Camera below 30k

sujoyp

Grand Master
I could suggest it from the start itself but we were talking about Grip and OVF, EVF,VR etc :)

Now you have lots n lots of choices at your budget :D

raja manuel

In the zone
To be honest I was thinking of stock photography in future; not for a living but for the experience of being on the same level as professionals and see how I grow as a photographer. The idea may seem a bit far fetched to some but I am a dreamer. I have read that the quality checks for the images are pretty stringent and maybe a bridge won't give "that" quality image.

Dreams are what put a man on the moon. Go for it!

I don't know much about stock photography but I would guess that it is lighting that matters the most (as the iPhone shoot showed).

Having said that, you've really earned my respect with your writing skills and that extra effort in explaining the stuff. Do you blog often?

Hey, thanks! That's quite a compliment. I am an occasional blogger.

So does that mean back to FZ200? Don't know, but I won't trouble you guys with my decision anymore. This has to be my decision.. Thanks Manuel, Sujoy and Pranav.
You are very welcome. Don't hesitate to trouble us, though; we learn a lot from this interaction :)

how about putting a m4/3 in to the selection mix

This is a good suggestion. You will have to check the specifications carefully as manufacturers are offering several features as accessories to be able to claim that the base model is very compact, and check availability of accessories in India (assuming you shop here).

OP
raj_55555

raj_55555

Journeyman
This is a good suggestion. You will have to check the specifications carefully as manufacturers are offering several features as accessories to be able to claim that the base model is very compact, and check availability of accessories in India (assuming you shop here).
I have seen it's available on ebay at aroun 32k, so yeah it may be an option.

@Pranav thanks buddy. If I am to get a DSLR I think I will get the D3200 (2nd hand) or d3100(new). Let's see.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I have seen it's available on ebay at aroun 32k, so yeah it may be an option.

@Pranav thanks buddy. If I am to get a DSLR I think I will get the D3200 (2nd hand) or d3100(new). Let's see.

I strongly suggest to go for canon 600d the best in class for entry level with amazing extension of lenses you could have. It all perception and as you wish but its my suggestion which i experienced.

Professor X

Broken In
I'm looking to get a DSLR. My budget is also under 30k. My friends have canon DSLR, so I'm also looking to get a canon model so that I can borrow lens with them.
How is this deal for Canon 600D? Canon EOS 600D SLR(Black, with Kit EF-S18-55mm IS II Lens)-Manufacturer Warranty | eBay

sujoyp

Grand Master
professor x if u and ur friend can exchange lenses in future then get a canon model...yes 600D is also very good...

that offer is good but he is not a power seller...soo see if u want to take risk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As sujoy suggested, get if from top seller. You can use coupons and get some more discount, try this seller

Professor X

Broken In
As sujoy suggested, get if from top seller. You can use coupons and get some more discount, try this seller

This seller has mentioned that 600D is without the lens kit. That one I mentioned above is bundled with EF-S18-55mm IS II lens.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
feedback rating of 98.2 vs 98.8, not much difference at all. And the guy has over 500 people recommending him, a number of them for cameras as well. I guess the guy is safe, and the price difference is good enough to warrant the slight risk. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah 600D is good for video recording...but dont forget to buy the canon STM lenses specially developed for video recording...they are silent and quick

Professor X

Broken In
yaah 600D is good for video recording...but dont forget to buy the canon STM lenses specially developed for video recording...they are silent and quick

As I can see 700D has been launched. So should I expect the price drop of 650D to come around 30k?

By comparing with Nikon D5100. I am sort of confused. :?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Price drop to 30k... May be by the end of 2014 :D

D5100 is good for photography, but not for video recording.

Professor X

Broken In
if video recording is even 20% important then too get canon...nikon lags in this

Tell me how great s video recording in Canon 600D? Does it records stereo sound and slow motion 240fps videos? How long a HD video can be recorded in it? Which lens come cheaper Nikkor or canon?

One more thing, how much is the price of an adapter that can make Canon lens compatible in Nikon DSLR?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Tell me how great s video recording in Canon 600D? Does it records stereo sound and slow motion 240fps videos? How long a HD video can be recorded in it?

For 240fps, you better have a budget thats much deeper than 30k, and probably better off buying dedicated video cameras. The best you can do with a 600D is the following:

• 1920 x 1080 (1080p, 16:9) @ 30/25/24 fps
• 1280 x 720 (720p, 16:9) @ 60/50 fps
• 640 x 480 (4:3) @ 60/50 fps
• Quicktime MOV format (H.264 compression, linear PCM audio)
• Up to 29 min 59 sec (or max file size 4 GB)

Camera captures mono, but you can capture streo with external microphones.

source: Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D Review: Digital Photography Review
also see: Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D Review: Digital Photography Review

Although this might interest you for casual needs:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbBMh4-NH-I

Top Bottom