Call of Duty : Ghosts

heidi2521

Padawan
Re: Call of Duty : Ghosts announced

Yup. Nothing can be as revolutionary as a fish having a larger collider that is triggered on contact with the proximity collider(or whatever it is called) of a human and thus repulsed.

They just applied anti corner snag to fish and replaced the wall with people. Nothing can beat that.

After COD MW1, I didn't liked any COD. Either they focus too much on one thing, or they don't focus at all.

abhidev

Human Spambot

All of those who hate COD...you have all the rights to not play the next COD title...

heidi2521

Padawan

My head hurts man.

It's not "rocket science" ;)

Along with the usual collision mesh(complex, for contact, usually a decimated model) and hitboxes(simple - complex depending on the game, for calculating damage), you also have a third collider that determines whether you are in close proximity to another person/ thing. This one is usually very simple, most often nothing more than a cylinder. This one does nothing to the character itself(i.e. stop movement, detect damage etc.) but when it collides with another one of these, it acts like a trigger causing the NPC to react or starts a mission or a scripted event etc.

Eg. When you approach a person in a game, they move away before you are in bodily contact with them because your collider and their collider came in contact, or when a mission is triggered as you approach a spot, because your collider came in contact with the collider responsible for the start of the mission.

It could even be used to start battles in games with a separate battle screen when you are close enough to the enemy.

In this particular case when your collider comes in contact with the fishes collider it sends a signal(or rather makes a function call) modifying the fishes path (in case of a fixed path) or directly modifying the velocity (in case of non fixed paths) to move away from the human.

Also, "Sub-D" rendering:

OG model:

*i.imgur.com/yOv3A22h.png

Camera Setup:

*i.imgur.com/TtkeHywh.png

Actual Rendering:

*i.imgur.com/SGWbrDDh.png

Polycount is low and an edge loop is incomplete because this is just a first stage prototype :)

So advanced!!!

cyborg47

Technomancer

Oh. Come on. I simplified and explained it to him in detail so that it would be easier to understand, not to make it harder or to kill his head.

You're either Vickybat's brother, or himself using two accounts :p :p

heidi2521

Padawan

^Seriously, don't compare me to him. Unlike him I know what I'm talking about and don't post BS like "HSA is nothing but a programming model", call tech demos full games, post broken FSMs in an attempt to discredit a person and resort to ad hominem attacks, claim that it isn't ad hominem in the next post and then comprehensively explain that he is resorting to ad hominem to discredit the person and his post, ask other people to stay away from arguments in a public discussion forum because they are pointing out his BS etc.

In a separate thread, do tell me what you didn't understand and I'll try to explain it to you :)

abhidev

Human Spambot

^We also have the right to play it and criticize it, or as you fans call, "hate" it.

when you know its gonna be the same shitty game(with same old formula used over n over again)....why bother even playing it ???:|

cyborg47

Technomancer

^Seriously, don't compare me to him. Unlike him I know what I'm talking about and don't post BS like "HSA is nothing but a programming model", call tech demos full games, post broken FSMs in an attempt to discredit a person and resort to ad hominem attacks, claim that it isn't ad hominem in the next post and then comprehensively explain that he is resorting to ad hominem to discredit the person and his post, ask other people to stay away from arguments in a public discussion forum because they are pointing out his BS etc.

In a separate thread, do tell me what you didn't understand and I'll try to explain it to you :)

okay okay. I'm not comparing, but you two are similar ;)

when you know its gonna be the same shitty game(with same old formula used over n over again)....why bother even playing it ???:|

When you can accept the positives, accept the negatives too. Its not like we're spoiling the game for you or anything, you'd still enjoy the f out of the game without giving a damn about others' opinions ;)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

I just noticed that a really intelligent creature said that Valve isn't famous for visual fidelity and graphics. :rolleyes:

Sir, have you heard of a wee little game that released in 2004, alongside another great game from a very famous developer?

Please tell me that this game brought nothing special to the table visually. After that, our favourite developer again released games in 2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011 and 2012.

Please tell me that these were anomalies in Valve's history.:confused:

In short,
*i.minus.com/ibeEzx7P1Wiqnv.gif

@Cyborg: See reply on dead5 in OT thread. Also, if you're still confused about what Dead5 explained, I can (hopefully) simplify it. So let me know if you want me to.

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

To "hate" it?

So CoD fanboys are not that blind after-all, they agree CoD's shitty but still they play.... OK.

P.S. No offense to you, I'm not pointing at you. So don't get all angry...

EDIT: Err... forget it. If you like it, play it and love it. To each his own. Not worth fighting over a video game or any game for that matter. Peace. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom