BSOD 124 while gaming....new gaming rig...

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Update.
Turns out that was bad mobo..after replacing it with new one, no BSOD so far....thank you so much all of you for helping me out. Much appreciated.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Update: BSOD is BACKK :crying2_NF:
Currently i am using NZXT CAM software to monitor temps and everything was going on smoothly,suddenly BSOD 124 occurred again when i was playing CS:GO. After reset, CAM software showed that CPU temp reached 95c so i opened my case, cleaned each and every component and mounted H100i back with new thermal paste. until 2 days everything was fine but suddenly today, it happened again with CAM notification that CPU reached 91c. I am really frustrated now, after spending so much money i can't even play properly:sick_NF:..what can be the problem?? H100i???

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Yes. Preferably with PSUs of Tier 3,2 or 1 from the Tier list.

Update: PSU Changed to Seasonic M12 II Bronze Evo Edition :heart_NF:
Lets hope this will treat BSOD 124,fingers crossed :cool_NF:

- - - Updated - - -

Update: BSOD 124 is back....:serious_NF:
I was just playing AC:Syndicate and i was really happy that BSOD 124 must have gone now but its back....again :sick2_NF:
its 8:05 PM here and i installed my PSU at afternoon 3 PM....guys it's really really frustrating now...is there anything that i should try...? I hope that you guys can really understand my frustration...please help me....

Last edited:

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello, I am using a Corsair product for my CPU as well. Although I have an AMD CPU (I do not know the maximum safe temperatures for Intel) , I would like to ask - How (method of application) ,how much (quantity) and what thermal paste did you apply ? There is a guide for applying thermal pastes for AMD and Intel CPUs on this website Arctic Silver, Inc. - Intel® Application Methods . Even if you are not using any thermal paste of this manufacturer , it may help,as it did help me when I was getting the same BSOD code some time back .
Also , you could try downloading Corsair Link to monitor your Corsair unit's coolant temperature and Google for the safe limit for the same. The latest version works well , at least on my PC , and you could also use it for changing the fan speed of your H100i. Just check whether it works with your unit (it should).

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Hello, I am using a Corsair product for my CPU as well. Although I have an AMD CPU (I do not know the maximum safe temperatures for Intel) , I would like to ask - How (method of application) ,how much (quantity) and what thermal paste did you apply ? There is a guide for applying thermal pastes for AMD and Intel CPUs on this website Arctic Silver, Inc. - Intel® Application Methods . Even if you are not using any thermal paste of this manufacturer , it may help,as it did help me when I was getting the same BSOD code some time back .
Also , you could try downloading Corsair Link to monitor your Corsair unit's coolant temperature and Google for the safe limit for the same. The latest version works well , at least on my PC , and you could also use it for changing the fan speed of your H100i. Just check whether it works with your unit (it should).

I am using Thermal Grease Paste Compound Silicone For CPU Heatsink(5 Thermal Grease Paste Compound Silicone FOR CPU Heatsink Heat Sink | eBay) and applying paste in line method(Linus tech tips helped me alot :D) i will download crosair link again, i removed crosair link because previous version had some bugs. I will let you know....thanks a lot for reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Temps of my pc while idle....
CAM Idle.jpg
Crosair idle.jpg

moltenskull

Journeyman
Your Corsair H100i is not being detected by Corsair Link (can't see it in the attachment) . Did you connect the USB cable provided with the H100i to a USB header on your motherboard? If you have and still can't see it in Corsair Link , check your Device Manager . If any yellow exclamation marks are there next to any Human_interface_devices , right click on that particular HID ,select uninstall and then right click on your PC name on the top in your Device Manager list and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. Restart Corsair Link and if you still can't see it in Link ,close it , install HWiNFO from it's website . After being installed , it should ask for confirmation to monitor your H100i. Select yes and check the Liquid Temperature, Fan and Pump in HWiNFO . If you still can't see the H100i ,check if both fans (hope they are in push-pull configuration?) are working .If both fans are working, check if the screws are too tightly fastened on the pump unit . If they are ,loosen them just a little bit but I am really sorry I can't say for definite , how much to loosen/tighten the screws. That is trial and error , unfortunately . If all these methods fail , call up Corsair India and if possible, get the H100i tested.
One thing I would also like to add , after applying thermal paste , are you turning on your PC immediately? I once used Cooler Master's thermal pastes and although advertised as fit for immediate usage , my PC would shut down by itself . I know you are using a different product , but if you can, apply the thermal paste , leave your case upright for about 6 hours , then try out different games . See if the BSOD happens again. Get a better thermal paste also ,if available.
Also, do check your Motherboard's power saving features and Google if any of them cause problems when turned off / on.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Your Corsair H100i is not being detected by Corsair Link (can't see it in the attachment) . Did you connect the USB cable provided with the H100i to a USB header on your motherboard? If you have and still can't see it in Corsair Link , check your Device Manager . If any yellow exclamation marks are there next to any Human_interface_devices , right click on that particular HID ,select uninstall and then right click on your PC name on the top in your Device Manager list and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. Restart Corsair Link and if you still can't see it in Link ,close it , install HWiNFO from it's website . After being installed , it should ask for confirmation to monitor your H100i. Select yes and check the Liquid Temperature, Fan and Pump in HWiNFO . If you still can't see the H100i ,check if both fans (hope they are in push-pull configuration?) are working .If both fans are working, check if the screws are too tightly fastened on the pump unit . If they are ,loosen them just a little bit but I am really sorry I can't say for definite , how much to loosen/tighten the screws. That is trial and error , unfortunately . If all these methods fail , call up Corsair India and if possible, get the H100i tested.
One thing I would also like to add , after applying thermal paste , are you turning on your PC immediately? I once used Cooler Master's thermal pastes and although advertised as fit for immediate usage , my PC would shut down by itself . I know you are using a different product , but if you can, apply the thermal paste , leave your case upright for about 6 hours , then try out different games . See if the BSOD happens again. Get a better thermal paste also ,if available.
Also, do check your Motherboard's power saving features and Google if any of them cause problems when turned off / on.

ok bro, i will let you know...
Strenge thing happened again...i was playing AC:Syndicate again for half hour and computer freezed with buzzing noise which i can hear before each BSOD 124 error but this time that buzzing sound is continous wthout any BSOD and CAM's FPS and temp overley is on, so i can clearly see that CPU temp is 71c and gpu temp is 78c but PC is not responding with buzzing sound so, after some secods i reseted my PC and checked in event viewer, it says that its critical Kernel-Power error, event 41 and i can see that there are many of these errors(IMG attached.) though i will check crosair link again but maybe problem could be anything else releted to power settings ???

Kernal Power.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

MB checked. No power saving features are enabled.
Crosair USB header installed and detected check img.
Crosair idle.jpg
HWiNFO64
HW.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I was playing AC:S again to test whether BSOD comes back or not but, no sign of it even after 2 hours of smooth gameplay so, i closed game and opened my computer and found out that one of my HDD is disconnected, i tried to shut down my PC, but even after shut down, there is still power in case and all fans are still spinning, after some time i restarted my PC and Surprise! HDD's is back again, so i checked health of both my HDD's with Hard Disk Sentinel and its showing everything is perfectly fine...i thought more info could help to find root cause of this problem...anyone can figure out whats exactly going on here?

Last edited:
OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Update.
It was wrong installation of cooler back plate. Installed it correctly with new washers & problem solved.
Thanks a lot everyone for help. :D :D :D

Top Bottom