BSNL has plan to upgrade Broadband Speed by March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When you post something post in full or don't post. The prices of those two plans have been hiked but the cap has been withdrawn!

Customers on BB Home Rural Combo ULD 500 will have to pay additional Rs. 50 per month now. A positive thing here is, there won’t be any differential speed after usage of 6 GB. Earlier the speed was capped to 256 kbps after that limit. Now it would be 512 kbps flat and the plan name will be changed to BB Home Rural Combo UL 550. Customers on BB Home Combo ULD 950 are not as lucky. They will be paying Rs. 999 with no other changes!

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^The cap has only been removed for that particular rural combo uld plan.ULD 950 only gets a price hike.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
rural plan means it is available only in rural areas(less than a specific no. of connections at local exchange & other factors) making these plans unavailable for more than 99% of people here & in general not of much use(rural folks/their bsnl lines conditions won't be making full use of these plans anyway).

funskar

Padawan
When you post something post in full or don't post. The prices of those two plans have been hiked but the cap has been withdrawn!

The cap is removed from rural plan only.. n that plan is for only rural area..

And it's give sign of price hikes of bsnl all bb plans..
Airtel too hiked it plans upto 40% earlier this month

icebags

Technomancer
i wish there were some rules, so that bsnl could only provide service in rural areas. urban areas deserve better infrastructure and plans. :(

tkin

Back to school!!
I just wish that they give us 1Mbps post fup, for ~1k, all of their plans below 6.3k have 512kbps post fup.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

DAMNNNNED !!!

I am on ULD950 Plan,that means I've to shell out Rs.49/- more. Still to be considered only if they keep a flat bandwidth of 4Mbps (at least 2Mbps) UNLIMITED...

I think this has to be looked upon :--->(Those of whom are staying at Kolkata)

High Speed Net Surfing with Alliance Broadband Services.Cost Effective & Reliable for SOHO users & Domestic users.

Unlimited Re-Loaded

*www.alliancekolkata.co.in/images/tariff.jpg

Source : *www.alliancekolkata.co.in/tariff.php

The optimum choice(for me and alike) is PLAN : "Downloaders Delight" ---> PACKAGE : "PREFERRED" :mrgreen::lol:

Responses required from all @TDF friends...
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] anything to comment?

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

if hike happens then even with 1-2 days downtime in a month alliance plans look better option at least for downloaders.

Thanks Friend for a worthy assurance.
Actually I download most of (various flavoured)Linux Distros in orders of GB from the net...
Though I am still with BSNL at least till October(Pujas)...if and only if some upgradation in bandwidth occurs.:wink:

After that I shall switch over to Alliance.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, in Kolkata it's an option but I am not in Kolkata exactly, but some kms away, and here when Alliance tried to introduce their service they got threatened by our local cable wallahs! Mothersuckers. Otherwise that Rs.1399 plan is bloody damn good :cool:

icebags

Technomancer
alliance is also good for online gameplaying. my friend gets ~100-120ms ping @ asian servers, while bsnl normally gives 160-200ms.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
BSNL gives me 180-210ms ping @ euro servers and 90-110ms ping on Singapore servers..

kg11sgbg

Minimum 2Mbps FLAT is required for a minimum effective Broadband service.
The political will is not present in India...and will never be.:twisted:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Minimum 2Mbps FLAT is required for a minimum effective Broadband service.
The political will is not present in India...and will never be.:twisted:

that will come by Next elections in 2019.. :lol:

consider yourself lucky that 512 kbps at least has been made mandatory.. and even for that they have hiked the tariff by 100-200 rs

at this rate 4g will become more cheaper than broadband..

btw what is stopping ACT broadband to come to whole Northern areas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom