Calling All Harry Potter Fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
why do u want to kill harry. n if he is not a HORCRUX then does it mean that he cant die?

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ if u r a regular visitior to any of the harry potter forums or communities, u will understand that harry is not a horcrux and why he will die.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Well he won't die. It will defeat the purpose of good winning over Evil.
If harry dies then it will mean that there is no good in doing good. :D

But if he chooses death for himself after defeating Voldy. Well in that case....
NO COMMENTS.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Quiz_Master said:
Well he won't die. It will defeat the purpose of good winning over Evil.
If harry dies then it will mean that there is no good in doing good. :D

But if he chooses death for himself after defeating Voldy. Well in that case....
NO COMMENTS.
This case will arise (probably never) only if he loses everyone close to him. Why would else he choose death.

As for the purpose of good winning over evil is concerned it has nothing to do with harry dying. dumby once told in the 6th book that there is something more worse than death. its related to something with the door in the ministry which they could not open. so what matters is voldemort's fall not harry's life.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Why hate fans?
Its the FAN base who made something great. If its because not of fans you probably never have heard of books. Cause fans made these books famous. Else there are 100s of books like potter. But they are not recognised just because no large fan base.
Fans are everything. Be a writer and you will know the importance of FANs.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Quiz_Master said:
^^ Why hate fans?
Its the FAN base who made something great. If its because not of fans you probably never have heard of books. Cause fans made these books famous. Else there are 100s of books like potter. But they are not recognised just because no large fan base.
YEAH quite right thing. i started readin harry potter books since 16th aug 2005(that was my birthday then:D :D ) n i would hav not started readin it unless all mine hostel friends would hav not been discussin abt harry potter day n night in front of me n forced me too read it too. now i a mad fan of harry. even greater than those of mine friends who forced me too read it.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pratyush

Broken In
yeah, it's us who have made harry potter famous. every new hp book sells more than the previous one in the series. this really shows that it all depends on us fans.

J.K. Rowling shud start thinking of paying all her fans for making hp successful.he..he..he

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Quiz_Master said:
^^ Why hate fans?

I don't hate fans in general. I hate Harry Potter fans. They go gaga over forgetting a name .. and the hype? Don't ask .. :rolleyes:

Just read some better trilogies like Bartimaeus or Inheritance to know just how bad HP is .. But its not bad that JK's still writing it for kids, just saying she should make the book as per her character's age or near it.

You fans just talk facts of the book and keep spilling theories and etc, never look at the writing or language, most of the fans anyway. And to make your post correct, there aren't 100s of books like HP, there are 100s of books better than HP.

I just don't know why some people just get stuck to one read alone. It might be the movie attention perhaps.

I'd rather like good criticism than a kiddish fan base promoting my writings. Fans should be of the author, not the book, get that right. ;)

faraaz

Evil Genius
Harry is definitely going to die...because JK Rowling has confirmed only 7 books and confirmed furthermore, that NO more HP books after book 7! And have you seen the rabid fans out there? They're not going to leave her alone. QED...she kills Harry, no more harassment. Furthermore, after she's finished, the publishers can't sell the rights and stuff to have a third party write HP stories, like it happened with Tolkien's things...his son wrote a continuation to some story of his IIRC...its selling in bookstores right now.

So yeah, its not a story based reason, but real life one...HP is gonna die!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
krazyfrog said:
For e.g. in the book Dobby have harry the gillyweed that made him breathe underwater but in the movie they showed Neville giving it to Harry.
Though I agree with you that the movies mutilate the specifics of the plot in the books and "take too much of cinematic liberty", the example you gave is not the best one. Dobby is a CG character and it is not advisable to spend a lot of time, money and effort to re-create a character just for a five second, irrelevant cameo in the movie. Neville giving him the potion did not make the movie any different from the book. :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
caje143 said:
Hey fun2sh,

just popped in to say a hi :D

well i too am a harry potter fan dude.. but not very much... i have watched just 4 parts of the movie and neva read any of the books..

so whats this 7th Book got?? whats it about?

Man!You gotta read the books. Its the books which defines the series , not the films. Films are way inferior than books.

Pratyush

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
Just read some better trilogies like Bartimaeus or Inheritance to know just how bad HP is .. But its not bad that JK's still writing it for kids, just saying she should make the book as per her character's age or near it.

You fans just talk facts of the book and keep spilling theories and etc, never look at the writing or language, most of the fans anyway. And to make your post correct, there aren't 100s of books like HP, there are 100s of books better than HP.

I just don't know why some people just get stuck to one read alone. It might be the movie attention perhaps.

I'd rather like good criticism than a kiddish fan base promoting my writings. Fans should be of the author, not the book, get that right. ;)

the thing that matters for a good fiction is not its language but its plot, storyline and how the author makes his/her world believable. hp succeeds in every one of these aspects and the world of Hogwarts is presented in exquisite detail (u will not find any, i repeat any book in this world or even universe presented in such detail).

Regarding jo's language and writing style, it's excellent and suits perfectly.

and what's wrong if one keeps on spilling theory upon theory. THIS IS WHAT MAKES HP DIFFERENT.

there are many things about hp which u will not find in other books. and all HP FANS know it.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
:cool:Re: Calling All Harry Potter Fans!!

QwertyManiac said:
I don't hate fans in general. I hate Harry Potter fans. They go gaga over forgetting a name .. and the hype? Don't ask .. :rolleyes:

I have readed countless novels mate. Inheritence too. I got interested in reading just after completing HP books. To spend time u know. Waiting for new books.
And never found a book better then HP. I even got bored reading Lord of the Rings. But HP is different.
I started reading when first movie came out. I have heard lot about it but missed it because of exams. Later I got the books from library.
Readed all in one sitting (yeah one sitting.:D)

After that I readed almost 120 novels till that. The only other I found interesting was Resident Evil Series novels. And after that Original Dracula.
And "A christmas Carol." was also good. But not better then HP.
Name a single book which is better then HP and have more large fan base then HP.
So you see. You are not alone who does reading.

And being a fan of a Book or fictional character shows that how much powerfull that character is.

My all friends know about Sherlock Holmes, but 90% of them donnt know the name of writer. See the power of Character....:cool: :cool:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Pratyush said:
(u will not find any, i repeat any book in this world or even universe presented in such detail).

Regarding jo's language and writing style, it's excellent and suits perfectly.

and what's wrong if one keeps on spilling theory upon theory. THIS IS WHAT MAKES HP DIFFERENT.

there are many things about hp which u will not find in other books. and all HP FANS know it.

:rolleyes: Ever read the Middle Earth stories of J.R.R Tolkein? Guess not .. Cause nothing has ever got more detailed than that. JK did what? Create a 'magical' school. J.R.R created an entire planet with his own races and background to each of them. You are an avid reader? :confused: HP's just pathetic towards its depth.

JK's language suits kids and early teens, not mature readers, though her characters have grown up to that level. Am not saying its bad, its just not deep enough. Its the language that makes you engrossed in the book, its not like the movies where the dialogue matters, its about the way a character is detailed and described. And theories are simply a waste of time and in the end, of course, a disappointment to you all.

What am saying is, just simply dont stick on to the HP series, there are tons and tons of other books you are better off reading than reading just this one Heptalogy. Heck, even Artemis Fowl books are much more entertaining than HP. And even the Doomspell Trilogy IMO.

And about "the thing that matters for a good fiction is not its language but its plot, storyline and how the author makes his/her world believable."

That's again possible only via the language now isn't it? :lol: The bigger your vocabulary gets, the better you write. Imagination just helps along, like a table lamp.

Quiz_Master said:
I have readed countless novels mate. Inheritence too. I got interested in reading just after completing HP books. To spend time u know. Waiting for new books.
And never found a book better then HP. I even got bored reading Lord of the Rings. But HP is different.
I started reading when first movie came out. I have heard lot about it but missed it because of exams. Later I got the books from library.
Readed all in one sitting (yeah one sitting.:D)

After that I readed almost 120 novels till that. The only other I found interesting was Resident Evil Series novels. And after that Original Dracula.
And "A christmas Carol." was also good. But not better then HP.
Name a single book which is better then HP and have more large fan base then HP.
So you see. You are not alone who does reading.

And being a fan of a Book or fictional character shows that how much powerfull that character is.

My all friends know about Sherlock Holmes, but 90% of them donnt know the name of writer. See the power of Character....:cool: :cool:

You mean they don't know Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? Ah well, keep away from them!

Reading as fast as you can is plain stupid. You should take your time imagining instead of creating eye scan records. LOTR was boring, agreed, it depends from people to people, but that doesn't make HP the best of them all, in any terms.

I didn't say that I am the only one reading a lot here, there are much more avid readers than me, and most way saner than to be a fan. That's my point all along.

Knowing is different than having read the book. They haven't read Sherlock Holmes, so they wouldn't know. You've read Harry Potter and hail HP more than the author herself. Thats way too dangerous for a writer, if she/he needs a future.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Qwerty_Maniac: From a neutral standpoint, I can very easily see that you are more interested in quality literature whereas Quiz_Master is more of a casual reader who looks to books solely for entertainment.

Nothing wrong with either viewpoint though...so I don't see what the point of argument is.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
QwertyManiac said:
:rolleyes: Ever read the Middle Earth stories of J.R.R Tolkein? Guess not .. Cause nothing has ever got more detailed than that. JK did what? Create a 'magical' school. J.R.R created an entire planet with his own races and background to each of them. You are an avid reader? :confused: HP's just pathetic towards its depth.

JK's language suits kids and early teens, not mature readers, though her characters have grown up to that level. Am not saying its bad, its just not deep enough. Its the language that makes you engrossed in the book, its not like the movies where the dialogue matters, its about the way a character is detailed and described. And theories are simply a waste of time and in the end, of course, a disappointment to you all.

What am saying is, just simply dont stick on to the HP series, there are tons and tons of other books you are better off reading than reading just this one Heptalogy. Heck, even Artemis Fowl books are much more entertaining than HP. And even the Doomspell Trilogy IMO.

And about "the thing that matters for a good fiction is not its language but its plot, storyline and how the author makes his/her world believable."

That's again possible only via the language now isn't it? :lol: The bigger your vocabulary gets, the better you write. Imagination just helps along, like a table lamp.

I allready told ya I readed them. OK JRRs work is more detailed but think again.
Why do we read Novels. For fun. Surely we are not getting some general knowledge thingy from these fictional novels.
I mean to say JRRs novels maybe be entertaining years ago. But now HP is here. We want entertainment dood. And JRRs novels fails do give us that.

Lets talk about only me.

What I need in a novel.

1.) Good storyline with suspense and humour and thrill.. Means a masala.
HP have it, Lord Series or any other havn't.
2.) Easy Language : I am a Hindi Medium guy. I read novels just for fun not to improve my english. For that I better use a dictionary.
HP series has very easy language. OK i dont even ha\/e little bit problem understanding Lord series or any other book. I am able to read some advance Shakespear works too, and they have most wierd english I ever readed.
But still HP wins. For there are countless other people whose english is not good.
3.) Attachment : When you read something and you can feel it, then you know that you are reading something much different then others.
I feel attached with series. I felt like I have some part of HP in me. I never felt this way for frodo or any other character. I can relate myself with HP.

You said language is importent for Books.
I disagree. As long as we are getting and understanding what autor wants us to understand,, the book is good.

Author write books not to show that they are Vocab guru or grammer guru. They write to show you their thoughts.
And guess what,, To read HP you dont have to be a PHD in litreture but to read and understand JRRs work .... You gotta be kidding 75% of my friend will throw those books after reading just 3-4 pages.

