Buying a new phone - budget 20k

randomuser111

Technomancer
Im not suggesting that Grand is in anyway better buy than L9
Im only saying that some points Tenida put are invalid

I too agree that benchmarks mean bull.. but
What is a "real world performance test" according to you

Can you list the points you disagree with ? I don't see any point listed by tenida that is "invalid" He has only stated FACTS, not even his opinion. I don't see any point which can be termed even "subjective" let alone INVALID

the.one

In the zone
Grand is better than L9 according to me because:
- Better camera
- Jelly Bean preinstalled
- Samsung's touchwiz UI(Multi window, Better notification panel, ...)
- Dual SIM
- Samsung's after sales support is better than LG (Be it providing updates or finding service centres)

I'll add one more that is a big plus on Grand,
- Internal memory(8GB on Grand vs 4GB non-movable to SD on L9)

I think both of them are kind of equal, both have their cons, its just which set of negatives are deal breakers is a personal choice.

Why do you want to take Grand? See we all have done our job of telling you the best phone in your budget i.e L9, but still why do you preffer Grand?
L9>Grand in every way.
DONT go by benchmarks, real world performance of L9>Grand
Its like your saying HD 7770(Playing in 720p) Is greater than a hd 7970/Gtx 690(in a higher res)
Well if you still don't listen can't help it

No offense
But if you still end up buying grand i don't what to call you

Dont know wht this real world performance means... Why do the benchmarks even exist in that case?

Speaking abt real world performance, I can say that both the devices cannot handle Asphalt 7.
Then theres no point arguing which SoC is just little better than the other.

I mean to say, even though L9, in case, maybe better than Grand on performance, there will not be a significant difference between the two.

I would say, check the deal, buy whichever u find on a better deal, like ~15k for L9 or ~18k Grand.
Otherwise go with ur priorities, need a better cam, go for Grand. Better display - L9.

I could not decide and got an Ipad.

Superayush

Tech lover
How about sony xperia sl guess you can get it for around 20k if tried hard and smartly :) guess worth the money you spend
Sony Xperia SL - Sony: Flipkart.com

Or wait :twisted:

shreymittal

Being Human
How about sony xperia sl guess you can get it for around 20k if tried hard and smartly :) guess worth the money you spend
Sony Xperia SL - Sony: Flipkart.com

Or wait :twisted:

I had given that suggestion to him earlier
anyways let it be guys @fog go n get grand :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Dont know wht this real world performance means... Why do the benchmarks even exist in that case?

Speaking abt real world performance, I can say that both the devices cannot handle Asphalt 7.
Then theres no point arguing which SoC is just little better than the other

I mean to say, even though L9, in case, maybe better than Grand on performance, there will not be a significant difference between the two.

umm yes they can......

mitraark

Decrepit
I've seen gaming reviews of both, where L9 wasn't running it with enough fluidity and the Grand was stuck at loading the game.

I guess you saw the iGyaan review. It was quite laggy in that video, although i have seen other videos and it was smoother. But i haven't played the game myself so i'm not sure.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@the.one- Can you name a device other than grand and S2 plus that uses this broadcom BCM28155 SoC?
So, according to you Asphalt 7 is the only thing to judge smartphones!! We buy smartphones to play HD games only? Let me tell you one thing TI OMAP 4430 SOC(Dual Cortex A9+SGX540) in L9, for those who don't know this is the same SOC(chip) present in Galaxy Tab 7" and 10" series, Galaxy Nexus, Droid RAZR and a bunch of other high-end devices from 2012-2013, so, right there on the performance metric. Grand is bad only for lower screen resolution period. And I have seen this set on Samsung store, totally disappointed only because of screen.

Ok here LG Optimus L9 playing Asphalt 7 smoothly

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
tenida agree with you 100%, No use telling some people

Acording to them a GT 520 3 GB > HD 7750 1 GB

the same way they are telling Grand > L9
i swear if L9 was samsung L9 they would buy it

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well you know when I get angry, a person breaks your head everyday asking how is this phone(here L9)...He reads that grand is not good, but at last ends up at a fan boys website who just use the mobile for 30 mins and review it, believes the review and goes for grand
Trust me when your buying a phone see a USER reviews in XDA

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well let's not even talk about CPU, camera and stuff. Design and display of LG L9 is enough to win over Grand. Though I believe the fact that grand looks like Note 2 is a big attraction. LOL

People might see your grand and think " WOW seems like he's a rich businessman :p See he's using Note 2" LMAO

mitraark

Decrepit
L9 was the first Android phone i had, initially i was overwhelmed to experience the screen and UI, i thought that's what Android phones are like, but then i used other phones and i realized LG screen was far better than others in the same category , LG IPS are top notch.=, asme with LG UI, it's really smooth and clean.

People say Grand has multi screen, i really didn't like tiny jagged windows on a Note II screen, it hardly is as useful as using windows like in PC OSes.

the.one

In the zone
tenida agree with you 100%, No use telling some people

Acording to them a GT 520 3 GB > HD 7750 1 GB

the same way they are telling Grand > L9
i swear if L9 was samsung L9 they would buy it

Guys, I'm not pro Samsung or Lg. don't own dealerships of any.

I'm just listing the flaws I see. In fact I'm waiting for news on new devices like f7. And shall be the first to own one, if it falls in my budget. Maybe could even get the L9 on a good deal.

But yes, I don't hold anything on Samsung mobiles, just cos they're from Samsung, and bcuz they don't look as trendy as Sony etc etc.

@the.one- Can you name a device other than grand and S2 plus that uses this broadcom BCM28155 SoC?
So, according to you Asphalt 7 is the only thing to judge smartphones!! We buy smartphones to play HD games only? Let me tell you one thing TI OMAP 4430 SOC(Dual Cortex A9+SGX540) in L9, for those who don't know this is the same SOC(chip) present in Galaxy Tab 7" and 10" series, Galaxy Nexus, Droid RAZR and a bunch of other high-end devices from 2012-2013, so, right there on the performance metric. Grand is bad only for lower screen resolution period. And I have seen this set on Samsung store, totally disappointed only because of screen.

Ok here LG Optimus L9 playing Asphalt 7 smoothly

Wats so bad bout the broadcom SoC anyway?

Okay, if not to playy HD games, tell me why would u look soo deeply into SoC GPU ABCDs of mobiles. All other normal functions could be carried, I guess, on anything greater than single core processors.
No offence, these Q's are out of my own curiosity(im just putting up Q's here so that would help me decide well too), and ur answers would enlighten my soul & save me a lot of browsing.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^
^^
I talked about only SoC and SoC means
"A SoC integrates all of the important components needed by an electronic system into a single chip. Rather than having separate parts for a CPU (central processor) and GPU (graphics processor) on a circuit board like you might see in a typical PC, a SoC combines these circuits into a single chip to make mass manufacturing easier and more cost efficient. So the SoC in your smartphone houses a CPU, GPU, RAM memory, audio converters, and often a radio modem in a single chip."
I have tablet with single core processor and it sucx big time. For browsing heavy page, 1080P video you need good fast SoC as well.

if not to playy HD games, tell me why would u look soo deeply into SoC GPU ABCDs of mobiles.
You know one thing many of the enthusiast buy high-end processor and graphics card not to play games but to overclock/benchmark . So, may be my interest is different but that does not means I can't do research.

Top Bottom