Buying washing machine

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I know nothing much about these. Would appreciate if someone can recommend one around~18-20k

Which one is better top-down or front loading ?

Thanks

nims11

BIOS Terminator
its easy to handle the clothes in front load compared to top-down. But you need less working space in top-down.
Thats all i know about washing machines. :p

masach315

War4Peace
Full automatic vs semi-automatic might just depend on your washing needs. If you are a very busy who do not have the time to attend the washing cycles of a semi-automatic, full automatic will served the purpose. However, almost twice the cost, much more water consumption and if you have to wash varied kinds of clothes, eg, delicate white clothes alongwith some dirty clothes, you have to go through various washing cycles in a fully-automatic machine.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a front loader washing machine from IFB. Still going strong after 12 years.

Sarath

iDota
I have a front loader washing machine from IFB. Still going strong after 12 years.

I came here to tell, I have a friend who goes on about how his granpa's washing machine still serves his granchildren. Turns out its IFB. :p

I would suggest the same.

I have two whirlpool one (new+old) both have a faulty lid open detection problem. Don't buy that. Otherwise it works fine. Top loading, fully auto.

If you are buying a front loaded one, then do remember that the door will not open in case of a powercut. If the powercut is for too long then the clothes will have a loooong washing day. ico should confirm this.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are buying a front loaded one, then do remember that the door will not open in case of a powercut. If the powercut is for too long then the clothes will have a loooong washing day. ico should confirm this.
I don't think this is true. The door is nothing but mechanical. It opens during power cut too.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How's this one ?
Product: Digital SX

or this
*www.flipkart.com/home-appliances/w...Gg--&ref=a34f8872-207b-4d2d-bcde-55d63e60eac6

Last edited:

johnybravojr

Broken In
Without a doubt, go for an IFB Front-loading WM. Have a few points to consider before deciding:

1. Avoid direct drive motors. While it is less noisy, if anything goes wrong with either the drum or the motor, you'll have to get the whole assembly replaced.
  2. Front loaders will need an open water connection, i.e, water always 'ON'. Washing will 'pause' if there is not enough water pressure. In other words, when the water tank is empty.
  3. In case of power cut, the lid opens with a delay, and if there was water in the drum, it would flow out. But the washing cycle resumes automatically when the power returns.
  4. Do not be deceived by the 'temperature' options. You won't need them at all, and they only cost you more electricity.
  5. Buy a model with different washing options(quick, normal, delicate, soiled, etc.)

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ok guys, finalized on this (stretched the budget), provide your suggestions:
LG F1403TD25 Front Load Washing Machine - 8.0 Kg, Direct Drive Technology, Intensive Wash, Baby Care, Tub Clean, Rinse Plus, Time Delay, Medic Rinse - LG Electronics IN

Sarath

iDota
Hmm nice you finally decided. Did you ask if the door jams during a powercut?

It is true for some front loaders. I earlier assumed it to be a case with all.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^thanks, finally decided on
LG F1403TD25 Front Load Washing Machine - 8.0 Kg, Direct Drive Technology, Intensive Wash, Baby Care, Tub Clean, Rinse Plus, Time Delay, Medic Rinse - LG Electronics IN

Now, onto local dealer hunt as flipkart doesn't ship to my pincode.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
^^thanks, finally decided on

Now, onto local dealer hunt as flipkart doesn't ship to my pincode.

If purchased can you review :-D

Top Bottom