Camera below 30k

Professor X

Broken In
This means by using Adobe After Effects any video recorded at 1920x1080 60fps can be converted into a slow motion video? I have nexus 4 that does record 1080p video. Does that capable to make slow motion video? Please answer other questions above.

Price drop to 30k... May be by the end of 2014 :D

D5100 is good for photography, but not for video recording.

I'm surprised to see that the price of 650D is more than new 700D. :shock:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
BTB, what's the purpose of buying this camera? It seems like you are leaning too much towards video than photography...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I really think u should check panasonic fz200 ...it have lot of video options and pic quality is also good .....it can record 1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 1280 x 720p (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 640 x 480 (240, 120, 30, 25 fps) with stereo sound..

The max I found in dslr is 60fps ...and remember u can not record more than 15mins in dslr...the sensor will heat up and if u regularly use it that way sensor may get damaged due to heat...

Professor X

Broken In
I really think u should check panasonic fz200 ...it have lot of video options and pic quality is also good .....it can record 1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 1280 x 720p (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 640 x 480 (240, 120, 30, 25 fps) with stereo sound..

The max I found in dslr is 60fps ...and remember u can not record more than 15mins in dslr...the sensor will heat up and if u regularly use it that way sensor may get damaged due to heat...

Not more than 15 minutes OMG! This is why nobody do video recording with DSLRs. For image quality I think D5100 with 18-55 kit is great deal for 29k. I want to know how much is the price of an adapter that can make Canon lens compatible in Nikon DSLR?

If we compare 600D to D5100 speed which one takes images more stabilized and faster in less time?

sujoyp

Grand Master
there is a reverse adapter for nikon lenses mount on canon...but havent heard what u wanted..
if lens is fast in focussing then its fast to click too...and sony have stabilisation in dslrs but nikon and canon have it on lenses.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Not more than 15 minutes OMG! This is why nobody do video recording with DSLRs. For image quality I think D5100 with 18-55 kit is great deal for 29k. I want to know how much is the price of an adapter that can make Canon lens compatible in Nikon DSLR?

If we compare 600D to D5100 speed which one takes images more stabilized and faster in less time?

Yes, that why you have video cameras. Why would they sell if DSLRs could do everything. You are looking at this wrong. Getting a Nikon camera snd then fitting Canon lenes on it because you like them is... weird (?/not very sound logic?)
The 600D is equal if not slightly better than the D5100 at the same price. Live view is faster in the Nikon by a small but observable margin whereas the regular focussing is faster on the 600D by again a noticeable margin in many cases (in some cases I found the 5100D unable lock/taking too much time to lock focus when the canon could do it in less than 2 seconds. Note that these were low light situations). AFAIK there is no noticeable difference in the stabilization of the two cameras.

Check out the fz200 like Sujoy suggested, its a wonderful camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The good thing in FZ200 is it can take nice slow motion in low light too if u want coz of f2.8

Professor X

Broken In
Yes, that why you have video cameras. Why would they sell if DSLRs could do everything. You are looking at this wrong. Getting a Nikon camera snd then fitting Canon lenes on it because you like them is... weird (?/not very sound logic?)
The 600D is equal if not slightly better than the D5100 at the same price. Live view is faster in the Nikon by a small but observable margin whereas the regular focussing is faster on the 600D by again a noticeable margin in many cases (in some cases I found the 5100D unable lock/taking too much time to lock focus when the canon could do it in less than 2 seconds. Note that these were low light situations). AFAIK there is no noticeable difference in the stabilization of the two cameras.

Check out the fz200 like Sujoy suggested, its a wonderful camera.

Yes fitting Canon lenes in Nikon DSLR is weird and illogical idea. But the point is my friends having Canon lenses, occasionally I will borrow canon lenes from them.

The good thing in FZ200 is it can take nice slow motion in low light too if u want coz of f2.8

How can a tiny censor of superzoom camera can take as good images as Canon 600D and Nikin D5100?

sujoyp

Grand Master
no it cant take as good as a dslr but nor DSLR can take as good as a video camera :D choice is urs

btw sony and canon r much better in video department in dslrs

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yes fitting Canon lenes in Nikon DSLR is weird and illogical idea. But the point is my friends having Canon lenses, occasionally I will borrow canon lenes from them.

How can a tiny censor of superzoom camera can take as good images as Canon 600D and Nikin D5100?

Okay, then get a Canon DSLR. TBH, one doesnt really shoot videos in Full HD (creative ones atleast) continuously for hours. Its shot in sections after a lot of planning and stuff like that. On the other hand , if your aim is to record family events and stuff then you dont really need the fine-controls afforded by a DSLR and will do much better with a proper handycam. If your interests are somewhere in between, then look at the fz200

Btw, just got reminded of the sony A series of DSLRs. We, people here generally dont recommend it for the simple reason that they dont have a optical viewfinder. But they are definitely the fastest focusing Live-view cameras I have seen. So fast that they are nearly as fast as the other DSLRs' regular focusing. Might want to take a look at the A37.

Professor X

Broken In
Okay, then get a Canon DSLR. TBH, one doesnt really shoot videos in Full HD (creative ones atleast) continuously for hours. Its shot in sections after a lot of planning and stuff like that. On the other hand , if your aim is to record family events and stuff then you dont really need the fine-controls afforded by a DSLR and will do much better with a proper handycam. If your interests are somewhere in between, then look at the fz200

Btw, just got reminded of the sony A series of DSLRs. We, people here generally dont recommend it for the simple reason that they dont have a optical viewfinder. But they are definitely the fastest focusing Live-view cameras I have seen. So fast that they are nearly as fast as the other DSLRs' regular focusing. Might want to take a look at the A37.

Ok! I understand. The DSLR can't be used a some handycam. This is why handycams are made. Now forget the shooting videos. My main motive is photography that performs great blur free, sharp and great picture quality in low-light. If I am spending so much I want something future proof like DSLR in which I can learn photography and in future, buy some other lenses in future.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Ok! I understand. The DSLR can't be used a some handycam. This is why handycams are made. Now forget the shooting videos. My main motive is photography that performs great blur free, sharp and great picture quality in low-light. If I am spending so much I want something future proof like DSLR in which I can learn photography and in future, buy some other lenses in future.

My take would be a 600D (if you can find it under 30k and not more than 2k pricier than a D5100) with stock lens + 50 mm prime. I am adding the 50mm prime ONLY because you might be disappointed by the low light performance of the stock lens.

Although my prime suggestion would be that you buy the DSLR, shoot pics ONLY using the stock lens in the manual mode, this is to get acquainted with the camera (especially the info within the optical viewfinder) and its idiosyncrasies and more importantly to learn the art of composition and stuff like that. Its only when you are constrained by your gear that you realise how to get the best out of them and appreciate the reason why other lenses or stuff like that exist. This is just my take on photography, but one I strongly advocate to anyone new to photography/DSLRs. The habits that you form early here stay with you till the end. Better gear may or may not give visibly better results, but you can be sure as hell that a better photographer can beat the crap out of a mediocre one with infinite money/gear. :)

Also take a look here:
CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah pranav is right....get a 50mm lens for photography and video recording...its fast in focussing then 18-55 and have great low light capabilities

Professor X

Broken In
Since it is my first DSLR. Should I get without lens (body only) and get 50mm lens or get it with 18-55mm. I read many places the performance of 18-55mm doesn't clarify how great is the DSLR.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Nope. It is a very good lens, just that there are better lenses out there. Start with the 18-55 kit lens. I still use it as my only lens after 6 months. :)

If you would not mind some self promotion, every single one of the pictures in my Flickr set were taken with the 18-55 stock :D

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
18-55 is a good wide angle lens....if used properly it can give good pictures...I used it for 2 years but now shifted to tamron 17-50 ..although I still miss the VR on 18-55

Professor X

Broken In
Ok, l cleared all my queries and decided I've to get a DSLR camera with 18-55mm lens kit. The only thing I have to decide whether to get Nikon D5100 or Canon 600D. On the papers D5100 is superior. It has inbuilt HDR feature too just like my Nexus 4 phone. It really improves the finale image quality of the picture. Canon lacks this feature.

Both of them costing me about 29k rupees.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Ok, l cleared all my queries and decided I've to get a DSLR camera with 18-55mm lens kit. The only thing I have to decide whether to get Nikon D5100 or Canon 600D. On the papers D5100 is superior. It has inbuilt HDR feature too just like my Nexus 4 phone. It really improves the finale image quality of the picture. Canon lacks this feature.

Both of them costing me about 29k rupees.

Since your friends have Canon I recommend the 600D. Also because the D5100 isnt any cheaper. so :)

Top Bottom