Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Raptor1989 - 5-6K MSi P45 Neo but more than 6K gigabyte P45 UD3L
KB Gold is one solid KB - go for it :p
Logitech vibration g-pad costs Rs. 1250 :p

@ Arnab boss - ATI's DX11 cards are going to be released on christmas so if you want to wait then you can wait but nvidia will release some gpu on DX11 by that time :p

or get GTX 260 - it's better than HD4870 1GB

For AM3 mobo get ASUS M4A78STD-V-EVO @ Rs. 7K & 2x 2GB Transcend DDR3 1333Mhz @ Rs. 5K with phenom II X4 955BE @ Rs. 12K

I think core i5 cup's will be avialable on Nov of this year or January of next year. So the combo of DX11 gpu with core i5 will be great - but you have toi wait for that.

But you can get AM3 based rig with GTX260 or GTX 275 without waiting :p

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Guys Finally the 120Hz Monitor the Samsung 2233RZ is available with me and the 3D vision goggles too....
Let me know if anyone wants to experience this 3D Vision

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Got it...dude...'

Thanks again...,i saw the samsung p2350 @ techenclave reviews its a 23 inch moniter with some good features and it comes @ 11.5k but only 1 prob as its new so we can get only a little info abt it...'i am thinking of giving a try what u say...'

4 gpu hows hd 4870 1 gb ddr5...' but dont no the prices on kolkata...'

Hi arnab buddy

The radeon 4870 1gb ddr5 is a great card but i personally feel you go with the gtx 260 which will outperform it in many games or the 275 which will blow it away.
As topgear said the dx11 cards gonna be launched around christmas i guess you wait & give em a try along with the core i5 cpu.
besides powercolour 4870 1 gb ddr5 costs 10.9k which is similar with gtx 260.

check this link -*theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

For the monitor thunder.02dragon claims he has the 2233rz monitor.If its insanely expensive you can go with your p2350 or consider aoc's 2236vw.

cheers...........
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Guys Finally the 120Hz Monitor the Samsung 2233RZ is available with me and the 3D vision goggles too....
Let me know if anyone wants to experience this 3D Vision

Hi thunder.02dragon
Could you throw some light in the pricing of the 2233RZ along with the 3d vision goggles.

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
For those (particularly, topgear) who have been following my desperate quest for a 24 inch non-TN panel: I finally got hold of a 24 inch MVA panel, namely, LG L245Wp. The packaging is in a bad shape, the base is scratched, but the screen and the frame looks OK. It may be a "Returned Merchandise".

With D-Sub connection, the display is nice, showing a full 1920X1200 resolution but, strangely, with HDMI to HDMI connection (using the cable that came with my Zotac GTX 295), the desktop is shifted to the left by about 3 inches and there is no way that I could fix it through monitor hardware or display software manipulations. Unfortunately, the supplied DVI-to-HDMI cable does not work either!

I have read quite a few reviews of this particular monitor on the 'net, but nowhere have I found any reference to this problem!

I have an appointment with LG service personnel next Wednesday and am waiting to see if he can do something about it.

Last edited:

geek_iit

Broken In
Hi Guys

Can u please give me the price in Chandni for the system mentioned below? I stay out of town and I'll be in Kolkata from 22nd Sept - 3rd Oct, and I'm planning to buy a PC then. Ur help is really required coz I cant go and enquire prices myself :(
Btw, I checked exodus pc site and some prices are very high there. For Ex, AMD phenom X4 920 Black edition is priced at 11232, whereas itwares has priced it at only 9450!! :O

Thunder, what is the frequency of updation of the pricelists at your site?

The system that I am planning to buy:

AMD Phenom II X4 920 Black Edition
Biostar TA790GX+128M
RAM: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz 2x2GB
Western Digital SATA 2 500 GB 32 MB Buffer - WD5000AVVS
LG/Samsung DVDRW - SATA
Zebronics Bijli (w/o SMPS)
Corsair VX 550 W
Palit GTX260 Sonic (Palit GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP 896MB DDR-III [HDMI])
OCZ Freeze Extreme Thermal Compound
Logitech Ergonomic KB (without mouse)

Thanks to topgear in helping me finalize these specs :)

Is the Power Supply enough for this rig? I have a 500 VA APC UPS. I hope it will support this rig for atleast a few minutes!

I will use my Samsung series 4 26" LCD TV as the monitor for this. Will I get the necessary resolution [1366x768] from display properties after I connect the CPU? I'm asking this because when I connect this as a second monitor to my laptop, somehow I dont get the correct resolution and the screen appears a little blunt. I hope this will not happen with my new system..

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Re: HDMI connectivity problem of my LG L245Wp monitor

Now I have discovered (Guru3D Forum *forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=235174) that several others are facing the same problem!

PS: Seems to be an NVIDIA problem (*forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t48955.html).

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hi Guys

Can u please give me the price in Chandni for the system mentioned below? I stay out of town and I'll be in Kolkata from 22nd Sept - 3rd Oct, and I'm planning to buy a PC then. Ur help is really required coz I cant go and enquire prices myself :(
Btw, I checked exodus pc site and some prices are very high there. For Ex, AMD phenom X4 920 Black edition is priced at 11232, whereas itwares has priced it at only 9450!! :O

Thunder, what is the frequency of updation of the pricelists at your site?

The system that I am planning to buy:

AMD Phenom II X4 920 Black Edition
Biostar TA790GX+128M
RAM: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz 2x2GB
Western Digital SATA 2 500 GB 32 MB Buffer - WD5000AVVS
LG/Samsung DVDRW - SATA
Zebronics Bijli (w/o SMPS)
Corsair VX 550 W
Palit GTX260 Sonic (Palit GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP 896MB DDR-III [HDMI])
OCZ Freeze Extreme Thermal Compound
Logitech Ergonomic KB (without mouse)

Thanks to topgear in helping me finalize these specs :)

Is the Power Supply enough for this rig? I have a 500 VA APC UPS. I hope it will support this rig for atleast a few minutes!

I will use my Samsung series 4 26" LCD TV as the monitor for this. Will I get the necessary resolution [1366x768] from display properties after I connect the CPU? I'm asking this because when I connect this as a second monitor to my laptop, somehow I dont get the correct resolution and the screen appears a little blunt. I hope this will not happen with my new system..

Hi geek_iit
The samsung series 4 should work fine with the gtx 260 & and will support all resolutions through hdmi connectivity.
The laptops igp would have been too weak to power a monitor of that class but your system will handle it effortlessly.

Regarding your rig if you want to go the amd way then you go with a am3 cpu instead of am2+ due to the latters lack of ddr3 support.
You should go for either the phenom 2 945 or 955be along with a 785 chipset mobo which supports ddr3 ram.
The smps is more than enough & so is the rest of the components.
GO FOR IT..............

geek_iit

Broken In
Can I run games at resolutions higher than 1366x768 (Say 1920x1080) when I connect the CPU to the LCD TV? Or is the TV resolution a bottleneck for the game resolution?
Posted again:
and thanks for the reco for a DDR 3 Proccy and MB, but my budget is already overstretched! :(

Last edited:

geek_iit

Broken In
Hi thunder, check ur PM.

Guys, does a DVI-HDMI cable give a better display than a VGA cable when I connect to a LCD TV? Does this cable come free with GTX 260? If not, is it available readily in Chandni? Which shops and approx price?

I read somewhere that VGA cables > 1.5 m may have signal loss. I already have a 5 m VGA cable that I purchased from Samsung a yr back for 1200. I connect my laptop to the LCD using this. I have played games like NFS MW @ 1024x768 using this. Will it support the higher gfx games or do I need a DVI-HDMI Cable?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi arnab buddy

The radeon 4870 1gb ddr5 is a great card but i personally feel you go with the gtx 260 which will outperform it in many games or the 275 which will blow it away.
As topgear said the dx11 cards gonna be launched around christmas i guess you wait & give em a try along with the core i5 cpu.
besides powercolour 4870 1 gb ddr5 costs 10.9k which is similar with gtx 260.

check this link -*theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

For the monitor thunder.02dragon claims he has the 2233rz monitor.If its insanely expensive you can go with your p2350 or consider aoc's 2236vw.

cheers...........
Posted again:

Hi thunder.02dragon
Could you throw some light in the pricing of the 2233RZ along with the 3d vision goggles.

sorry buddy, for the mistake.

ATi's DX11 monsters are going to be released on september but their dual gpu cards are going to be released on christmas :p

HD5850 is going to $ 300 so I think here it will be priced Rs.15K.

The good news is you can get core i5 & DX11 on OCT or nov of this year :p
Posted again:
For those (particularly, topgear) who have been following my desperate quest for a 24 inch non-TN panel: I finally got hold of a 24 inch MVA panel, namely, LG L245Wp. The packaging is in a bad shape, the base is scratched, but the screen and the frame looks OK. It may be a "Returned Merchandise".

With D-Sub connection, the display is nice, showing a full 1920X1200 resolution but, strangely, with HDMI to HDMI connection (using the cable that came with my Zotac GTX 295), the desktop is shifted to the left by about 3 inches and there is no way that I could fix it through monitor hardware or display software manipulations. Unfortunately, the supplied DVI-to-HDMI cable does not work either!

I have read quite a few reviews of this particular monitor on the 'net, but nowhere have I found any reference to this problem!

I have an appointment with LG service personnel next Wednesday and am waiting to see if he can do something about it.

Glad to hear that you got hold on a 24inch MVA panel :p
BTW, where from & what's the price ?

You are not able to fix through monitor control or nvidia display driver control panel.

1st try to use any other HDMI cable as it could be bad. The HDMI port on the monitor or gfx card may be bad. If possible check them.

I'm saying this coz it's highly unlikely that if a monitor can show resolution with VGA cable then it should do the same thing with the HDMI cable.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can I run games at resolutions higher than 1366x768 (Say 1920x1080) when I connect the CPU to the LCD TV? Or is the TV resolution a bottleneck for the game resolution?
Posted again:
and thanks for the reco for a DDR 3 Proccy and MB, but my budget is already overstretched! :(

There's no way you can get higher higher resolution with a monitor which does not supports it.

Regarding DVI & HDMI cable - they are better interms of quality, crispness, color & clarity as compared to VGA but not in terms of resolution.

Even though you use a DVI or HDMI cable you will not get higher resolution
that max supported by your LCD. you will get slightly better picture quality :p

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Glad to hear that you got hold on a 24inch MVA panel :p
BTW, where from & what's the price ?

You are not able to fix through monitor control or nvidia display driver control panel.

1st try to use any other HDMI cable as it could be bad. The HDMI port on the monitor or gfx card may be bad. If possible check them.

I'm saying this coz it's highly unlikely that if a monitor can show resolution with VGA cable then it should do the same thing with the HDMI cable.
I got it through thunder.02dragon for Rs. 20,280 (including VAT), which is a great price.

If you have noticed my rejoinder in this context, the HDMI problem seems to arise from NVIDIA drivers in general. At least that's what I can understand from third post onwards in the NVIDIA forum link I quoted in my last post.

I still want to keep the monitor, but it would be nice if I could run it through an HDMI cable. As suggested by you, I am trying to get another HDMI cable just to make sure that the cable supplied by Zotac is not bad.

However, it still leaves me wondering why the DVI-to-HDMI cable included with the LG monitor does not work! Either the HDMI port on the monitor is bad (as suggested by you), or the NVIDIA card/driver is to blame (as hinted on the NVIDIA forum).

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's really nice pricing :p

Nvida's display driver has a setting to to correct the dispaly ie you can take your display to right, left, up or down. Please find the option in nvidia control center & try to use it & see if it fix the prob.

As you are saying that the DVI to HDMI cable is not even working then I suspect that the HDMI port on monitor is to blame. Check those out & keep us informed :p

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
That's really nice pricing :p

Nvida's display driver has a setting to to correct the dispaly ie you can take your display to right, left, up or down. Please find the option in nvidia control center & try to use it & see if it fix the prob. :p
I already tried that, but it didn't help. The options are missing when the monitor is connected through an HDMI cable! I even installed the latest driver downloaded directly from nVIDIA, but still no luck.

BTW what do you make of the posts on the nVIDIA forum (*forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t48955.html) in this context? Also, could you please check same forum at *forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=58483&pid=330319&mode=threaded&show=&st=&#entry330319 and give me your opinion on the solution given in the last post (by bryanb). Should I risk it?

As you are saying that the DVI to HDMI cable is not even working then I suspect that the HDMI port on monitor is to blame. Check those out & keep us informed :p
Until I can get hold of a reliable HDMI cable, I am unable to verify if the HDMI port on the monitor is to blame.

BTW has anyone on this forum experienced any similar display problem with nVIDIA card and HDMI connection?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those guys got the problem of being the display too much zoomed but in your case it's stays on a side & left 3 inch blank on other side.

I faced this kind of small glitch ie display moving to a particular side after installing any distro of linux . What I do is just use the Monitor Auto Image Adjust function & it corrects the glitch :p

Just to be sure : Nvidia Control Panel - Move CRT position - have checked that ?
After plugging your monitor through HDMI use the Monitor's auto image adjust function from.

BTW, there is no harm in trying the method you pointed on nvidia forum :p
For unextracting use 7-Zip though :p

Raptor1989

Broken In
So I am buying these next week probably

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 [3.0 GHz (6MB L2 cache 3.0Ghz 1333MHz)]
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L [Intel P45 + ICH10 Chipset 1600 FSB]
Palit 9600GT [512MB DDR3 256Bit]
Corsair VX550
Cooler Master CM 690 With Transparent
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 2GB 800 Mhz x 2
LG DVDRW Sata
Logitech Gamepad

Anyone with the latest prices???

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
I faced this kind of small glitch ie display moving to a particular side after installing any distro of linux . What I do is just use the Monitor Auto Image Adjust function & it corrects the glitch :p

Just to be sure : Nvidia Control Panel - Move CRT position - have checked that ?
After plugging your monitor through HDMI use the Monitor's auto image adjust function from. :p
On my monitor, the appropriate hardware controls are:

Menu > Screen > Position
AND
Menu > Screen >Auto-configure

When the connection is through D-Sub, both of these options are available. Believe it or not, when my PC is booted with the monitor connected through the HDMI cable and the input is selected on the monitor as HDMI, both the above options (under Screen) are dimmed out!!

Now about NVIDIA software control. On my system it goes: NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust display size and position. The last link is shown when the monitor connected through the HDMI cable, but surprise, surprise! When I click on that link, the screen presented has only the option to default to the native resolution, but it also confirms that my display is already in the native resolution! Now, that is a bad joke from NVIDIA. What am I supposed to do?

Incidentally, when the connection is through D-Sub, the NVIDIA Control Panel looks different and the link Adjust display size and position is not even available, not that I need that. The desktop is perfectly centred and sized automatically when the connection is through D-Sub.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that's really a messy prob. I think your monitor's EDID chip may has some prob coz you are not getting some options when even you are connecting your monitor through D-Sub. Check your monitor.

BTW, are you getting the Adjust display size and position option when you are using your old crt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom