Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Are the thing is simple then....if u cant do internet transfer.. then Cash Deposit in local SBI/Axis branch..... C no need to roam...
9600GT is fine and can handle at your resolution easily bro...
Also hope you will buy from me and sorry already have old parts to sell so no more ;(
However PM me what u have...
and also call me here 9432876818
OCing is best on Giggyy... :D
@sona....
cant quote you today as dont have pricelist of curnt week have 2weeks old...wwait till tomorw or call me tomorrw after 12

fatalcore

Journeyman
Yes, I am going to OC my proccy. Will there be any problems?

@fatalcore
What is the cost of the monitor you suggested? It looks good.

My monitor supports upto 1280x1024 (I use 1280x960 in Win 7). Shall my rig be capable of playing NFS Shift, Modern Warfare 2 and the new games coming out this and the next year???

@thunder.02dragon
You have great deals. I hope I can buy from you. Can you tell me where to sell my old parts? I have never done internet banking. Only drafts. Do you take on spot cash?

@topgear
Do you have any key suggestions? Like fan or small details. I am willing to buy my pc next week. So last minute suggestions.

hi,
Raptor1989

The LCD costs (6600 - 6800) +tax.The Lcd is really good and gorgeous.
Specifications:
--------------------------------------
Screen size 18.5" W ( 47.0 cms )
Resolution 1366 x 768
Brightness 300
Contrast Ratio 50000:1 DFC
Response Time 5 ms
Viewing Angle 170 / 160
Color Depth ( No. of Colors ) 16.7M colors
Pixel Pitch ( mm ) 0.100 x 0.300
PC Input / Output:
D-Sub yes
DVI-D yes
Frequency: (2)
H-Frequence (Analog) 30 ~ 83kHz
H-Frequence (Digital) 30 ~ 83kHz
V-Frequence (Analog) 56 ~ 75Hz
V-Frequence (Digital) 56 ~ 75Hz
Power LED Colour:
LED color RED
OSD Language:
OSD Language: 15Ea
Power Type:
Power Type: LIPS
Power Consumption:
Normal 21 W
DPM 1 W
S / W Off 1 W
Set Color
Front Color Black
B / Cover Color Black
Stand Color Black
Stand
Base detachable yes
Tilt yes
Dimension( W x H x D ) in m.m
Set 451.5 x 357.1 x 183.0
Box 527.0 x 130.0 x 408.0
Weight (Kg)
Set 3.45 kg
Box 6.3 kg
Accessory:
Power Cord yes
D-Sub yes
DVI-D option
Standard:
EPA yes
For more Info:
*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=8055&subcat=LCD&parent=Monitor

Well yes , u will be able to play most of the games in low and mid performance smoothly.However for high resolution and best quality u need to go above GTX 260 and above.

The Palit 9600 GT can play Crysis just fine at the lower resolutions and graphics settings

Call of Duty 4 doesn't even faze the card and you get very fast frame rates even at 1680X1050 with all the settings on high

The last-generation mid-range cards were handicapped by a 128 bit memory interface, the 9600GT is a very capable card, with enough power to satisfy the demands of most gamers, at common resolutions.

regards,
fatalcore.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks topgear i'll do as you say & go for the gts 250 & the normal 22 inch samsung 22in display.

you too fatalcore keep up the good work

stay in touch guys & post anything , i'll try to help at my level best

CHEERS.....
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Thanks topgear i'll do as you say & go for the gts 250 & the normal 22 inch samsung 22in display.

you too fatalcore keep up the good work

stay in touch guys & post anything , i'll try to help at my level best

CHEERS.....

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sona - go for sapphire or powercolor :p

@ fatalcore - thanks buddy for wishing me good morning though I'm getting it today :p

@ Raptor1989 - Intel stock HSF is not enough to handle the OC on e8400 :p. You should buy a 3rd party cpu cooler.

As for fans get atleast a 120mm fan if you are going to buy the CM690 & stick it on the top side of the cabby but if can fill all the fan holes on this cabby your temps will be much lower & you will get a more stable OC. :p

@ vickybat - That's the nice combo for you. go for it :p

Raptor1989

Broken In
I would overclock my processor only. How to do it and to how much so that I don't overload and fry my proccy. I just want to increase it to around 3.5 GHz.

@topgear
I was thinking about putting one 120mm fan on top for exhaust and one 80mm behind the mobo. What should the one behind the mobo be for, intake or exhaust? There is one included fan on the side panel for intake (is it?) .Is there any more need for fans? If there is, please tell me where and for what (intake or exhaust)? Are CM Led fans really worth the price or are there better fans at a lower price (CM Led fans cost around Rs. 500, don't they?)? Please mention the direction of air flow. Cooling is very important for me as I play games for 6 hrs straight and rest of the time, downloads. My PC is on for around 20 hrs a day if there is no power failure. Please recommend a good cooling system.

Also, now need a keyboard. I currently use TVS Gold and for 8 years, it has given me no problems. But, presently it is giving some problems like unresponsive keys, longer response times (I have to literally beat the keys to work). Do the current TVS Gold give the same quality as they used to give earlier? Or should i go for another keyboard. I don't need those flashy keyboards with lots of shortcut keys. I just need a sturdy and reliable keyboard that's good for gaming and chatting, in short a lot of hardships. I would be trying to clean my keyboard, if it works, I'll keep it. I also have a iBall Laser mouse. I think that would be enough.

:-o, I forgot. I need a gamepad (like PS2 controller or XBOX 360). Which one would be good? My bro had a cheap Frontech gamepad which costs around Rs. 450 and has 6 months guarantee . Should I buy that or go for an expensive one? Please recommend one. It should not be too costly and must have a minimum 1 year guarantee.

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
LOL....
I am running my proccy @ 4.272GHz
Got PIscore of 11.14secs

*i32.tinypic.com/33artza.jpg
:D
If good feedback and all are required go for Ms, Logitech

tkin

Back to school!!
Bought Samsung T220 from MD Computers Kolkata, for 12,100/-+Tax.

*img522.imageshack.us/img522/7954/frontt220.jpg

Satisfied with customer reception.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Hello every one;-)
with the help me other forum members at last i've finalised my desk top:):)
Amd phenom 2 x2 550 be.
Gigabyte ma78gm us2h
4gb kingston ddr2 800
seagate 7200.12 500 gb
hd 4850
corsair vx 450w
zebronics bigli
samsung 2233 sw
altec lansing bxr 1221
lg sata dvd writer
kbd'møuse
apc 650va

what do u think guys how will be this can any one tell me the total price and help me to buy it from Kolkata
thanks every one

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hiii topgear buddy

i have one more query

My friend wanted to know about the corsair vx450 & can it power cards like the powercolor 4850 or xfx gts 250 as he's gonna get the combo.

If yes, should i opt for the vx450 in place of cm ep 500 ?

please help
Posted again:
Hiii topgear buddy

i have one more query

My friend wanted to know about the corsair vx450 & can it power cards like the powercolor 4850 or xfx gts 250 as he's gonna get the combo.

If yes, should i opt for the vx450 in place of cm ep 500 ?

please help

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hello every one;-)
with the help me other forum members at last i've finalised my desk top:):)
Amd phenom 2 x2 550 be.
Gigabyte ma78gm us2h
4gb kingston ddr2 800
seagate 7200.12 500 gb
hd 4850
corsair vx 450w
zebronics bigli
samsung 2233 sw
altec lansing bxr 1221
lg sata dvd writer
kbd'møuse
apc 650va

what do u think guys how will be this can any one tell me the total price and help me to buy it from Kolkata
thanks every one

hi drsubhadip buddy

firstly i would suggest you to go the intel way if you want to go for ddr2.
thats bcos the core i7's are expensive and the platform is even costlier.
go for theintel core 2 quad q8400 & any asus board starting from a g31 chipset all the way to p45 according to your a budget.

but if u want to stick to amd then in recommend a quad core for the long run precisely the phenom 2 810 or else stick to your dual core if you want to game.
for the board go for the gigabyte ga-ma 770t ud3p or same 770 based mobo from msi.
and then go for a 2x2 ddr3 1333mhz ram from kingston or transcend as phenom 2's have the ddr3 memory controller built in & the 770 mobo supports ddr3.
this way its more future proof.

the rest of the system is fine.

cheers...
Posted again:
hi drsubhadip buddy

firstly i would suggest you to go the intel way if you want to go for ddr2.
thats bcos the core i7's are expensive and the platform is even costlier.
go for theintel core 2 quad q8400 & any asus board starting from a g31 chipset all the way to p45 according to your a budget.

but if u want to stick to amd then in recommend a quad core for the long run precisely the phenom 2 810 or else stick to your dual core if you want to game.
for the board go for the gigabyte ga-ma 770t ud3p or same 770 based mobo from msi.
and then go for a 2x2 ddr3 1333mhz ram from kingston or transcend as phenom 2's have the ddr3 memory controller built in & the 770 mobo supports ddr3.
this way its more future proof.

the rest of the system is fine.

cheers...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ thunder.02dragon - Nice OC. e8400 @ 4.27Ghz with only 1.320V.
Though I'm wondering whjat's the OC result is doing in a Local hardware vendor feedback forum ?! :p

@ vickybat - CM EP Plus 500W can easily handle a singlr HD4850 or GTS250.
But the Corsair VX450 can handle even a GTX280 :p( as it can deliver upto 570W )

@ drsubhadip - The config you've chosen is very good. Phenom II X2 550 BE can perform neck to neck as compared to e8400 :p

But if you want to go for DDR3 based rig then go with 770 or 785 chipset series mobos.
The mobo vickybat suggested is a good one though I don't know about it's availability & price.

If you want a multicore proc then get either Phenom II X3 720BE or Phenom II x4 945BE.
For Ram go with DDR3 1600Mhz if you want better compatibility & OC capabilities :p

Last edited:

drsubhadip

In the zone
Well my friend then can u suggest me a rig for that specification kindly.

It'll be highly helpful if u help me to build my rig with budget around 35 k

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Bad news folks, for me that is! My last hope for a 24 inch LCD monitor with non-TN panel within 30K, viz., Samsung SyncMaster 245T, was dashed today with Vedant saying that Samsung India has expressed their inability to import a single piece of that monitor.

Now I have only two alternatives: either to continue to use my failing 5+ years old 21 inch CRT monitor till its actual demise, or to buy the BenQ G2412HD wih TN panel suggested as the best alternative by topgear earlier.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well my friend then can u suggest me a rig for that specification kindly.

It'll be highly helpful if u help me to build my rig with budget around 35 k

@ drsubhadip
hey buddy if you want to go the amd way then the tricore 720BE suggested by topgear is a great processor for around 7.5k.But if you want a quad core that supports ddr3 memory then go for the phenom 2 810 @ 2.6ghz & 4mb cache or phenom 2 945 @ 3ghz and 6mb cache.The phenom 2 940be doesnt support ddr3 ram bcos its of socket am2+ and has no ddr3 memory controller.As for the rest of the system go for it as previously mentioned.

@ sjoardar
hi buddy
If you want a non tn panel then i suggest you to have a look at NEC models.
They are expensive but the performance is superb(Refer this month's digit aug 2009).
For a 24 inch TN based panel have a look at the AOC 2434Pw for around 14k.
Posted again:
Hi topgear buddy

Is it wise to wait for the core i5 lynnfield cpus or opt the core to quad q8400.
The lynnfields core i5 750 is going to be priced similarly as the q8400.
please suggest
Posted again:
Hi topgear buddy

Is it wise to wait for the core i5 lynnfield cpus or opt the core to quad q8400.
The lynnfields core i5 750 is going to be priced similarly as the q8400.
please suggest

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ drsubhadip - For mobo buy mobos based on 785G chipset &

You have to confirm the availability of either 785 or ( 770 with SB710 - no IGP )chipset mobos in our local market. Search for them & if you find one let us know.

For RAM DDR3 1600Mhz will cost more but they are better than 1333Mhz. But 1333Mhz will be a bit more VFM than 1600Mhz for amd rigs.

So go for Phenom II X4 945BE ( Rs. 11-12KK ) with DDR3 1333Mhz ram ( but if you have got the money then get 1600Mhz )

If you want to save a bit on quad core proc then get 810BE ( Rs. 8.5-9K )

If you want to save even more money then go with 720BE ( Rs. 7.5K ) & later on you can transform it into a quad core with a simple bios setting :p

2x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Transcend will cost you Rs. 5.5K & corsair Rs. 500-700 more.

2x 2GB DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair will cost you Rs. 8.5K
===============================================================

@ vickybat - thanks for correcting me on that AM3 proc thing - it was a typo but it could wreck havoc on anyone :p

& if you wait you can always get things better than today. When you will be ready to go with core i5 you will hear that after some months core i7 prices will be slashed. Then you will wait for core i7. When you will be be ready for core i7 intel will again introduce a better proc with a good price > So this better performance & waiting thing can go forever :p

There's no point in waiting for core i5 coz only p55 chipset will be available for core i5 ( at first ) like x58 for core i7 and I don't think they will come cheap.

As for now if you want some good performance with good value then opt for AMD phenom II based rig.

But if you want to go with q8400 then go for it couple with a good p45 chipset based mobo & a good cpu coooler for ocing :p

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks topgear bro

The p55's will surely cost more than the p45's & even if the the i5 750 will be on par with q8400 in pricing the overall platform will be expensive with ddr3.

So i'll stick with the q8400.
Hope its a wise decision.

As for the cpu cooler should i go for coolermaster or themaltake?
Posted again:
Thanks topgear bro

The p55's will surely cost more than the p45's & even if the the i5 750 will be on par with q8400 in pricing the overall platform will be expensive with ddr3.

So i'll stick with the q8400.
Hope its a wise decision.

As for the cpu cooler should i go for coolermaster or themaltake?

Last edited:

drsubhadip

In the zone
Hey hello my friends thanks for helping me but my budget is around 35k:)so sorry i can't increase it:).so i think it's better to go with amd phenom 2 x2 550

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vickybat - can you mention your budget for cpu coooler ?

@ drsubhadip - then it will be better for you to go with Gigabyte 780G mobo & phenom II X2 550 with a DDR2 platform.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Finally picked up my Logitech MX5500 Revolution Cordless Laser Desktop on the 25th from Vedant. Could not make it on the preceding Wednesday as planned, because of torrential rain in the afternoon.

I like the functionality and the feel of this combo very much and, I must say, the mouse is really awesome! However, in looks the new keyboard is no match for my old Logitech MX Cordless Duo (no pushover in terms of functionality either) that I had been using for the last five and a half years. It is sad that it sprung a power leak and I got tired of constantly changing and charging the rechargeable batteries so much that I finally decided to abandon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom