smash555

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Internet browsing, Video conversion, Install multiple virtual OS using Hyper-V or VMWare for testing purpose, Gaming and Document management.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes, would be happy if the configuration gives me a support for max lifetime.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Rs.50,000 (10% variable)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Yes, in the future

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (add that in the cost too)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1 TB- VFM and high speed performance wise it should provide better read/write speeds.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Currently having model BenQ G2411HD running at 1920x1080 res., will be using the same monitor, so please do not include in the configuration.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In one or two weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes, definitely.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Yes. Monitor, Keyboard/Mouse.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Mumbai, Grant Road

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: 8 GB memory must.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well buddy no system can give a lifetime futureproofing no matter how much you spend.

Btw here's my suggestion. Please have a look:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10.5k
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3|9.5k
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM|5.4k
Graphic Card |MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition|9.8k (crossfire later)
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2.7k
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|0.9k
PSU |Corsair TX650 V2|5k
Case |Coolermaster usp 100|3k
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4.3k
Speakers |Altec Lancing VS4621|3.2k
| Total |54k

Make this as your base build. This is the most future proof config at your budget. There was no room to add os and i already overshot your budget but still its within your 10% variable.

Summarizing the above components:

The processor is a "k" series sandybridge cpu having unlocked multipliers. So it can be overclocked and it really overclocks well. If you plan to do so, then you might need a good aftermarket hsf as well. Add that in a later stage.

The mobo is a z68 board that allows cpu overclocking. It also supports lucid virtue which allows you to use quicksync which will come handy in video conversion.
8 gigs of ram are also mentioned so that you never run into memory bottlenecks while running virtual environments as you mentioned.

The psu can handle 6850cfx easily and is future proof. It comes with 5 years of warranty.

The radeon hd 6850 particularly the msi one is factory overclocked and performs close to a 6870. It can easily handle fullhd gaming and you have options to add a second 6850 later when prices drop. They will give you a significant gpu performance gain. Currently, one card will suffice.

Do get the ups for system protection during power outage and massive voltage spikes.

s you said, i have removed the monitor, keyboard & mouse from the config. The monitor that you have is very good and will more than suffice.

Post your comments buddy.:smile:

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, you can change ram to:

2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB*2=8GB @ 2*2=4k

Spend the extra on the:

Sapphire HD6870 1GB VAPOR-X @ 12k

OP
S

smash555

Broken In
@vickybat: Hey, thanks for the nice config, though few queries-

1) The Cabinet Corsair Cooler master usp 100 weighs around 7.2 kg as compared to Coolermaster Elite 430 which is around 4.7kg and price perspective is less priced, so could you please let me know any specific decision to choose the cabby.

2) I would prefer to user 2 x 4GB RAM modules as cannot depend on running system on only one RAM module.

3) @comp@ddict: If i choose to install Corsair Vengeance RAM module will it interfere with the addon Heat-sink for the processor, planning to buy Cooler master hyper 212 plus with an extra Fan

4) what model of Corsair Vengeance should be purchased ?

5) I agree with comp@ddict to get Sapphire HD6870 1GB VAPOR-X as seen the video of the vapor-x technology on Sapphire website and was very impressed, but how much can I overclock the GPU ?

6) If I consider to go with Asus Z68 pro with Core i7 what will be price difference and will it be better combo.

please advice, Thanks

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@comp@ddict: If i choose to install Corsair Vengeance RAM module will it interfere with the addon Heat-sink for the processor, planning to buy Cooler master hyper 212 plus with an extra Fan

that I can't tell which motherboard have you finalized on. Then we can have a look at the pic and try to imagine.

what model of Corsair Vengeance should be purchased ?

the standard 4GB kit will have 2*2GB modules at DDR3 1333MHz C9 settings.

You can purchase "2" of these and have a total of 4*2GB modules to give you 8GB.

I agree with comp@ddict to get Sapphire HD6870 1GB VAPOR-X as seen the video of the vapor-x technology on Sapphire website and was very impressed, but how much can I overclock the GPU ?

The Sapphire HD6870 TOXIC based on Vapor-X cooler but having factory OC itself sports a 970MHz Core clock. So I expect at least that much.

Plus, Sapphire TRIXX software should allow for voltage tuning and further Overclocking ventures.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat: Hey, thanks for the nice config, though few queries-

1) The Cabinet Corsair Cooler master usp 100 weighs around 7.2 kg as compared to Coolermaster Elite 430 which is around 4.7kg and price perspective is less priced, so could you please let me know any specific decision to choose the cabby.

2) I would prefer to user 2 x 4GB RAM modules as cannot depend on running system on only one RAM module.

5) I agree with comp@ddict to get Sapphire HD6870 1GB VAPOR-X as seen the video of the vapor-x technology on Sapphire website and was very impressed, but how much can I overclock the GPU ?

6) If I consider to go with Asus Z68 pro with Core i7 what will be price difference and will it be better combo.

please advice, Thanks

Well the usp 100 is more roomier allowing better airflow. Its better than a cm 430 only in this aspect. Its biggger too.

Yup go for 2*4gb modules. But stick with gskill ripjaw-x c9 modules because of their low profile design. They won't hamper with any cooler.

The sapphire 6870 vapor x is a good card and you can definitely go with it. It kind of exceeded your budget so i had to stick with a 6850. Its got a good cooler but is already severely overclocked.

Finally the asus z68 mobo is excellent choice but is around 4k expensive. If you can go for it , then please go ahead buddy.

OP
S

smash555

Broken In
PSU|Corsair TX650 V2|5k

Hello, please check the link below from Corsair forums, I doubt on the PSU. Could someone provide me an alternative PSU.

[txt]*forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=94140[/txt]

Also, please provide an below 3K good to listen speaker system, will be playing the music for myself ;)

Thanks.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ The psu is terrific and is a seasonic build. The fan noise isn't that much annoying. You aren't going for an htpc ar you?

Check this out.

Its a 750 watt and is from the same series. Yotally rock solid and you can't go wrong with it.

OP
S

smash555

Broken In
^^ The psu is terrific and is a seasonic build. The fan noise isn't that much annoying. You aren't going for an htpc ar you?

Check this out.

Its a 750 watt and is from the same series. Yotally rock solid and you can't go wrong with it.

@vickybat: So are you recommending the 750W CPU, that will surely increase my Budget ?

I have almost completed the finalization of my configuration, only deciding on the below parts: (Will post once completed or after purchasing the system) :)

1) PSU- Still an important thing to decide.
2) Processor Heat Sink- surely going for Corsair Hyper 212+ with an extra fan.
3) Speaker system- searching into more options.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No no, i am not recommending a 750 watt psu. I meant to say that corsair's current tx -v2 line up is fanastic and this applies to 650,750& 850 watt psu's from the same.

You can easily go with tx 650-v2 eyes closed. Its a terrific psu and noise won't bother that much either.

OP
S

smash555

Broken In
@vickybat- Thankyou, Could you please also recommend some Speaker systems below or till 3k.

I know that the Altec model is great, but if I can get one of those good speakers with less price, will save my few bucks...

Thanks again!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat- Thankyou, Could you please also recommend some Speaker systems below or till 3k.

I know that the Altec model is great, but if I can get one of those good speakers with less price, will save my few bucks...

Thanks again!

Check out logitech z 323.

Top Bottom