BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
@din:will this card work/available in remote exchanges?I want a connxn in Arakuzha exchange which is 6 kms away from mvpa?does any scope of this connxn?

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
at last, i got a BSNL man who have some idea about such offers from BSNL, and he told me that my exchange is CDMA data supported, one can get 144 kbps speed.The problem is, here ICC still not started, only we can surf from WLL phone, and which costs 0.30p/m :evil::( no hope in my area,

VexByte

Norms Buster
praka123 said:
@din:will this card work/available in remote exchanges?I want a connxn in Arakuzha exchange which is 6 kms away from mvpa?does any scope of this connxn?
Why can't you try this one ?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73893

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
praka123 said:

Yes, it is available in most rural/urban areas, but please check with the nearest BSNL office. Mostly the excahneg guys will not be able to tell much details, so it will be better to contact the Commercial office / DGM (Planning) in the area.

Distance from exchange does not matter much, but distance from the CDMA tower really matter. From my experience, the most important thing (applies to all data cards) is the distance from the tower. If you are close to the tower the possibility of getting good/stable speed is much higher.

Also, ask the JTO / SDE of the exchange to do a test (they will not test using the card, but using the FWP or FWT, they will test and send a feasibility report upon request) before you go for it. So that you will get an approx idea of speed before you try.

The max speed you will get will be 80 or 90 kbps. As you are using BSNL broadband right now, you will feel this as worst !!! (as you are spoiled with the great speed of BB ;) )

This card is recommended for people who are in rural areas or who do not have any other alternaives (like no ISP providing BB in the area etc). Also, BSNL data card charge is the BEST compared to other pvt operators. And no other operator will give you card on rental ! So its sure a good thing if you get good speeds.

praka123

left this forum longback
@din:well,i have to search for bsnl tower!there already tata,reliance coverage got.but cdma or wll which one :?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ praka... i'll give u an hint.. BSNL CDMA towers are slim, tall, and on the genset.. u can see BSNL logo with CDMA2000 IX sign..

praka123

left this forum longback
^ok.thnx will look up for it.but my friend who is working in TVS+foreign company who lays mobile tower says these towers are rented out to all the mobile companies,hence sharing.I hope bsnl got separate towers.

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
hi guys i got some some very very good news especially for the peoples who live in bhuaneswar, orissa .
I went to the division office today and talk to the head of WLL department . He is a very nice man and he explains all the things to me.

As for EVDO its already lunched in Bhubaneswar and he told me the rest of the work is at finishing stage and it will take 15 to 20 days to complete . now Evdo is present in C.S pur , Rasulgad and Khandagir . well i did not got the chance to check the speed but he told me next time when i will go there he can arrange that for me . He is still not sure about the price for EVDO , and he told me the price is not set for that while i can take EVDo for 250/month rent . :)

As for ICC card he told me its complete in Bhubaneswar . And working well (i still dont know how is the speed ) . Previously i thought that ICC card is same as WLL and it will work in the local area only . But as for the information i got from him he told me that i can take my ICC card to any where in Orissa . But there is nothing set for EVDO . And the very very good news for all the peoples is that they are at the process of roaming :D . Yes friends BSNL is preparing itself for the race . its planing to make roaming facility to compete all the other operators . So we can take the internet with us while roaming:p;):D:eek::):cool::eek:

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Great, if they expand EVDO and allow roaming, that will be the best solution for people on the move.

Hope they will do..

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
well din bhai can u kindly check the mobility of ur icc card if possible . i mean can u check it out of ur local WLL area ?

Anindya

In the zone
What nonsense this is not ur marketing area. Read the terms and conditions properly:mad: This post will be reported:mad:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Update from bangalore..

Though EV-DO is still not here.. CDMA 1x speed is boosted.. i'm getting 180 - 220 Kbps sometimes..

Download Speed - 12 - 15 KBps
Upload Speed - 10 - 13 KBps

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Well m currently in hostel which is 45 mins/18 km away frm pune.. The village is called Loni. I m thinking of buying data card with ul plan.. Shld I got EVDO?? Would it work at good speed? Any idea? What is the cost for 2.4 mbps plan?? Is it ul? How many days does it take to get the connection if i apply today? Also what is diff bettwen EVDO and interface card?? I mean @ Rs. 400 they are givin 2.4 mbps and 144 kbps also?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Well there is only one plan that is unlimited!

Get EVDO for 2.4 Mbps... (Still EVDO network is not established.. till then u will be able to access CDMA 1x.. which gives u 144 Kbps.. with the EVDO..

as for as speed is concerned, it is good for casual browsing and for small download rituals.. not to mention this is better than conventional dial-up.. and even the speed u get depends on how far u stay from the CDMA tower.. 3 - 5 KMs is good... i'm staying 7 KMs away.. still getting good speeds coz i'm in semi-urbun and lots of wide open spaces..

For rates.. see this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=646692&postcount=184 and www.bsnlevdoclub.com

I can say it as instant.. pay and carry device... u will get it instantly on the same day... but they take few hours to activate

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Update :

Returned the two data cards I got from BSL as I got Dataone BB recently (not stable yet though).

May be teh first one to use data card and first one to return too lol.

The officials were more confused this time as they had no info how to take it back after the min rental period. Had to call and ask the DGM for details. Anyway the procedure is same as WLL phone. Filling up form etc.

Happy I could use it for about 3 months. The speed was good most of the time.

Will continue replying if any members need info on the datacard.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello Din,
can you revise the rates as I mentioned below..

Ref. BSNL corporate Office,New Delhi,Commercial section letter No. 115-11/Comml/Pt dt 11-12-07

NIC EVDO

1.Registration NIL NIL
2.Activation charges 250 500
3.Cards charges
1.FOR PURCHASING
(PCMCIA OR USB) 2800* 6500
OR
a) MONTHLY RENTAL for card 150 200
b) Security deposit " " 1000 (refundable) 1000 (refundable)
4.fixed monthly charges for internet 250 550
In both cases unlimited internet usuage
Minimum hire period is three months.
* Rs 2800 is only introductory offer for the period of three months from the date of rollout. All other conditions in the previous order shall apply.

with regards,
vaithy

Sorry folks!
I make the mess of the posting actually it sshould be tabular form two column for NIC and EVDO.. mod can you correct the post..
thank you
vaithy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom