pussy cat.

Men grow cold as girls grow old,
And we all lose our charms in the end.
But square-cut or pear-shaped,
These rocks don't lose their shape.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend!

'Cause we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You can buy almost anything with money but not what you actually want. I still remember my childhood days when I used to buy ice creams and other fruits in exchange with handful of wheat seeds in my village during summer vacations. Life was never so harmonious.

More the money, more the misery in heart. Money engender all kind of evils. Just look at next door itself.

But then again I relish some unconditional love and care too.

Here is one nice video that pretty much reflect the fake world today:
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lJ_wcAzwo

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
When you know that you know who you love, you can't deny it.
Or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it.
When it's clear this time you've found the one, you'll never let him go
Cos you know and you know that you know.

When you feel in your skin in your bones and the hollow
Of your heart, there's no way you can wait till tomorrow.
When there isn't any doubt about it once you come this close
Cos you know and you know that you know.

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/23.png <3

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The night is young (for insomniacs anyway). Let the fun begin.

@pimpom
Here is something more
You can buy almost anything with money but not what you actually want.........<snipped>........
The Beatles were just kidding of course. Another common saying about money "Money is the root of all evil" is actually a misquote from the Bible. What the Bible says is "The love of money if the root of all evil" - an entirely different thing.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Me still here ..... listening to Slipknot songs :).

Is no-one there ?? Me is |}0r3|) :|...............:|

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

The Beatles were just kidding of course. Another common saying about money "Money is the root of all evil" is actually a misquote from the Bible. What the Bible says is "The love of money if the root of all evil" - an entirely different thing.
So its the cravings and desire of man !
*www.calicocat.com/2004/05/is-money-root-of-all-evil.html

Its the Second noble truth in Buddhism. The truth of Origin of Suffering.

There is this one quote from a movie:
Lust awakens the desire to possess. And that awakens the intent to murder

Here is one special song, quite similar to the Beatles era:
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVM-jGNn04

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

1. Money is the root of all evil.
2. The love of money is the root of all evil.

Here's mine; The love is the root of all evil. :twisted: :D :rolleyes:

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
aah. philosophical discussions today I see.

Money is the root of all evil is akin to saying food leads to gluttony. Love of food leads to gluttony. And even that is wrong. Uncontrolled love of food leads to gluttony.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
1. Money is the root of all evil.
2. The love of money is the root of all evil.

Here's mine; The love is the root of all evil. :twisted: :D :rolleyes:
got it all wrong...huh
if it weren't for love...we never made it to this night.

Love is all around. Believe me it is the one thing that I like most and inspiration for me.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
So its the cravings and desire of man !
*www.calicocat.com/2004/05/is-money-root-of-all-evil.html
I happened to read that very page even before you gave the link. The guy missed the point by trying to argue that money is not evil. Heck, no sane person claims that money itself is evil. Even in its shortened form, the saying states that money is the ROOT of all evil, not that money is evil.

Then the guy tries to strengthen his point by saying that there are sources of evil other than (love of) money. Again he's missing it by taking the term "all" too literally. This is just a figure of speech. Like a writer talking about seeing a million stars in the sky, or a young man saying that his girl is his whole life. I wanted to leave a comment, but it was for members only.

Oh yeah, ilugd, we seem to be in the mood for waxing philosophy tonight. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I R SATAN ...so i dont have interest in philosophy, but anyways, u guys continue.

I R G01ng To Sl33p.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I happened to read that very page even before you gave the link. The guy missed the point by trying to argue that money is not evil. Heck, no sane person claims that money itself is evil. Even in its shortened form, the saying states that money is the ROOT of all evil, not that money is evil.

Then the guy tries to strengthen his point by saying that there are sources of evil other than (love of) money. Again he's missing it by taking the term "all" too literally. This is just a figure of speech. Like a writer talking about seeing a million stars in the sky, or a young man saying that his girl is his whole life. I wanted to leave a comment, but it was for members only.

Oh yeah, ilugd, we seem to be in the mood for waxing philosophy tonight. :)
I am stumped :p
Life is just too complicated, dunno where it all started. its like the big bang. No signs of stopping.

One thing that I noticed is that when I have money I kind of behave very different and narrow minded. But now as I lay in my bed without a penny to spend, I kind of feel blissful and don't want to see my wallet again. But then how long ?

Back few years I was on a PC upgrade spree, call it obsession or anything. I was like if any new thing comes to market, i must be the first to get it. Of course my dad always pleaded to buy those things. But now when I think about it, its was just stupid of me. I could've easily managed without them.

A person becomes more wise and mature at about 20-21, dunno if I will become more wise after 21 or more business alike ? But I will try to be nice if not saint.

Name, fame, boundaries and ambitions make people sick. Am happy to be an average joe than a successful man.

And yes, best things do come for free (without any side-effect).

PS: I talk nonsense sometimes, never-mind *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/70.png

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
^^ well, satisfaction of selfish desires is not evil as long as you don't harm others IMHO. But since I work in a church, their logic is that if you are catering to your selfish desires, you are depriving someone else of your altruism, so that is evil too. It is all a matter of taste anyway. There is no one true answer. I personally think, that money like all other things can be for both good or evil.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
What? No new post at all tonight? I had to go out for an emergency work at 11 pm (a close friend was having problems with the audio system he's going to use for a TV quiz show the day after tomorrow). I came back at 4 am and none of you had any nonsense to share in this thread during all that time? Shame on you all.

Top Bottom