Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I had my first prewedding...huff got soo tired...the location which we selected was in mumbai but 2.5 hr from our place..then girl was soo exited that brought 4 dresses...and then at the location we found that photography is now restricted in that area...still did some part there..shot soo many of them after sun set...still took a total of 500 pics :D

CRACING

Journeyman
What they're trying to do with new entry level cam? - My guess is they can price 1300D successor higher like they did with 100D/760D.

Let alone 4000D and 2000D, Canon has launched 1500D and 3000D here! I don't understand why Canon is bringing 4 models in entry-level segment. This will make targeted buyers confused.

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Let alone 4000D and 2000D, Canon has launched 1500D and 3000D here! I don't understand why Canon is bringing 4 models in entry-level segment. This will make targeted buyers confused.
Why so many names for the same camera?
2000D/1500D/T7 are all same.
3000D/4000D/T100 are all same.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ooh same names..are u sure ..T7 and 2000d i can understand
I didn't know 1500D and 3000D exist until I saw Cracing's post. Googled and learned that it's just different names. I don't know if they have any other names for Japan market, like Kiss X90 or something.
Source: Canon expands its mirrorless and DSLR line-up with three new cameras | TechRadar
Canon Announces the EOS Rebel 4000D, The Cheapest DSLR Ever? Will Come to North America as the EOS Rebel T100

CRACING

Journeyman
@nac

Hmm that makes sense. Canon 1500D and 3000D are launched here. Canon 2000D and 4000D coming soon for European Market. Canon T7 and T100 for USA. Kiss for Japan and so on. :banghead:

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The sony a7 III also just hit markets, its just amazing how much Sony ends up putting in each of its cameras. Check the reviews on youtube. People are going mad

The sony a7 III also just hit markets, its just amazing how much Sony ends up putting in each of its cameras. Check the reviews on youtube. People are going mad

To be honest...at the price which Sony is selling A7 mark 3, I guess it's time to forget about any other fullframe DSLR, Canon or otherwise.
Just look at the speed, dynamic range, autofocus and what not. To be honest, the only thing going for traditional DSLRs is the bulk, which otherwise is unnecessary if a person is even moderately careful with camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nope, the only thing going for traditional DSLR is the lenses one have already invested..will loose lot of money on lenses if I go Sony way.

*correction - for the first time buyer.
Nikon and Canon camp will stick to their existing system because of lenses. First time buyers into full frame can choose E-mount system over others, given how other companies are launching FE lenses.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer

So a half decent adapter allows you to move to the sony a7 mark III and still use your lenses amazingly well. This will get a lot of people to switch

raja manuel

In the zone
3.5K? Is that all? :D I bought a 430 EXII for 11.5K back in the day (I think it is about 18K now). It transformed my photography. I wish I could afford several of them.
Once you take the flash off camera, you enter a new world where you bend light to your will - create shadows how you want them, where you want them. The applications for a flash in photography are everywhere: wildlife, landscape, food, macro, architecture, still life, and of course, portrait.

If you are going to take a good shot at it, I would suggest you get a good flash system - one that can be controlled, not just triggered, from the camera and will support high speed sync and second curtain sync. That should cover all the bases for now. A light stand and shoot through umbrella should do to start with as modifieres, but those are relatively cheap, at least for a beginner.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Any suggestions on what i should get. Not willing to burn too much on it before i know how well I'll use it.

Also getting an ND filter (again an inexpensive one)

raja manuel

In the zone
In that case, a purely manual flash might be the cheap, if inconvenient, way to start. The only problem there is that you may be turned off by off camera flash because of how unreliable and cumbersome that particular model is to use, not because you don't have a use for it.
If you are willing to invest in a radio controlled setup, Yongnuo and Godox are the way to go at the budget end. Neither are officially available in India, as far as I am aware, so you are at the mercy of seller 'warranties'. They also seem quite expensive here, compared to the US (judging by the price difference between them and the Canon flashes).
In your case, you will have to find Sony compatible flashes which may take a bit more digging. Also, check if your body supports high speed sync and second curtain sync before investing in a flash and trigger that do.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
In that case, a purely manual flash might be the cheap, if inconvenient, way to start. The only problem there is that you may be turned off by off camera flash because of how unreliable and cumbersome that particular model is to use, not because you don't have a use for it.
If you are willing to invest in a radio controlled setup, Yongnuo and Godox are the way to go at the budget end. Neither are officially available in India, as far as I am aware, so you are at the mercy of seller 'warranties'. They also seem quite expensive here, compared to the US (judging by the price difference between them and the Canon flashes).
In your case, you will have to find Sony compatible flashes which may take a bit more digging. Also, check if your body supports high speed sync and second curtain sync before investing in a flash and trigger that do.
I agree, ideally would have wanted a TTL or at the min a lens that could be controlled through the commander. But this seems to be the only cheap option. Plus even with the sony TTL flashes just attaching them to a remote makes them dumb.

Or i buy 2 of these bad boys Sony HVL-F45RM Compact, Radio-Controlled Gn 45 Camera Flash with 1" Display, Black *www.amazon.in/dp/B06X15G199/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MVIZAbJZDA6EG which is super expensive

Guess this has to be the gamble then with the manual flash. Lets hope it works out well. Any tutorials, tips, hints, ideas will be most welcome

raja manuel

In the zone
And canon goes mad, makes a 50-1000 lens

Canon Says 'Let's Do It!' and Creates a $70,000 50-1000mm Beast of a Lens
You forgot the 4K and 1.5x teleconverter that extends the range to 1,500 mm :)

Not really mad. This is a cine lens for use with Canon's cine cameras (though it can also be used with DSLRs if you opt for the EF lens mount) that supports servo zoom. It is designed for wildlife videographers, like the footage you see on Planet Earth. The video in the link you shared explains why the request was received, and the results.

Additionally, this seems to just be the update of the lens. You can find a Canon videos from 2014 -
- that goes into great detail about what seems to be the previous version of this lens, so clearly not a one off. There must be demand for this or you won't be seeing an update. This is fascinating stuff and shows why Canon's lens ecosystem puts them in a formidable position.

I agree, ideally would have wanted a TTL or at the min a lens that could be controlled through the commander. But this seems to be the only cheap option. Plus even with the sony TTL flashes just attaching them to a remote makes them dumb.

Or i buy 2 of these bad boys Sony HVL-F45RM Compact, Radio-Controlled Gn 45 Camera Flash with 1" Display, Black *www.amazon.in/dp/B06X15G199/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MVIZAbJZDA6EG which is super expensive

Guess this has to be the gamble then with the manual flash. Lets hope it works out well. Any tutorials, tips, hints, ideas will be most welcome

Yeah, that is super expensive - and I suspect unnecessary as well. I will PM you my suggestions as I am not sure what the forum's rules are about posting links to other fora.

Top Bottom