Call of Duty : Black Ops Discussion thread

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If stuttering in the sense.. Frame rate hitting zero for a brief moment... and picking up again. I am not facing any stuttering problems. But the Low FPS count is what bothering me. And, I've tried your recommendations.. It is still lags at times.. sometimes like 20FPS. I have to update the game now.

I'm on Vietnam level now, Except the obvious frames issue, I have few complaints about the game.

First.. its stupid friendly AI. They are constantly coming in my way when i am shooting. And they are yelling "watch your file" where i should be the one yelling "You are blocking my shots". And some times.. issues with cover, While I am standing at some place taking cover.. those idiots run towards me pushing me out of the cover leaving me open to take bullets(this was irritating and fun at the same time..LOL).

Second,saving system. While checkpoints are placed in a acceptable way, the way the game saved couple of my checkpoints are funny and irritating at the same time.. Once when a hot grenade was about to explode in 2 seconds or something.. and the other while I am almost dying taking bullets from enemies.

And third, the difficulty. It is inconsistent. I'm playing in veteran mode. And AI is as foolish as in Recruit mode.. and some times they are damn though. I remember enemies throwing grenades when we are taking cover for long period at a single point.. but this time around grenades are replaced by enemies itself. They are rushing to me like I am a POP star or something.... some times even 2-3 enemies at once. And they do their regular job of busting my butt. While it is a nice idea to keep the players under the stress of survival.. it sometimes get on to my nerves.

These are just small issues. The game is fun none the less.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WaW2 released when.....???? is after or before MW2.....

Was there a WaW2..?

Is there a second part of WAW????

No there's no WaW2. I meant to say MW2 in veteran mode :p

LOL.. there isn't any World at War 2 game.

I think topgear made a typo there :p See 'w' and '2' are very close.. it is easy to mess things up :))

you are right. that was a typo (corrected that )

yaah...it mayb a typo....coz he drives @topgear...speed....

Back on Track now :p

BTW, started playing CoD BO in veteran mode and killed the rogue double and now need to move to the airport for evac.

Started the game last night and contrary to what people are saying, I didn't face any stuttering issues at all. It was all very smooth at 60FPS constant. Maybe due to some update as I bought it off Steam.

ajai5777

Youngling
I am playing it in 1280 x 720.It can also be run in 1600 X 900 but frames tend to drop at some heavy visuals. But in 720 its smooth and its smoother than MW2 for me.May be because of the core optimization I think.

What's the point of playing on veteran mode when it's too tough? :| I'm playing on hardened and it's fun. We play games for fun, remember?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
What's the point of playing on veteran mode when it's too tough? :| I'm playing on hardened and it's fun. We play games for fun, remember?

Some people find fun in bring the game down in teh hardest difficulty. What fun to you might not be necessarily be the fun to others.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Some people find fun in bring the game down in teh hardest difficulty. What fun to you might not be necessarily be the fun to others.
Well and what's the fun in not getting died after receiving some hell of bullets? Fun is needed as well as some minimum reality especially when you are playing COD. No offense to anyone.

ajai5777

Youngling
Yeah I dont like to play levels over and over again.Thats why I play in Regular mode :-D

Completed the game last night. The story is very interesting, and overall the game is amazing. Probably the best in the CoD series.

You probably won't believe me but by the time I was half way into the game, I had started to suspect that Viktor Reznov was nothing but a figment of Mason's imagination. No one except Mason talked to or about Reznov and then the guy in the tunnel saying, "What the fu(k is wrong with you?" also pointed towards that.

One last thing, did Mason kill Kennedy? "Oswald has been compromised" and Mason's picture in the final footage suggested that.

If you haven't completed the game yet, don't read the spoilers. You game would be spoiled big time.

D

Deleted member 26636

Completed the game last night. The story is very interesting, and overall the game is amazing. Probably the best in the CoD series.

You probably won't believe me but by the time I was half way into the game, I had started to suspect that Viktor Reznov was nothing but a figment of Mason's imagination. No one except Mason talked to or about Reznov and then the guy in the tunnel saying, "What the fu(k is wrong with you?" also pointed towards that.

One last thing, did Mason kill Kennedy? "Oswald has been compromised" and Mason's picture in the final footage suggested that.

If you haven't completed the game yet, don't read the spoilers. You game would be spoiled big time.

yes, the final footage suggests that he killed kennedy, that the experiment was a success.a far fetched conclusion would be to think that mason was there to prevent someone else from assassinating kennedy but was too late & because of his presence, he is now a suspect.so now he has to find the killer, clear his name while trying to survive.bring on Black Ops 2.....oooppss, got carried away a bit...he he

yes, the final footage suggests that he killed kennedy, that the experiment was a success.a far fetched conclusion would be to think that mason was there to prevent someone else from assassinating kennedy but was too late & because of his presence, he is now a suspect.so now he has to find the killer, clear his name while trying to survive.bring on Black Ops 2.....oooppss, got carried away a bit...he he

I'm pretty sure that Mason killed Kennedy. Here's the conversation between Dragovich and Mason before Mason drowned him to death:

Mason: You tried to make me kill my own president!
Dragovich: Tried?

What does that tell?

D

Deleted member 26636

I'm pretty sure that Mason killed Kennedy. Here's the conversation between Dragovich and Mason before Mason drowned him to death:

Mason: You tried to make me kill my own president!
Dragovich: Tried?

What does that tell?

yeah..i remember that.i know the game suggests that mason killed kennedy.thats why i called my theory far fetched.maybe i want mason to be the hero, who overcomes his programming. anyway, i know that is not the case. :(

yeah..i remember that.i know the game suggests that mason killed kennedy.thats why i called my theory far fetched.maybe i want mason to be the hero, who overcomes his programming. anyway, i know that is not the case. :(

Well, he was there at the time of Kennedy's assassination but that doesn't mean he killed him. Oswald might have been the real killer and he might just have been his accomplice under the brainwash. Man even I want a Black Ops 2! John 'Soap' MacTavish still kicks Alex Mason's ass any day though. :p

D

Deleted member 26636

Well, he was there at the time of Kennedy's assassination but that doesn't mean he killed him. Oswald might have been the real killer and he might just have been his accomplice under the brainwash. Man even I want a Black Ops 2! John 'Soap' MacTavish still kicks Alex Mason's ass any day though. :p

Soap's the best.

lingo

Broken In
Completed the game this morning. And Let me tell you, It is extremely scripted. That is my only complaint. Except that, game is good.

@himadri, sunny,

I think meason killed Kennedy. Coz, when he confronts "Dragovich" in final part of the game, Meason tells "You made me try to kill my president", then Dragovich laughs and tells "Tried..." So, i think Meason assassinated JFK.