BSNL has plan to upgrade Broadband Speed by March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
bangalore india's IT hub a "sodding locations" ? ok.........
Between all the places I have visited in India, it's the best place I have ever visited, and love. I have a small office at Bannerghata road (sorry if I misspelled). I said 'sodding' cause BSNL doesn't give a damn about these places! Please try to get the point first dude :|

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Between all the places I have visited in India, it's the best place I have ever visited, and love. I have a small office at Bannerghata road (sorry if I misspelled). I said 'sodding' cause BSNL doesn't give a damn about these places! Please try to get the point first dude :|

actually previously other isp used to give nice plans now they also moving to bsnl path...........

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Hmmm... Looks like the good news is here at last.

Since yesterday I have seen an uptick in the speed. Thought it was a fluke at best.
Measured today with Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.

It is now 1 Mbps+ for download and 512 Kbps for upload. I am only supposed to have 512 Kbps both ways as I have long cleared my 1 Mbps quota of 6 GB per month and the month is not over yet.

Ironman

In the zone

Since yesterday I have seen an uptick in the speed. Thought it was a fluke at best.

It is now 1 Mbps+ for download and 512 Kbps for upload. I am only supposed to have 512 Kbps both ways as I have long cleared my 1 Mbps quota of 6 GB per month and the month is not over yet.

Sometimes it happens with me too (Its Temporary)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
At least what I experience is the true nature of BSNL,no sudden surges in Bandwidth nor any other anomalies.

Just now :
*www.speedtest.net/result/3394631370.png

Friends,just note the decrease in ping values.
I want to see what they are up for in April 2014.

May be after elections 2014,they might increase the speed...since every administrative reforms now falls under the purview of Election Commission of India.

Ironman

In the zone
At least what I experience is the true nature of BSNL,no sudden surges in Bandwidth nor any other anomalies.

Just now :
*www.speedtest.net/result/3394631370.png

Friends,just note the decrease in ping values.
I want to see what they are up for in April 2014.

May be after elections 2014,they might increase the speed...since every administrative reforms now falls under the purview of Election Commission of India.

I rarely Believe anything good related to BSNL specially Calcutta Telephones !

[Slower than 80 % of IN] -- HA ha ha :lol:

Most of the Websites we visit are not from india (Hosted)

Am i Surprised with the Ping ? - No

Try with a European or American Server
Ping will go up to like 200+
*www.speedtest.net/result/3399361867.png

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
I actually am getting better ping like before it was around 300 for EU servers now from last 10 days it has decreased to around 190 - 200

boneless

New to this forum

i am on uld 800 plan and i have long before crossed the 6gb data cap...dont know why but since march 31 i am already getting 1mbps..i thought that data cap starts from 1st of every month??..when i asked a bsnl employee about it he said "bsnl only considers 30 days in a month and if 31st comes it takes it as 1st of the next month"...i think i am double fooled by bsnl... 1st by bsnl for its surpirse speed then its by the employes answer :lol:
....anyways i have finished 9 gb still getting 1mbps..any idea guys??

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
i am on uld 800 plan and i have long before crossed the 6gb data cap...dont know why but since march 31 i am already getting 1mbps..i thought that data cap starts from 1st of every month??..when i asked a bsnl employee about it he said "bsnl only considers 30 days in a month and if 31st comes it takes it as 1st of the next month"...i think i am double fooled by bsnl... 1st by bsnl for its surpirse speed then its by the employes answer :lol:

You might want to let the BSNL guys know about this and they can help you getting the speeds reduced to the FUP agreed levels. Or may be disconnect internet all togather as they are terribly inconsistent on thier FUP limitations.

PS:: I wish average Indians understand the sarcasm without the author notifying the same to the readers

boneless

New to this forum
You might want to let the BSNL guys know about this and they can help you getting the speeds reduced to the FUP agreed levels. Or may be disconnect internet all togather as they are terribly inconsistent on thier FUP limitations.

PS:: I wish average Indians understand the sarcasm without the author notifying the same to the readers

well i have heard few users getting speed even after exceeding FUP...but getting the monthly quote started a day before 1st..on 31 is somthing new for me...and if the bsnl employees had little more of knowledge of thier field it would have helped..i further asked the employee that how does bsnl calculate the month of feb?..does it believe that the day after 28th is 29,30 and then 1st?..poor guy was dumbstruck
:razz:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz

I also got the higher speed yesterday, but it slowed down to 512kbps today evening.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
BSNL is a total fad onto itself.
Just see,nowhere in India has the speed/bandwidth of BB increased.
They just are a casual liar for any statements they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom