Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the intern

Pirate bad games and pay for good games. But pay the "Indian" price and not $50-60 :) //Other than Indie games ofc.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Re: Buying games is a waste of money,Why should we buy when we can download for free from the intern

I buy ALL my games; but usually wait for a price drop. Don't really mind waiting a year or two when there are many good games from previous years which have price drops :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

This is the state of gaming in my organization:

games.jpg

:shock:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

The demos are now called games and the games are called paid DLCs :D ( I wish I was joking... :( )

I aggree that, see what happened to Simcity. We bought a buggy Demo version of a game at 1500. The full version yet to come as All DLC which will cost more than $100.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Pirate it. If they've got the right to rip us off, we also have the same right.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Pirate from a*****e companies like EA, but please don't pirate from Valve. :pray:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

Pirate from a*****e companies like EA, but please don't pirate from Valve. :pray:

its not as if valve really cares about gamers, All they are doing these days in minting money. Look at cs:go. For 6 months they just left it hanging, they dont listen to the gamers and they have hardly fixed any issues with the game. So much for valve. Gone are the golden days when valve really meant something. Now its just like EA.

^^ Pirate it. If they've got the right to rip us off, we also have the same right.

:ssshhh:

this forum is antipiracy.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Well, EA is an a*****e, just like Ubisoft. If they use harsh measures to tie us down, they deserve it. Valve does not use anything as such, only Steam.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

Well, EA is an a*****e, just like Ubisoft. If they use harsh measures to tie us down, they deserve it. Valve does not use anything as such, only Steam.

valve deserves to get screwed for not releasing proper games.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I remember a same topic thread in the past... :chinscratch:

Now i have a Broadband/Wireline internet connection,and i play games without buying ;-)
That doesn't mean u r getting a game for FREE...
downloading a game from internet (u will pay for bandwidth it + the electricity bill)
u will only get for FREE if a frnd gives it u ;)

U want money for your hardwork don't u? same is the case with gaming companies.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

i sometimes buy, sometimes pirate. we can't change people with a paragraph of text. most pirates are anyways not potential customers. but try to buy whenever you can.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Nooooooo, this shouldn't have come from you. :shock: Never expected this sentence from you.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nooooooo, this shouldn't have come from you. :shock: Never expected this sentence from you.
Read the posts above. Context. :)

TheSloth

The Slowest One

@ico : ok...if the game is not worth of paying the big amount, do we get pirated version? Or I didn't understand what you mean to say. Can you explain?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

ok...if the game is not worth of paying the big amount, do we get pirated version? Or I didn't understand what you mean to say. Can you explain?
Read the posts above my post. You'll get the context/point.

A minor tweaked FIFA costing Rs. 1299 is each year. Old wine in new bottle. Practically it only contains player transfers. They don't even release player transfer updates (patches) after a while. But hey, they will release a new game for Rs. 1299.

Then this concept of DLC is being exploited to leech more $$$ out of people. Earlier we had game "demos" available for free which contained some gameplay. You could try out a game before making a decision of buying. Now a company hypes up their game bigtime, they don't even release a "demo" version, people buy the game on launchday and get screwed.

Only few companies are doing everything right. For example, CD Projekt Red.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

Read the posts above my post. You'll get the context/point.

A minor tweaked FIFA costing Rs. 1299 is each year. Old wine in new bottle. Practically it only contains player transfers. They don't even release player transfer updates (patches) after a while. But hey, they will release a new game for Rs. 1299.

Then this concept of DLC is being exploited to leech more $$$ out of people. Earlier we had game "demos" available for free which contained some gameplay. You could try out a game before making a decision of buying. Now a company hypes up their game bigtime, they don't even release a "demo" version, people buy the game on launchday and get screwed.

Only few companies are doing everything right. For example, CD Projekt Red.

so we should buy games on cd's and not on DVD's and digital downloads

:troll:

because cd's have demo games.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom