....I have seen some very sharp pics with f8 and 1/800 shutter speed.

sigma is even fine at 1/200-1/250 if shot below 400mm.

check the flickr of that man from I am getting the lens - >*www.flickr.com/search/?q=150-500mm&w=33030179@N06

he shoots handheld

sujoyp

Grand Master
@quagmire thanks...I will update the 1st day I get hold of this lens in my hand...maybe on 1st or 2nd Nov :) Astrophotography ...hmm I have no idea abt it ;)

@nac there are two things...1st is he uses a D300s which have poor ISO capabilities ...and 2ndly ISO 400 and ISO 800 is normal in bird photography

I used to put a ISO400 permanently and -0.3 exposure when going for birding...more shutter speed is ok but less is a problem :)

quagmire

Allllright !
^Just saw the weight of your new lens. Almost 2kg..:shock:
Add to that 500-700 gm body. Total weight ~3kg. Isnt that too heavy for handheld use?

sujoyp

Grand Master
eeh dont make it look soo heavy ;) its 1.8KG lens+400gm body = 2.2KG :) yes its heavy handheld coz I will have to walk almost 1-2 km for 2 hrs for my birding ...if i feel it heavy then will get a monopod to support it ...else will keep giving rest to hands and definitely get back to gym.

btw if others can handle it handheld then I can too...btw did u see my pic :D :D
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8558324399_5191c1256c_n.jpg
Self by sujoyp, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I am ready for sigma 150-500 ...I am even ready for Nikon 200-400 if somebody gifts it to me ...it weights 3.3 Kg :D

The guy who sold me this sigma, already bought a used Nikon 200-400 for 2.5 Lakh ...and he said its just too heavy

Top Bottom