BSNL to change billing system in 2-3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbgupta

Journeyman
State-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd plans to switch over to the Call-Detail-Record (CDR) billing system for its 3.5-crore landline subscribers in the next two to three months.

"Our landline billing system as of now works on a conventional technology, and we are unable to give a customised offer to subscribers. But very soon all that will be a thing of the past," BSNL Deputy Director General, (Enterprise Business), Sunil Kumar said. Telephone exchanges spread over 20 major cities across the country would switch over to the CDR system for billing in the next 2-3 months, he said.

The entire project is being carried out in a phased manner and over the next 6-8 month, all the exchanges will be connected to this technology, he said. He said, "One of the advantages of the new billing system is that one single bill could be generated for an entire corporate house, and the payments also, accordingly be made from any where in the country," the BSNL official said.

"In addition, we will be able to offer various tariff plans to landline customers on the lines of mobile tariff plans." The introduction of the CDR billing system is part of the public sector company's plans to become an information and communication technology (ICT) services provider. BSNL is also looking at providing managed network services (MNS), Kumar said. MNS is a typical progression for telecom operators that have big networks, Kumar said, adding, "as the IT and telecom requirements of the enterprises are increasing, we aim to become a one-stop-shop for all their requirements, be it voice, data, application, security or any other such need."

"As a part of the MNS, we are also in the process of introducing global audio conferencing to our subscribers." The service may be launched as early as within the next four weeks, Kumar added. Audio conferencing is a calling feature that can be used when there are more than two participants or callers. In audio conferencing, the call from both ends is charged as per the local tariffs.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
^ +1

Sounds nice, now I hope that they dont botch up the implementation part by announcing stupid schemes which are of little benefit.

din

Tribal Boy
If you have a bank account with internet banking facility you can pay through online.
In fact I pay through online.

Hmm, are you sure it is all over India ? I meant the online payment for BSNL landline bills.

I use online payment for Airtel, Tata (phone, BB) and Reliance and found it very useful and time saving.

Please send the link, I mean online payment of BSNL landline phone bills.

Thanks in advance.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
Almost every bank with internet banking facility provides online payment of BSNL landline phone bills payment service. Some examples are HDFC, IDBI, UCO bank, etc. If you have account in any of these banks or if your bank provides internet banking facility then you have to register for it and then you will be able to use this service. The bill amount is directly deducted from your bank account.

din

Tribal Boy
I have an account with HDFC, net banking is active and I use it for paying mobile phone bills. That part is clear. But how to pay BSNL landphone bill ?

For providers like Airtel, TATA etc, we go to their site, register, add mobile number, then pay bill. Any similar mechanism for BSNL (landline telephone bill payment) ? That is what I meant.

OP
M

mrbgupta

Journeyman
@ din

Only for you :

*www.hdfcbank.com/applications/misc/billpay_electricity.asp

Not sure if your city is covered.

You may opt for ECS.your bill amount will be deducted from your bank account directly.No need to stand in queue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom