Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude94

Journeyman
Re: Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the intern

EA recently had lots of lay off many game companies are in losses if we dont support the developer how can we get awesome games ? the games though should be priced according to purchasing power of a country still 1000 rs is a very good value for a game you spend hours playing . its the console games which are overpriced 2500-3000 for a game is ridiculous .

Makx

Game on
Re: Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the intern

Its the mentality, when windows 8 was available at 700/2000, so me and my cousin thought we should finally get a legal copy of windows for ourselves when Microsoft is giving it so cheap or affordable prices.
But my aunt was like no way, why should we pay money for that when we can get it for free, while her husband earns around 3 Lakhs per month.
So I bought two copies and gave one secretly to my cousin.

'I'm broke because I don't pirate' something similar.
:-D

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

hmm...
can see how this can be the problem. one well geared char in any mmo is worth a year's supply of meatspace clothes.

you would not want kids demanding wagons of smurfberries or mighty eagles on their birthdays, instead of say a football or something. and think that has already started happening

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Its the mentality, when windows 8 was available at 700/2000, so me and my cousin thought we should finally get a legal copy of windows for ourselves when Microsoft is giving it so cheap or affordable prices.
But my aunt was like no way, why should we pay money for that when we can get it for free, while his husband earns around 3 Lakhs per month.
So I bought two copies and gave one secretly to my cousin.

:-D

Your Aunt is a guy? :shock:

/s

Makx

Game on

it was a typo but it wont be a matter of shock in the near future :p

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Even if you pirate the game, atleast respect the game and the people working behind it. So please don't use that as an excuse.
:clap2:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Trolling or not, CommanderShawnzer has a point.

Earlier we had this concept of devs + publishers releasing a "demo" version of their game for free. People used to download that demo, play it and then make a decision of buying the game. This used to be a good system.

PS: I know you can't judge a game from its "demo", but still the developer was giving you a chance to take a peek into their game. Now its like, you buy a ridiculous game and get disappointed. Better pirate it first and if you feel the developer deserved money, buy it later.

Trolling or not, CommanderShawnzer has a point.

Earlier we had this concept of devs + publishers releasing a "demo" version of their game for free. People used to download that demo, play it and then make a decision of buying the game. This used to be a good system.

PS: I know you can't judge a game from its "demo", but still the developer was giving you a chance to take a peek into their game. Now its like, you buy a ridiculous game and get disappointed. Better pirate it first and if you feel the developer deserved money, buy it later.

That's what I think a good solution. Download a DVD rip, and crack and test the game. then purchase the license key and apply it to the dvd ripped game :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Piracy isn't something which is completely wrong and completely right. It's somewhere there in between. Shades of grey?

Indie games however should never be pirated. They aren't created by gamestudios/publishers having millions of $$$.

It's piracy who made Photoshop and PC games so popular. But, one must always realise the efforts developer put into making a product and purchase a legit copy, or a cut-down version of the software or move to open source.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

if i had the money , i wud've purchased every game i played

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

one of my friends bought Batman Arkam Asylum and Assassins Creed Revelations. After installation, he was frustrated that the DRM doesn't allows to play the game without the disk. So, he went the pirate way there after.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

one of my friends bought Batman Arkam Asylum and Assassins Creed Revelations. After installation, he was frustrated that the DRM doesn't allows to play the game without the disk. So, he went the pirate way there after.

thats a maggot compared to the B!tchy DRM's we have today :lol:

pratyush997

Inactive

The reason why no dvd cracks exist.
Even i had sane issue with gta iv.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!

I read this whole thread to understand what this is all about.....few pointers which i would like to add which is my POV...

1.Gamers in India would not have even guessed what is gaming all about if piracy was not booming in India. Coz we know our Broadband status then and now (major game that was pirated in after 2000 was CS.....that led people to buy legit copy of the game when steam was launched)
2.Now-a-days games which are launched are not that up to the mark as they were till 2005~2006....if cod-1-2,battlefield 1....that kind of games were launched today i would have purchased it in a flash.
3.Gaming industry is downsizing not because of the game piracy....but because they are not able to produce quality games as they did few years back....They are just into money making business just like other businesses......no quality just quantity.Studio bosses just want profit on any crap they sell.
4.Now as they know India has to potential business hub for gaming industry, They are launching AAA titles with the world release. Before they use to think India is not a profitable country for gaming...just as Apple thought then as well as now.
5.Gamers in India are now more mature than they were before,If they like the game they buy it...and sell figures show that games are being sold in India legally.(Many order it before the release for premium content)
6.We gamers are blessed, As we are paying a fraction of the money what people around the world are paying...so in a way its saving.(Leave alone Consoles...)
7.Mobile/Tablet platform are for casual gamers....hardcore gamers will not be satisfied by puny games that are available on these platforms.
8.My only suggestion to game developers are please release you games when it is totally bug free & w/o the glitches.(i wouldnt mind if it has a good story and background too......no old cr** in new package please)
9.You buy your game for your own leisure time....so its not that somebody is forcing you to buy it.....if you are too conscious to buy a game then dont buy it instead join some other activity.(swimming,gym,cycling....heck even jumping off a cliff would do....hehe just joking)
10.Piracy has setup a platform for gaming in India...now its time for it to leave coz, Gaming has been a part of life (yes...only few of us are blessed with that privilege).

Reading the above....you would not be able to judge my stand on piracy....but i'm not against it nor for it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

7.Mobile/Tablet platform are for casual gamers....hardcore gamers will not be satisfied by puny games that are available on these platforms.

mobile/ tablet has focus on casual and social games. casual games just mean a simple to understand and repetitive game, that can still be hardcore. such games are coming on consoles too. subwaysurfers is hardcore.
some of the mmos are too brutal... try midgard rising.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!

@Anorion...Mobile/Tablet will always be for casual gaming.....Try suggesting these game to a fps,tps hardcore....you will get what i meant...they are good for few hours but in the long run they dont satisfy the thrill as the deus-ex,gta,cod,battlefiled...etc provide.
Touch here...touch there(screen) to control the character or whatever......just doesnt work out...!!!!

Sarath

iDota

...Earlier we had this concept of devs + publishers releasing a "demo" version of their game for free. People used to download that demo, play it and then make a decision of buying the game. This used to be a good system.... <snipped>

The demos are now called games and the games are called paid DLCs :D ( I wish I was joking... :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom