Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the following build in my mind, anyone please quote the Kolkata price (especially from Vedant, I heard they have the best deals there) for them,

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • Motherboard: MSI P43NEO-F
  • RAM: Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 4GB Kit
  • HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA 3.5"
  • PSU/SMPS: GlacialPower GP-AL650AA
  • Cabinet: Coolermaster Elite-330 with Transparent Side
  • Graphics Card: Ati HD4850 / Ati HD4770 and nVidia GTS250

Replied on Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!! thread.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1144339&postcount=4768

BTW, do not double post the same query on different threads & Keep the forum clean :p

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Actually, I can't be there on Vedant very soon since I'm from Jalpaiguri. So I guess I need to call them up and ask the prices one by one. Can you give me a mobile no. of this guy, Randhir?
I don't have Randhir's mobile phone number, but he is always available during working hours at 03322128793. You can also refer to me as S.Joardar, he will know. However, check the above post first.

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Replied on Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!! thread.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1144339&postcount=4768

BTW, do not double post the same query on different threads & Keep the forum clean :p
Sorry, friend. I have also committed the same mistake recently. Henceforth, I shall keep your advice in mind.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Update from my side:

I called Tirupati Enterprises, but they do not have TRUE-120.

Vedant cannot get me CMPSU 850HX, so I may settle for CMPSU 1000HX. Advise please.

Couldn't locate Zotac GTX 295 either, so I have sent email inquiries to exoduspc and [FONT=&quot]ashis_roy@adityagroup.com[/FONT]

Couldn't locate Dell distributor/dealer in Kolkata as yet. I sent an email inquiry to [FONT=&quot]ajit_iyer@dell.com[/FONT], but it bounced back. Shall try to call tomorrow.

If nothing materializes on the monitor front, I may settle for BenQ G2412HD (alas, no pivoting to portrait orientation), but have not decided when.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they don't have TRUE you can order it out from a chandigarh based on-line shop.
It's called lynx-india & the contact person in their is amarbir ph.9815000133.

Are you sure it's CM850HX. I thought it was Corsair 850HX or1000HX. Look for the same on exoduspc.

If you can't find Zotac GTX 295 then get then look for palit GTX 295. Distributor is Tirupati.

Or you can get palit GTX 285 @ Rs. 22K or Palit 2x GTX 275 & SLI them. That will cost you Rs. 29K.

Dell monitors are very hard to find. You can't find one you have to settle for BenQ 24inch one.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
I am not very comfortable with online shopping these days, unless they accept COD. I shall call Amarbir and find out if they do.

As for the PSU, you are abosolutely right! I had the same suspicion earlier and it is now clear to me. For some unknown reason, some online vendors sell PSUs from Corsair with model numbers starting with "CMPSU"! So, "CMPSU 850HX" and "CMPSU 1000HX" are actually from Corsair, as labeled by certain vendors, and also so listed by the "other magazine", but I checked Corsair's own web site and these are listed as HX850W and HX1000W, respectively. Thanks for correcting me.

I called Dell India today but they said they are not selling UltraSharp 2408WFP any more.

I am not sure about Palit products, because I read reviews on several of them but none earned too high a compliment. Zotac is the name now, as were EVGA and XFX earlier, that uniformly gets high recommendations. That is why, rightly or wrongly, I am sold on Zotac. However, if I cannot get the GPU I want from Zotac, surely I must look elsewhere. You are much better informed, and if you recommend Palit, may be I would be happy with a Palit graphics card too. Tirupati is a distributor, right? Can you suggest any specific vendor in Kolkata. I got one reference: Shree Sagarmatha Distributors, 14 Chandni St. They seem to be distributors too.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, just call amarbir & clarify everything. I think they accepts COD.

Then you may have to opt for BenQ.

Theres nothing wrong with palit. If you look at numerous online reviews of palit gfx card then you should come to know that it's a decent brand. Many of our forum members bought palit gfx cards.

Shree Sagarmatha is the distributor of Techcom products. I don't think they sell products directly to consumers unlike Tirupati.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

BIG
mistake and bad luck!

I should have contacted *www.exoduspc.in earlier. First, I wasted valuable time hesitating, because I thought it is only an online store which I normally don't want to deal with. Second, they delayed their response for their own reason, and now I have discovered that most of the components I had in mind were available with them at lower (some of them at much lower) prices, and that they do home delivery too!

However, I am still keen on getting the GA-EX58-UD5 and TRUE-120 from Exodus Technologies who, however, are unable to get HX850W for me. So I am sticking to HX1000W.

By the way, TRUE-120 Black Edition (but not the 1366 RT model) with extra adapter brackets for Core i7 processor is offered by Exodus Technologies for a total of Rs.4.4K + VAT. Is that OK?

Regarding the monitor, I am ready to overlook the fact that BenQ G2412HD sports a TN panel, but what still bothers me is the lack of enough base adjustment capabilities. Only back and forth tilt, but no swivel, no pivot, not even height adjustment is possible! That is OK for a TV, but for a monitor? I don't know!

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Urgent message to debsuvra: Please ignore my earlier suggestion and first get a quote from Exodus Technologies, then talk to Randhir armed with those quotes. Bargain hard. Let the best quotes win!

Contact Info:
Tathagata Thokdar
Mob: 9432876818
Exodus Technologies
290/1 Briji Road
Kol - 84

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TRUE 120 B.E. does not comes with fan....So you have to spend more to get a compatible fan.

Don't confuse the accessories with bundled components :p

AS you said they are giving the additional 1366 bolt through kit the price seems to be oK ( though I've seen it was selling for Rs. 3.5K for the cooler & addtioanl Rs. 500 for the 1366 bracket ). But it was not included on default package bundle. Still you need to buy a 120mm fan.

If you can't find 850W one then get the 1000W. More power does not hurts & is always handy to have :p

Yup it's very hard to get quality monitors ( computer displays specially TFT palels ).
Most of the shops only stock those components which will most people ask for & sell like hot cakes :p

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
I forgot that the fan for TRUE-120 may be optional. Thanks for reminding me. However, this means still higher net price, and I have to find out how much. By the way, when you wrote earlier that TRUE-120 will not clash with the 200 mm fan on the side panel of my PC cabinet, did you mean that for TRUE-120 without the 120 mm fan, or with it?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant with the 120mm fan added to the TRUE.

BTW, For that price ( around 5K ) it's useless to get TRUE. You should buy sunbeamtech core contact freezer 120 from lynx-india. It comes with fan & is better than TRUE. But you have to buy the 1366 bolt through kit for core i7. The whole setup will cost you a mere Rs. 3K max :p

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=5533
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2990

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Buddy try to ask for it in local shops too... I just want to know if it's available in our local market ( I'm out of station now - so please search for it in computer shops in chadni)

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
No the SBCCF is not available in Kolkata...
Things in kolkata costs more as because there is shipping charge from importer's HQ+tax extra+warranty....

So please don't compare other cities with Kolkata...
Warranty you will be getting from Kolkata, you dont have to send outside with 2x Shipping charge in case of RMA..

Things might be cheaper in Delhi,Mumbai (like 2400/- which is 2700/- in kolkata)
you get it and happy
In case of RMA somehow send it to your vendor place(i.e. outside Kolkata) you end up 150/- x 2 = 300/-
This is for 1 time....for more time add the shipping....

So which one is costly in the end of the day??

Judge Brothers....
I dont want that some one faces this but its hard reality as most of the companies asks for local bill...if non WB is found you wont be getting RMA

Note: Consider those which has less chance of failure...like cabinets, cpu coolers etc...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
No the SBCCF is not available in Kolkata...

SBCCF is one of the best cooler currently available. So if some distributor can arrange to sell it in here it will get good response.

Things in kolkata costs more as because there is shipping charge from importer's HQ+tax extra+warranty....

So please don't compare other cities with Kolkata...
Warranty you will be getting from Kolkata, you dont have to send outside with 2x Shipping charge in case of RMA..

Things might be cheaper in Delhi,Mumbai (like 2400/- which is 2700/- in kolkata)
you get it and happy
In case of RMA somehow send it to your vendor place(i.e. outside Kolkata) you end up 150/- x 2 = 300/-
This is for 1 time....for more time add the shipping....

So which one is costly in the end of the day??

Judge Brothers....
I dont want that some one faces this but its hard reality as most of the companies asks for local bill...if non WB is found you wont be getting RMA

Exactly

Note: Consider those which has less chance of failure...like cabinets, cpu coolers etc...

So I had suggested him to look for the coler on lynx-india :p

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
@ thunder.02dragon. Hey, Man! You sound like someone I just met yesterday. May be you are the same person. No, no, this is not meant to be uncomplimentary or something like that. Just hazarding a guess! Actually, it is always good to have different points of view.
@ topgear. Checked the link so kindly provided by you, as well as some reviews. Seems like this Sunbeam CPU cooler has a pretty decent performance at a down to earth price. I am seriously considering this alternative, but since the CPU cooler is not urgent, I shall wait till Wednesday (my only off day!) and then checkout its availability as well as payment and warranty options.

Last edited:

drsubhadip

In the zone
Hello
can any one help me to buy a desktop computer from kolkata
my budget is Around 25000
can u please Suggest a configuration with the name of the shop where can i go for best deal
thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ thunder.02dragon. Hey, Man! You sound like someone I just met yesterday. May be you are the same person. No, no, this is not meant to be uncomplimentary or something like that. Just hazarding a guess! Actually, it is always good to have different points of view.
@ topgear. Checked the link so kindly provided by you, as well as some reviews. Seems like this Sunbeam CPU cooler has a pretty decent performance at a down to earth price. I am seriously considering this alternative, but since the CPU cooler is not urgent, I shall wait till Wednesday (my only off day!) and then checkout its availability as well as payment and warranty options.

thunder.02dragon - is the owner of Exodus Technologies ( I came to know that from a pm :p )

Yup keep us informed with your rigs news update :p
BTW, have you bought the other components ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom