BSNL to provide 8mbps shortly -Must read

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno geek

Broken In
BSNL to introduce new service shortly R. Sairam
Three-in-one `Broadband Multiplay'

MADURAI: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is all set to introduce some of its next generation Internet services.
The new scheme titled `Broadband Multiplay' will have voice, video and Internet protocol television (IPTV) services in one package. While at present the connectivity speed of BSNL broadband connection is two megabits per second (MBPS), the new technology will enable connectivity at a speed of eight MBPS.
The IPTV service will enable access to content providers who will offer "content on demand." A `set top box,' either on a rental basis or outright purchase, will be provided to consumers to access this facility.
To be launched in 789 cities all over the country shortly, the requisite infrastructure was being put in place, a senior official said here on Monday. The feasibility study of the project had been completed and the equipment was being delivered to the sites for installation.
Madurai would be the base for the services offered in and around the city. It would be provided based on parameters such as density of customers in the vicinity of BSNL telephone exchanges and number of `Bfone' subscribers. In the initial stage, the project would be implemented using copper wires.
A new futuristic technology, `Fibre to the home,' was in the final stage of technical valuation, the official said and expressed the hope that it would be implemented by the year-end.

source:*www.hindu.com/2007/03/14/stories/2007031422680100.htm

Josan

Gangsta
WaT Should I Say,to this noose ,yeah its another good from bsnl ,but bsnl is not for me because i live in a village and its far away from the reach of the BSNL (even jus 16 Km From the city where its is available and in punjab)

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
BSNL :)) ... and is it upto 8 mbps again . They shud first go for unlimited than ramping up the speed with crap data limits.

agnels

Live The Dream!
Josan said:
WaT Should I Say,to this noose ,yeah its another good from bsnl ,but bsnl is not for me because i live in a village and its far away from the reach of the BSNL (even jus 16 Km From the city where its is available and in punjab)

First provide Broadband in Villages. In my village more than 50% have computer. 97% have landline connection. 75% have mobile connection..............but no broadband

praka123

left this forum longback
agnels said:
First provide Broadband in Villages. In my village more than 50% have computer. 97% have landline connection. 75% have mobile connection..............but no broadband
:shock: is tat true?are we in some where in England:eek:
yes in my state ppl got computers(no,no way 50% may be 15% :p ) in villages and bsnl does a good job by providing either dataone(BB) or for sure dialup internet like netone.landline penetration is high.there is no such a divide that exists btwn villages and towns in kerala;may be in high-ranges(Malnad) eastern hilly areas of Kerala-remember Munnar.even there dial-up internet rocks!

pannaguma

Turn The Page
i dont understand, for years we stuck with 56Kbps, then suddenly 256Kbps->>2Mbps->>8Mbps in a year and a half.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
My local newspapers had news that it will be launched this week in my city :) They said they has all *infrastructure* in place ;)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
8mbps connection ...but what about the tarrifs.and last time they screwed the whole thing by not upgrading the unlimited plans.is this gonna be the same way like it was then??

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
i just hope they put just dont put 1 GB bandwidth limit on this. Else as someone rightly said in this forum, "they will provide us hayabusa with 1 litre petrol."

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
gr8 news..........something that bring smile on my face.But I will request BSNL to first concerntrate to provide unlimited package of atlease @ 1 MBPS speed.

Whts the use of 8 MBPS speed when downloading limit is 1-4 GB per month.

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
According to the news it will be released in chandigarh on 1st june 2007 so really a good news for all the chandigarhians!!!!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Ankur Mittal said:
According to the news it will be released in chandigarh on 1st june 2007 so really a good news for all the chandigarhians!!!!!

Yep :lol: But we got our BSNL line disconnected a year back. But this is will bring competition and teach Airtel a lesson who lately think they own everybody :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom