Buying PS3 now??

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Oops. My bad :oops:

Hehe, people do like to conveniently forget the first step.

Hi all thanks for your response on Wii and Nintendo.. I might currently stick with the PS3 and as you guys said, will emulate Wii games if necessary.. But for now, the focus is on PS3 :)

Also, as someone mentioned that he has bought from OLX, is OLX reliable and can we trust the sale there or is it completely luck based?? Is there any mechanism to prevent fraud?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Hi all thanks for your response on Wii and Nintendo.. I might currently stick with the PS3 and as you guys said, will emulate Wii games if necessary.. But for now, the focus is on PS3 :)

Also, as someone mentioned that he has bought from OLX, is OLX reliable and can we trust the sale there or is it completely luck based?? Is there any mechanism to prevent fraud?
Dude.OLX is not eBay,it serves only as a communication platform between seller and buyer
and why do you want to buy from OLX?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Uncharted has horrible gameplay because:

1. The camera absolutely sucks.

Camera is spot on for a game this fast paced. The dynamic movements are strategically brilliant in a game. Genre defining stuff.
2. The guns don't control well and have poor feedback.

One of the best bullet effects in a game. Havok is brilliantly integrated into the engine. The ricocheting of bullets and recoil physics is spot on.
The latter explains the "poor control and feedback" comment. This is the broad line that separates realism from fantasyland.

3. Annoying QTEs that kill you if you make a single mistake.

Excellent interactive QTE's that simply draws the gamer inside. Its like being inside a AAA hollywood movie. Things like this were never implemented this good in a game.
4. Melee combat is essentially wait and counter.
:confused: Isn't that what melee is supposed to be? Read up on CQC used in guerrilla warfare.
5. The camera suddenly switches angles in platforming sections screwing everything up.

That one of the challenging set pieces in UC series. The new tomb raider also has the same, but none is an issue.
Its nothing technically annoying.

6. The platforming itself is nothing special. Coupled with the camera, this means a really frustrating time for players.
Already referred above. This game is not only about platforming.
7. Drake goes from a nice caring guy to a cold blooded mass murderer in a matter of seconds, really hurting immersion.

The story and situation demands the same. Ultimately, survival is the reason. The new tomb raider, which is another critically acclaimed title also has the same take.
But its acceptable considering the situation of the characters. You don't have time for niceties with baddies when they mindless try to hunt you down all the time.

Replies in bold blue. I did not find one single relevant point that deems uncharted gameplay experience horrible. All the points were silly TBH. :neutral:

@ OP

[YOUTUBE]7o1WWq3QN6E[/YOUTUBE]

The gameplay is f***ing flawless. :) Its basically unrivaled in gameplay.

heidi2521

Padawan
Replies in bold blue. I did not find one single relevant point that deems uncharted gameplay experience horrible. All the points were silly TBH. :neutral:

@ OP

[YOUTUBE]7o1WWq3QN6E[/YOUTUBE]

The gameplay is f***ing flawless. :) Its basically unrivaled in gameplay.

The camera is definitely not spot on. When I played I had to actively wrestle with the camera to get it to look where I want it to look. It never focused on what it needed to and actively undid whenever I tried to move it.

The gun play was as realistic as Call of Duty's. It never aimed where I was aiming it and automatically moved towards the target. It was designed to encourage blind fire and hip fire. It had no recoil at all and the guns didn't sway. That does not count as good gun play.

Press 'x' or you'll die does not increase immersion or improve game play. It is extremely annoying and immersion breaking. Look at Asura's Wrath or Assassin's Creed 2 for examples of how QTEs are better implemented in games.

You don't stand in front of an enemy for 30 seconds waiting for him to attack so that you can counter. Melee combat doesn't have to be done like that. Look at the Arkham games, Tekken, Street Fighter, Viewtiful Joe. They have excellent systems that is definitely not wait and counter.

I'm jumping from one platform to another. The camera angle changes mid jump and sends you flying wayward and kills you. Believe it or not, this is very annoying. For example, the part where you had to jump across multiple rotating gears.

The game is not only about platforming, but the platforming is terrible and its not like the other part(shooting) is anything great either.

Just because another game makes the same mistake doesn't mean that it is not one. BTW, In TR Lara is a changed person by the end of the game. Nate on the other hand is pretty much the same. My problem is that the transition from nice caring guy to cold blooded killer and vice versa is instant and it happens every 5 mins. or so. The actions of Drake in the gameplay section have no effect on the non gameplay section. This is very immersion breaking.

@bold: You deemed most of Uncharted's gameplay irrelevant with that statement.

Sarath

iDota
If you are indeed buying a PS3, I would suggest get one used for about ~10k.

Learning curve, if you are a gamer should be absolutely negligible. That might be a little exaggerated but you will find yourself at home withe the L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons soon. You shouldn't be worrying about this.

PS4 most likely with launch Q1/2 2014 in India, with a few games that will also be available on the PS4. So you wont be missing much on new games even then.

PS Move is dead. I got it at launch but I didn't find much use for it. It's just gathering dust in my closet now.

-----------

You can later sell your PS3 and get a PS4 sometime late 2014. That would be a good transition.

Top Bottom