We want fun, we dont want to spend 5 minutes reading and then 10 minutes understanding it:D

Edit. : OK why are we arguing. Faraaz is right. i m more of a casual reader. Just want fun.

And sorry. I got a bit angry. You see I am loyal to Harry Potter. :D

Well I think my Harry Bukhar will be gone as soon as I read final book.
After that I will be fan of something else. :D

faraaz

Evil Genius
Quiz_Master said:
I mean to say JRRs novels maybe be entertaining years ago. But now HP is here. We want entertainment dood. And JRRs novels fails do give us that.

BLASPHEMY!!!! Tolkien is the GOD of fantasy! DUDE! What are you saying!!??!

Quiz_Master said:
Lets talk about only me.

What I need in a novel.

1.) Good storyline with suspense and humour and thrill.. Means a masala.
HP have it, Lord Series or any other havn't.
2.) Easy Language : I am a Hindi Medium guy. I read novels just for fun not to improve my english. For that I better use a dictionary.
HP series has very easy language. OK i dont even ha\/e little bit problem understanding Lord series or any other book. I am able to read some advance Shakespear works too, and they have most wierd english I ever readed.
But still HP wins. For there are countless other people whose english is not good.
3.) Attachment : When you read something and you can feel it, then you know that you are reading something much different then others.
I feel attached with series. I felt like I have some part of HP in me. I never felt this way for frodo or any other character. I can relate myself with HP.

Agree with all points except 1...Lord of the Rings has a LOT of masala...but yeah, the language can put some people off, so I don't blame you, especially when you are a casual reader, unlike some rabid fans!! :)

Quiz_Master said:
You said language is importent for Books.
I disagree. As long as we are getting and understanding what autor wants us to understand,, the book is good.

Author write books not to show that they are Vocab guru or grammer guru. They write to show you their thoughts.
And guess what,, To read HP you dont have to be a PHD in litreture but to read and understand JRRs work .... You gotta be kidding 75% of my friend will throw those books after reading just 3-4 pages.

We want fun, we dont want to spend 5 minutes reading and then 10 minutes understanding it:D

@Qwerty_Maniac: Like I said...casual reader here!! But Quiz_Master bhai, you are seriously missing out if you are not liking Lord of the Rings...

@Quiz_Master: Out of interest, do you read any HP fanfiction at all?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Quiz_Master said:
I read novels just for fun not to improve my english. For that I better use a dictionary.

And guess what,, To read HP you dont have to be a PHD in litreture but to read and understand JRRs work ....

@Quiz_Master .. These two points owned me. Read more HP now, good luck. (With the dictionaries, of course)

@faraaz - Hehe, I just said I dont like fans of a book, and then someone started the war of fans being the success to the selling of the book and here we go, cause that was just not healthy :D Its a hot boring afternoon :D

faraaz said:
@Qwerty_Maniac: Like I said...casual reader here!! But Quiz_Master bhai, you are seriously missing out if you are not liking Lord of the Rings...

Don't you see, I wanna promote the other books too :D Hell, I loved the Bartimaeus Trilogy when I were two years younger! :D

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Never said I didn't liked JRRs.
I said I got bored of it first time.
But after watching I again got interest. And readed them all. And liked them.
(Still I like HP better. :D)

and I realized I was being rude.
Edited that post.
Sorry for taht.
Edit.

Arre. Sorry bola naa :D
Post bhi edit kar dii.. :D

Serously.

And just got the thought.
You will call a person who has readed more then 120 books. (lost count after that. Maybe 136-138 now.) a casual reader. Tell me how many books I read to be a Hardcore reader.

## Qwerty Boy. U said reading fast is stupid.I agree, but thought I should tell you.. I readed first three HP books in one sitting, And it took me 3 days. Yes 3 days. So i think i readed them pretty slow.
(Dont tell my parent now but I readed them even when I was in Bathroom.) ## Didn't sleeped. But thats normal for me. I can avoid sleep for 4-5 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom