Calling All Harry Potter Fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
ok bhai log bahut jagada ho gaya. ab bas bhi karo.

WAISE HP ROCKS N IS THE BEST BOOK :mrgreen:

shaunak

Tux Fan
champ_rock said:
Dumbledore will definately come back and Snape will turn out to be loyal to the Order in the end :)

Then it will be just like those saas bahu sagas.

Maybe they can then name it:
HARRY POTTER
Kyuki Dumbledore bhi khabi mara tha.​

-----------------------------------------------------
Which operating system does ekta kkkkapόr€. use?

Kubuntu

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

QUITE FUNNY!! :mrgreen: n sig to!! :mrgreen:

by the way as i already said above DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD BUT HE IS IN BOOK 7 IN SOME FORM!!! it may be the headmasters' portrait

faraaz

Evil Genius
Dumbledore is dead...but it is more complicated than that...

Sirius is dead...but it was very important that he die...

Deathly Hallows...consecrated ground being important to story plot...

Hmmm, is it just me or is it starting to sound like JKR is setting up a Dead Souls vs. Voldemort, ala Priori Incantatem? In fact, this was already done with a particular fanfic...lemme see if I can find the link...

*www.fanfiction.net/s/2140869/29/ ... its the ending for a fanfic I'd read a while ago...

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

^^^ Yeah HOW Will Harry N Voldy Fight Each Other Coz Each Time They Will Force Their Wands To Duel Then It Will Lead To Priori Icantatem.........:?: :?: :?: :?:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Well no, Priori Icantatem will only happen if they use their wands exactly at the same moment. So if Harry can somehow cast a spell without Voldy noticing it, there will be no priori icantatem.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I'm not saying it will be same priori incantatem...but something LIKE that...all those dead souls will be playing a part in the final battle, is all I'm saying. Otherwise, its hard to imagine why Sirius' death was important to books number 6 & 7...and Sirius was absent from book 6...

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

I WAS JUST THINKIN :idea: WAT WILL HAPPEN IF SOME1 MAKE A HORCRUX N THROWS IT INSIDE THE VEIL OF THE DEATH CHAMBER IN MINISTERY OF MAGIC:?: :?: WILL THE HORCRUX WILL BE DESTROYED ITSELF:?: OR WILL NOTHIN WILL HAPPEN TO IT:?: AS IT IS NOT A LIVIN THING.:!: :!:
n if HORCRUX WONT BE DESTROYED:!: :!: THEN HOW CAN ANY ONE KILL THE PERSON WHOSE HORCRUX HAS BEEN THROWN IN THE VEIL COZ NO CAN GO INSIDE THE VEIL BEING ALIVE.:shock: :shock:

thus the person can become IMMORTAL

so IF Jo SAYS THAT THERE WAS REASON FOR SIRIUS TO DIE IT MEANS ONE HORCRUX MAY BE INSIDE THE VEIL N SIRIUS MAY HELP HARRY FROM THERE.

SO i think is that harry will hav to goto the dead's world tru that VEIL to destroy the horcrux BY TAKIN THE HELP OF SIRIUS.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I don't pre-order books...its much cheaper to buy them from lesser known bookstores who offer heavy discounts to boost sales post-release.

There's this one little shop on Church Street, Bangalore which offers upto 50% off 2 weeks or so after HP release...

faraaz

Evil Genius
@aryayush: Just because I buy it two weeks after release, what makes you think I'm not going to read it within half an hour of its release? :twisted:

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

faraaz said:
@aryayush: Just because I buy it two weeks after release, what makes you think I'm not going to read it within half an hour of its release? :twisted:

YEAH!! quite right coz we dont discuss that on DIGIT FORUM but we all know the best way to read the book WITHOUT THE BOOK :shock: n sometimes even before release :D :D :D

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Yes Perfectly..... I will read it as soon as it get sca**ed. (*=n). Some sca**ers are my Yahoo friends u know.. :D :D:D And it will take about just 2 hour...
But reading before release. I don't think this time.. :-(

Quite a nice thread .... i wonder y i missed it ........ as my forum name suggests .... Even I am a big fan of HP........and i totally agree with quiz master that wat a casual reader (no offence to u quiz master ) looks for in a book is ENTERTAINMENT.....and its a fact that HP books are certainly entertaining ( u know the fan base ). Also i always feel a connection with HP while reading it and i am not alone who feels like it ........the beauty of JKR's wrting is that ppl like me can easily relate ourselves to the magical world of HP, and its a major reason for its popularity ...... So no point in arguing over "THE BEST BOOK" .....as different minds have different interpretation for Entertainment...

coming to the movie-line ...till the 3rd book it was easy to mould the story and carve out the script for movie ....but the 4th part was a bit lengthy to be fitted in a 2 hour movie and so are the rest of the parts ....cant think how can they make a 2.5 hr movie for the 5th book ......its just kiling the soul of the story( i knw souls are immortal ) .... anyways they are good to watch as a standalone Fantasy movie .... not in relation with the book ...but as they say -- > "INSPIRED" by it. Not much time left now ... so just wait and watch ...wats in the store now !!!!!!!!!!!!

karmanya

Journeyman
i dunno why, but ive gotten bored of the entire HP series.
i recently re read all of them, and found them incredibly corny. the only thing i liked is the endings of all the books. maybe im thinking too much but i think you notice how harry's character evolves and how his perception of voldemort changes.
I somehow liked the fact that dumbledore is dead though i would have preferred it if someone else had killed him. I mean the entire Snape is evil was way to predictable.
My favorite bit in all the books was Dumbledore's funeral
edit- srry i didn't see the previous posts, but guys u think Tolkien is hard? try Machiavelli's The Prince or Beowulf, for some nice character portrayals read Shakespeare.
that being said LOTR is one of the immersive series ever created. the depth, the detail, it is just phenomenal.
I agree Bartimaeus and the Inheritance trilogies are amazing
dont know how a 16 yr old did it.
also faraaz; just because u kill someone off doesnt mean the fan's will leave u in peace you know Conan Doyle actually killed of holmes, in one of his books but the outrage was so widespread he had to continue them.
i guess if i were a consumer(which i am) i would choose LOTR but if i were a publisher i would choose HP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom