Budget 30k ....need to finalize below specs urgently

hey friends my budget for computer rig is 30k ( excluding monitor and graphic card which i already purchased)....i have finalised following things :-

Proc ------intel i5 4440
mobo------ Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 / Msi h81 p33
ram--------kingston 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
psu--------seasonic eco500 / corsair cx 500 / antec vp550
cabinet----antc v1 / cm force 500
Ups---- aps 600vs / luminos 600vs
speakers---creative a 335
key/mouse--logiteck mk200
hard disk--wd caviar blue 500gb

i already purchased my monitor which is AOC i2369vm 23 inch led ips and graphic card which is r9 270x.......Any changes needed in above config ??? need to buy asap.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Fill this up 1st : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Main use is to watch full hd movies and to play modern games like battlefield 4 , watchdogs , crysis , nfs at high settings.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: my overall budget is around 30k max...can,t extend a penny more... this budget doesnot include monitor, graphic card and dvd writer as i have already purchased these items.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Big No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: windows 8.1 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 500 gb.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: No i have already purchased it...Its Aoc i2369vm 23 inch led full hd ips monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: i don,t want to buy monitor , dvd writer and graphic card.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: In a week time.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: all things will be assembled .

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: i live in delhi and will buy all the stuff from nehru place.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: no

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4440 -12000,
Gigabyte H81M-S1 -4200,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
Corsair VS550 -3200,
Antec V1 -3000,
APC 600VA UPS -2100,
Logitech Z313 -1600
Logitech MK200 -700,
WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000.
TOTAL -32,600.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
Help me plz....suggest me any changes needed in above config..the above mentioned is costing me around 30,000 rupees

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

- - - Updated - - -

hey brop some doubts regarding config :-
1.) I have heard that corsair vs series is bad compared to cx series...plz suggest more options in seasonic or antec or corsair ??
2.) How is Logitech Z313 which u suggested compared to Creative a335 and F & A 520 ?
3.) instead of 1600mhz ram if i purchase 1333mhz ram , will it make any difference ??

@OP; which graphic do you have?

- - - Updated - - -

Help me plz....suggest me any changes needed in above config..the above mentioned is costing me around 30,000 rupees

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

- - - Updated - - -

hey brop some doubts regarding config :-
1.) I have heard that corsair vs series is bad compared to cx series...plz suggest more options in seasonic or antec or corsair ??
2.) How is Logitech Z313 which u suggested compared to Creative a335 and F & A 520 ?
3.) instead of 1600mhz ram if i purchase 1333mhz ram , will it make any difference ??

> Yes VS is not good. There is Antec VP series which is much better. What PSU to go with will depend on what graphic card you have so please mention it.

> 1600 MHz RAM costs just a few hundred bucks more than a 1333 MHz RAM so it's recommended.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
graphic card is r9 270x........regarding cabinet which one is better in the range of 2500 ?? i have shortlisted antec v1 and cm force 500....suggest me any other also in this price range

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
graphic card is r9 270x........regarding cabinet which one is better in the range of 2500 ?? i have shortlisted antec v1 and cm force 500....suggest me any other also in this price range

antec v1 does not have cable management options. hence managing cables will be a tough go. see if you can find betfenix merc alpha for less than 3k.
for the psu, choose antec vp550p or seasonic s12ii 520. 600va ups wont be enough. get atleast 800va from apc. choose 1600mhz ram. you will notice better start up time and refreshing.

Get this:

Intel Core i5 4440 (12000)
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV (4200)
Corsair Vengeance or G.Skill RipajwsX 4GB 1600Mhz (2700)
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB (3000)
Antec VP550P (3770 @ Snapdeal)
Corsair Spec 3 (3900)
Logitech MK200 (800)

total: 29,570

Get Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste with the remaining cash.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
hey harshil u forgot to mention ups and speakers in 30,000 rupees..and the cabinet u suggested is out of my budget..i have alloted max 2500 for cabinet..........okay another last thing "rijinpk1 " suggested me to go for apc 800vs ups instead of 600va......is it true ?? does 600va ups not enough for my rig ...i only want my ups to run for atleast 7 to 8 minutes in case of power failure

hey harshil u forgot to mention ups and speakers in 30,000 rupees..and the cabinet u suggested is out of my budget..i have alloted max 2500 for cabinet..........okay another last thing "rijinpk1 " suggested me to go for apc 800vs ups instead of 600va......is it true ?? does 600va ups not enough for my rig ...i only want my ups to run for atleast 7 to 8 minutes in case of power failure

> You can use a Philips SHP200 (Rs. 600) headphone for now and get a speaker set and UPS later. It's more important to get better core components than to include accessories.

> Why allocate specific budget for cabinet when everything is fitting into budget?

> 600 VA translates to 360 W which is well below what your PC may consume when at load. A 600 VA UPS will not be able to power your PC. An 800 VA UPS is required. AFAIK, APC no longer has any 800 VA UPS available in India (correct me if I;m wrong) so may also consider V-Guard and Numeric.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
> You can use a Philips SHP200 (Rs. 600) headphone for now and get a speaker set and UPS later. It's more important to get better core components than to include accessories.

> Why allocate specific budget for cabinet when everything is fitting into budget?

> 600 VA translates to 360 W which is well below what your PC may consume when at load. A 600 VA UPS will not be able to power your PC. An 800 VA UPS is required. AFAIK, APC no longer has any 800 VA UPS available in India (correct me if I;m wrong) so may also consider V-Guard and Numeric.

they are indeed available *www.theitdepot.com/details-APC+Back+UPS+800VA+(BE800-IND)_C37P19890.html .

- - - Updated - - -

600va with model no br600ci-in has been discontinued . a new model bx600ci-in is already there in the market now.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
hey harshil i can compromise on speakers which i will purchase next month but i can,t compromise on ups. i will not run my pc without ups ..one a half year ago i purchased amd hd 6670 and i ran it without ups ..one day suddenly there was power cut and when power came and i tried to run my pc , the gpu didn,t work and the service centre also didn,t took it under warranty because they told me that capacitors has died....the card was only 4 months old and i bought it for around 5500 rupees

so plz make changes to your above mentioned config and try to include ups and suggest me a cheap cabinet upto 3000 rupees ..thnx

hey harshil i can compromise on speakers which i will purchase next month but i can,t compromise on ups. i will not run my pc without ups ..one a half year ago i purchased amd hd 6670 and i ran it without ups ..one day suddenly there was power cut and when power came and i tried to run my pc , the gpu didn,t work and the service centre also didn,t took it under warranty because they told me that capacitors has died....the card was only 4 months old and i bought it for around 5500 rupees

so plz make changes to your above mentioned config and try to include ups and suggest me a cheap cabinet upto 3000 rupees ..thnx

FX 6300 (7700)
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P (5800)
Corsair Vengeance or G.Skill RipajwsX 4GB 1600Mhz (2700)
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB (3000)
Antec VP550P (3770 @ Snapdeal)
Cooler Master Elite 311 (2300)
Logitech MK200 (800)
APC Back UPS 800VA (4450)

total: 30,520

Cilus

laborare est orare
If possible, try to find the Lenovo M6811 5 Button 1600 DPI laser mouse which would be available around Rs 700 in the shops. Currently, among the Online stores, only Flipkart is having it and the price is doubled to Rs 1500. That mouse will be real good for gaming, specially for the RPG and Sports games.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
Thnx a lot harshil :) i will better stick to intel rig rather than buying amd and i will extend my budget to 32000 to accomodate ups....So here,s my final rig :-

Intel i5 4440 ---------------------------------- 11500
Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 - ------------------4000
G skill ripjaws 4gb --------------------------------2700
Wd caviar blue 500gb -----------------------------3000
Antec Vp 550p -----------------------------------3770
Antec v1 cabinet--------------------------------- 2500
logi mk200-----------------------------------------700
apc ups 800va-------------------------------------4450

Total---------------------------------------------32620

I will Buy speakers later .

Thnx a lot harshil :) i will better stick to intel rig rather than buying amd and i will extend my budget to 32000 to accomodate ups....So here,s my final rig :-

Intel i5 4440 ---------------------------------- 11500
Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 - ------------------4000
G skill ripjaws 4gb --------------------------------2700
Wd caviar blue 500gb -----------------------------3000
Antec Vp 550p -----------------------------------3770
Antec v1 cabinet--------------------------------- 2500
logi mk200-----------------------------------------700
apc ups 800va-------------------------------------4450

Total---------------------------------------------32620

I will Buy speakers later .

> Everything is perfect except cabinet. As mentioned by [MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION]; Antec V has poor cable management capabilities. Try to find NZXT Gamma.

> BTW why don't you want an AMD config?

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
nzxt gamma is out of production everywhere and also i don,t like its looks...........Do u have any other cabinet in mind upto rs. 2500 which has good cable management ?? how is cm force 500 and cm elite 311 in relation to cable management...??

actually i like amd config but i don,t like the processor u suggested...its better to buy amd fx 8320 octa core proc than hexa core..but for that i need additional funds which i don,t have .....

also i more thing to ask...how is wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming....i was planning to buy logiteck mk220 wireless keyboard mouse combo but i m unsure how it will react in gaming and do i have to change its battery after sometime ??

Top Bottom