BSNL launches 24 Mbps Broadband plans in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
BBG Super Speed Combo 9999

Promotional BB Combo Plan with a high speed upto 24 Mbps under both Home and Business category for a period of 90 days w.e.f 24/02/2010. This Plan shall be offered after ascertaining the technical feasibility of the committed speed . The tariff for this new Broadband Plan is prescribed as follows:

More @ *bsnl.co.in/service/bbtariff/BBG_superspeed_combo.htm

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Read it somewhere else first.. Thought it was some joke..
Anyway its aimed at large firms, business.. Nothing in it for us..

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Bsnl Is doing it atleast...Hope the prices come down soon and limit be removed...My friend in uk has connection in home of 16mbps for 10 pound a month...This is what we expect..

mehta708

Broken In
I have COMBO 2799 i.e. 8MBPS broadband. Their servers can't even manage that. I have to go through problems very often. I wonder how they'll manage 24MBPS.

Those illiterate technicians at BSNL don't know a single thing. They took almost a month to upgrade my speeds from 2MBPS to 8MBPS when I upgraded my plan from HOME 500 to COMBO 2799.

who cares for that, am happy with 500 plan and would be very happy if they upgrade the existing 256kbps to 512kbps and 2.5gb limit to 3-5gb,without raising any prices, that would be more than enough.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
BSNL's efforts are much appreciated..and thanks for the news soumya.
My friends who have spent some time in the west make fun of internet speeds we get in India. atleast BSNL is trying to take all of us there. Prices will come down as technology gets cheaper.

Last edited:

RChandan

Broken In
atleast BSNL is trying to take all of us there. Prices will come down as technology gets cheaper.

My as.s. Not even in the next 5 years will a 24Mbps connection be "somewhat" affordable in India. You can expect 8Mbps to be a bit more common though. If I'm not being overly cynical, then 2011 should shee widespread usage (note the emphasis) of 2Mbps lines across all ISPs in India.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
really in India internet connection are very costly.I am paying £15 for 10Mbps connection.But at least no ban for torrent.enjoy downloading.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
I always wonder why we cant get net connection without limits (or at least descent data limits at lower prices :razz: ) and higher speed.

I am now in Germany and this is what i am getting :razz::razz::mrgreen:

*www.speedtest.net/result/753183461.png

Its University network, same i get in home without limits and as a student getting it free. :razz:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Introduction of New High Speed (upto 16 Mbps) Combo Limited Plan under both Home and
Business Category.

Upto 16 Mbps
Monthly charges (Rs.)4999
Download/Upload Limit (MB/GB) per month - 110 GB

*bsnl.co.in/service/bbtariff/BBG_combo4999.htm

mobiclue

Broken In
Ha ha that's very funny. I just want to say one thing. BSNL, please provide my 512 mbps connection with advertised speed.

Deblopper

Member Moderator
I always wonder why we cant get net connection without limits (or at least descent data limits at lower prices :razz: ) and higher speed.

I am now in Germany and this is what i am getting :razz::razz::mrgreen:

*www.speedtest.net/result/753183461.png

Its University network, same i get in home without limits and as a student getting it free. :razz:

>>> *Phew!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom