BSNL loses over 12 lakh landline subscribers in June

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
*www.firstpost.com/business/bsnl-loses-over-12-lakh-landline-subscribers-in-june-1087955.html

BSNL lost 12.6 lakh subscribers in its bread and butter landline business this June, and taking the 15 lakh subscribers it lost in May, the total loss in twomonths alone comes to almost 28 lakh.
In May, BSNL was the only telco to lose landline subscribers but in June, Bharti and MTNL also together lost about 6,000 subscribers. BSNL’s landline or wireline business decline is a matter of concern since it has, along with MTNL, already allowed complete monopoly to private telcos in the mobile services business – only in the landline segment do the two PSU companies have a little less than 80% market share. But now, here too their market share is obviously dwindling if BSNL loses subscribers.

amjath

Human Spambot
I had frequent disconnection but BSNL fixed them so fast. unbelievable isnt it. No sarcasm here.
Also I cannot take any other service provider cause
Airtel =Sh!tty plan
All Other provider = not available

So far BSNL is best for me

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
It's always bad news if the public sector suffers. All of the public sector Cos are posting losses for the past 3 years.

I am not saying allowing private sector to grow should be avoided. There should be healthy competition for the benefit of consumers.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I am still sticking to BSNL BB unlimited plan cause no other plan is better in my city... They are good. :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
BSNL need to improve network, connection wiring and customer service.

99% customers leave because of frequent disconnection problem and poor customer service.
Customers can prefer to pay more price but should get quality service.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
My Home Mobile Bill comes Less then Telephone landline Bills : Daily rental sucks !!
landline bills = 350 - 400 rs and Mobile 100-200 rs .

I am Planing to Unplug BSNL For 1 month and Switch to Mobile for 1 month Complete to check difference .
Problem is My mom and dad fell comfortable with landlines as pick up receiver and dial phone no and are uncomfortable with mobile's small Buttons :(

but will still try to move to mobile

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
My Home Mobile Bill comes Less then Telephone landline Bills : Daily rental sucks !!
landline bills = 350 - 400 rs and Mobile 100-200 rs .

I am Planing to Unplug BSNL For 1 month and Switch to Mobile for 1 month Complete to check difference .
Problem is My mom and dad fell comfortable with landlines as pick up receiver and dial phone no and are uncomfortable with mobile's small Buttons :(

but will still try to move to mobile

There are some landphone like thingys in which u can insert sim and use .

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Man, is BSNL that bad ? :shock:

I had a pretty decent experience with it when in Dehradun, on a limited 250 plan though.(I watched a lot of anime and got handed a bill of 5,000 once :-D)

I'm now moving to my hometown Lucknow so was planning on a BSNL broadband as Airtel is not worth my money(they seriously don't have a true UL plan :-x). I have had a much better experience with MTNL here in Delhi, where I currently stay. They have an awesome true UL plan.

They have the best rental and even decent speeds. I'm not into Dota (neither CS:Source) these days so network fluctuations don't matter that much to me but consistent speeds are important if I have to download a movie or so... and on top of it they have the best policy(unlike those ISPs which impose a cap on bandwidth making their UL plan sound like a mockery of the customer)

No download cap, ofc :-D

I'm currently using an expensive Tata Photon Plus @950 p.m but it was mainly because I had to travel a lot and sometimes my MTNL would fail me at the least expected moment :p I don't understand why they can't provide a truly UL plan when countries like Korea can do it... is it asking too much ? Yep.

So far, the UL 800 pm BSNL plan seems logical but then you guys report otherwise. Is the service that bad ? Or was it because I was on a Limited plan and I actually overpaid them for their less-than-deserving service that I do not know what's the difference between an Limited and Unlimited plan ? My friend once told me that my L plan is a 1000 times better than his UL plan.

Sad, really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom